Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

IPB 2.1.4 Bug Fixes

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='213871' date='Dec 21 2005, 02:15 AM
Lomag, there's one small bug since the upgrade that's been "bugging" me but I didn't say anything about it until now because I thought I'd be able to adjust to things. I'm now a bit frustrated by it so here goes:

After typing a reply, after you add an attachment or add a link to the reply, the entire message is "selected" (or highlighted). This never used to do this.

I didn't think it was a big deal until recently when I typed a long reply to something and wished to throw a link to another thread at the end of my message. I used the "insert link" button on the reply page which brings up the window for the URL of the link (as always). I entered in my URL and pressed enter to get to the "title of the webpage" window (as always) and typed my title and pressed enter. The result is that the link is inserted like it should be but the entire message is now selected (highlighted in blue). Why does this matter? Well right after adding the link, I hit the return key to continue typing and bingo, my entire message was gone. (Any key would have wiped things out, not just return.)

Anyone else frustrated by this new "feature?"
The forum software has been upgraded to 2.1.4 which fixes the above issue along with over 100 others. Let me know if you see anything wierd!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Thanks Mark!

I just did a test and the bug I reported above looks to be gone now...
Old 01-05-2006, 06:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='219103
Lomag, there's one small bug since the upgrade that's been "bugging" me but I didn't say anything about it until now because I thought I'd be able to adjust to things. I'm now a bit frustrated by it so here goes:

After typing a reply, after you add an attachment or add a link to the reply, the entire message is "selected" (or highlighted). This never used to do this.

I didn't think it was a big deal until recently when I typed a long reply to something and wished to throw a link to another thread at the end of my message. I used the "insert link" button on the reply page which brings up the window for the URL of the link (as always). I entered in my URL and pressed enter to get to the "title of the webpage" window (as always) and typed my title and pressed enter. The result is that the link is inserted like it should be but the entire message is now selected (highlighted in blue). Why does this matter? Well right after adding the link, I hit the return key to continue typing and bingo, my entire message was gone. (Any key would have wiped things out, not just return.)

Anyone else frustrated by this new "feature?"
The forum software has been upgraded to 2.1.4 which fixes the above issue along with over 100 others. Let me know if you see anything wierd!
[/quote]I have had very large problems from Belgium. I try to add attachments that are not overly large and many different things occur. My first attachment typically attaches. Then, when I go to do the second, it often takes the place of the first. Trying to get around these issues I sometimes try to preview my posts. I am sure that that is when the duplicate posts appear. Once the duplicates start appearing whatever was attached to my real post disappears only to reaperar later. With respect to the duplicates, some have the attachment and some don't. I seem to never be able to get a second attachment attached. I am going to try again now, form Bruges, with very small files. I have left some of the detail out of the woes I described above, but I am sure that you get the gist of the issues.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Hmmm....
Old 01-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='219560' date='Jan 5 2006, 11:39 AM
Hmmm....
Old 02-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Hi Lomag:

If interested, check out posts #14 to #17 in this thread. The issue there is similar to the one I mentioned when I said, in post #3 of this thread, that duplicates starting appearing every time I previewed a post [after editing]. The current problem does not appear to have anything to do with attachments; mine probably didn't either even though I was dealing with attachments at the time the problem arose.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='239122' date='Feb 12 2006, 10:54 PM
Hi Lomag:

If interested, check out posts #14 to #17 in this thread. The issue there is similar to the one I mentioned when I said, in post #3 of this thread, that duplicates starting appearing every time I previewed a post [after editing]. The current problem does not appear to have anything to do with attachments; mine probably didn't either even though I was dealing with attachments at the time the problem arose.
yep multiple posts appear !!! sign me in for a resolution to this