Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Reminder of similar times...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='1003336' date='Sep 9 2009, 09:34 PM
Wow, JDN was still posting... RIP buddy.
Thanks Rudy.
Yeah, JDN was one of the original converts from Roadfly...as far as him "still posting" in that old thread, he was actually very active here and posted pretty much continually from 2004 all the way up to around June of 2008!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1003312' date='Sep 9 2009, 09:14 PM
If someone wants to resize my sig photos, that would be great.
Scott, since C has unexpectedly turned me into a photoshop guru,
I went ahead and resized your sig photos for you...

These ought to make everyone (including Iceman) happy:

Name:  ReducedSigPic.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  17.6 KB Name:  ReducedSigPic2.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  16.5 KB Name:  ReducedSigPic3.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  17.8 KB

Then again, I could always go a tad smaller...
Old 09-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1003355' date='Sep 9 2009, 09:55 PM
Scott, since C has unexpectedly turned me into a photoshop guru,
I went ahead and resized your sig photos for you...

These ought to make everyone (including Iceman) happy:

Attachment 89672 Attachment 89673 Attachment 89674

Then again, I could always go a tad smaller...
Thanks Rudy. I was hoping for an intermediate size as one would need a magnifying glass to see these.

But if Iceman is happy with this size then I am happy.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1003378' date='Sep 9 2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks Rudy. I was hoping for an intermediate size as one would need a magnifying glass to see these. But if Iceman is happy with this size then I am happy.
Don't worry, Scott. As the old saying goes, "it's not how big it is, it's what you do with it that counts"
Old 09-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

This forum has a rich history that most members have probably never taken the time to research. Thank you for the reminder Rudy.

I was BSing with chowbox today regarding the problems we are having here. Ironically, they had the same problems on S2Ki(Honda S2000 forum) that we are experiencing now. He was member #345 on S2Ki, which now has 80,000 members. He experienced first hand that with the depreciation of the S2000 so went the decline of the forum. Like poleposition, I believe we are experiencing similar situation here. It's unfortunate, but with the depreciation of our E60's, we are also experiencing a similar decline. We are, however, moving in the right direction to resolve these problems. Thank you again to Rudy, Iceman and all the senior members who have taken the time to help reclaim our forum from the savages.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1003355
Thanks Rudy. I was hoping for an intermediate size as one would need a magnifying glass to see these.

But if Iceman is happy with this size then I am happy.

Name:  magnifying.gif
Views: 5
Size:  1.5 KB

I do like the new signature, because its size is very good.

But...

I would have left the group foto out, because it's pretty useless. No names in it, and even in the bigger size it was not possible to identify the members, maybe for those that are in the pic...
If you look at the size of DRANGED's sig, that I would consider the MAX.
A few exceptions I AM cool with, such as C's Bimmer's funny as hell E60.net/Village People PS art work. This is, becase it has a history on the forum itself, not just in real life, and everyone knows about it. But such exceptions I am only cool with, when there's nothing else.

In your case we had three big pictures, one that was only of interest for insiders, and HUGE text.
Also, because of the recent PW'ing, your sig was all over the forum, in almost every thread, after almost every post of someone, in some threads there were many posts made by yo, so your sig was EVERYWHERE, and then teh PW'ing messages where short and about 50% of no REAL value. So, when looking for informations, or using the view new posts feature, your posts where so present that your signature became extremely annoying. On my 22" monitor it filled up half of the height. So, reading through the new posts was all scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. And the bigger pictures are, the longer it takes them to load, so, while you are scrolling through, pictures that you have "skipped" are loading... and your scrolliung down gets bumped back up, since some pics have just loaded...

Right now, you're right, I do need a magnifying glass... So it's pretty useless again, allthough I like the size.

It should be somewhere in the middle...
Maybe a bit smaller than DRANGED's, which really is at the limits IMHO, but not THAT small.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the input Iceman. I will see if I can get the photos slightly enlarged.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1003171' date='Sep 9 2009, 06:05 PM
Oh yes, we all violated the user agreement over there and most of us got banned for it.
oo got the message loud and clear NEVER DISRESPECT THE FORUM OR YOUR OUTTA HERE!! LOL. sorry im feeling really loyal right now..

thinking i should crop my sig more now
Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1003721' date='Sep 10 2009, 07:36 AM
In your case we had three big pictures, one that was only of interest for insiders, and HUGE text.
Also, because of the recent PW'ing, your sig was all over the forum, in almost every thread, after almost every post of someone, in some threads there were many posts made by yo, so your sig was EVERYWHERE, and then teh PW'ing messages where short and about 50% of no REAL value. So, when looking for informations, or using the view new posts feature, your posts where so present that your signature became extremely annoying. On my 22" monitor it filled up half of the height. So, reading through the new posts was all scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. And the bigger pictures are, the longer it takes them to load, so, while you are scrolling through, pictures that you have "skipped" are loading... and your scrolliung down gets bumped back up, since some pics have just loaded...
now i know nothing about code written for these bulletin boards, but one thing thing to see if we could do is to have the signature not appear on more than one post per page.

Here is a link from S2ki.com that shows my signature on the first post, but any other post on that page it will drop it off, uncluttering the page a bit.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...=718485&hl=

holy cow, i've been on there almost 9 years
Old 09-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by chowbox' post='1003774' date='Sep 10 2009, 09:44 AM
now i know nothing about code written for these bulletin boards, but one thing thing to see if we could do is to have the signature not appear on more than one post per page.

Here is a link from S2ki.com that shows my signature on the first post, but any other post on that page it will drop it off, uncluttering the page a bit.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...=718485&hl=

holy cow, i've been on there almost 9 years
That's a great idea Chowbox. I hope that there is a way for the admins to implement that there.

Quick Reply: Reminder of similar times...