Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!
View Poll Results: Should a 7 series (E65/E66) forum be created?
Yes, create it!
96.00%
No, not a good idea!
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Possible New 7 Series (E65/E66) Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 03:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I think this is awesome. I like the 7er and I am contemplating upgrading in the future. We all share a common denominator BMW.

Tonymac
Old 12-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I agree that a 7 forum will be helpful for the "displaced" guys from the other site regardless of the similarities with the models. (I don't really think it's relevant that the 7 series designation resembles E6x -- obviously that's more of a coincidence than any actual commonality between it and the current 5 or 6 series.)

What I do find that's common is the fact that the 7 series guys that are now here tend to be very much like the 5 and 6 series members here. As tonymac said above, we all share a love for BMWs and, in addition, we all tend to act like adults (for the most part ) unlike many other forums on the internet. I don't want to imply that I'm talking specifically about any other BMW related forum, just car forums in general.

This forum and it's members display a high level of maturity and remarkably, we are able to work out differences between each other with little to no moderator intervention. Sure, we have our moments but generally, things tend to get worked out among the membership relatively painless- (and flameless-) -ly.

I know the original intent of this forum was to be all about the E60 and, like the many new 7 series guys that are here, we came together back in 2004 out of a desire to find something better than where we were. It's also important to remember, and I can't speak for Lomag, that there was never any intention for this site to become commercial or otherwise make money. Running a site like this costs money and without the voluntary donations of our members, I don't think we'd be here today. I only mention this to make it clear that E60.net, as far as I'm aware, has no intentions of becoming and/or competing with commercial sites such as BF, RF, etc.

In my opinion, we shouldn't just create dozens of new forums to try to become another Bimmerfest, etc. We should remain "small" and only adjust the forums once a significant demand (and consensus) is reached. To be honest, at first, I wasn't convinced we should carve out a 7 forum because I questioned how and when we'd "draw the line" on every other request for a new forum (like a 3 forum, a X5 forum, etc.) Now that I've seen that the 7 guys seem to be here to stay and seem to be well behaved, I think it would help the forum to have their postings live in their own place. Whether it's a sub-forum of the "Other BMW models" forum or it's own, I'm not sure it matters to me at this point.

Sorry I haven't chimed in much earlier about this whole thing...I've been swamped lately and haven't had the time to participate as much as usual...
Old 12-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Soooo have we decided on the section yet?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

*** UPDATE ***
Just in, live breaking news. The people have voted. As of today, it looks like the public is leaning toward a go ahead on propsition E65/E66. I say lets get this thing started already.

Should a 7 series (E65/E66) forum be created?
Yes, create it! [ 16 ] - [94.12%]
No, not a good idea! [ 1 ] - [5.88%]
Old 12-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Your admin has read the wish list and will deliver your Christmas gift just in time.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

Thanks to everyone that was involved to making this come true.

Lomag Iceman and Rudy.

I cannot ever thank you guys enough for this one.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='747407
... It's also important to remember, and I can't speak for Lomag, that there was never any intention for this site to become commercial or otherwise make money. Running a site like this costs money and without the voluntary donations of our members, I don't think we'd be here today....
Old 12-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='747417' date='Dec 17 2008, 01:15 PM
you and the other 7 series owners/members can show your apperciation by donating/contributing to the forum...

Like Rudy said...
I agree. I will be donating very very shortly.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

I think a 7 series section would be great, will help grow our community
Old 12-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Go go go 7er section