Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

General Exclaim

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, since you mention it, both my front and rear tires hit the same "button" in my little accident. I already had the Generals on the front because I was hoping on getting some additional wear out of the rears. The General in the front bounced of the "button" and left my rim undamaged. The Dunlop RFT in the rear exploded and bent my rim about 1.5" inward which I had to have repaired. So the Generals won that battle.

They side walls were really soft until I got the pressure right. Unfortunately that took some research on these here forums and trial and error on my part as there are no recommended specs anywhere for non-runflat pressures. But now I love them! The car is smoother and much quieter. Now I have to silence a rattle on my sirius receiver that I never heard before...
Old 10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I have been generally happy with my General. My only complain is the soft sidewalls which keeps me from taking the ramps at an agressive mode. All in all, it is a comfortable ride, and quiet. After about 18k miles, need to replace the rear.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Members

18k on the rears. Not bad for high performance tires. I would love to get that out of a set of rears (heavy foot). Is the cornering capabilities much worse than the stock Dunlops. I can't believe the run flats make such a loud humming noise.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Originally Posted by nfs060' post='1033433' date='Oct 15 2009, 07:04 PM
18k on the rears. Not bad for high performance tires. I would love to get that out of a set of rears (heavy foot). Is the cornering capabilities much worse than the stock Dunlops. I can't believe the run flats make such a loud humming noise.
It is still better than my orignal 17" Continental sports non-RFT in handling especially in cornering.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

I agree wholeheartedly that General Exclaim UHP's are a great bang for your buck. Definitely not Toyo Proxes or anything of that level but for every day use, you can't beat their value (maybe Falken 452's or ones along those lines are also close rivals). The E46 M3 guys love 'em but the s2000 forums don't really have any love for them. Guess it depends on personal preference but I like 'em!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Members

Based on the recommendations in this (truly awesome) forum, I just replaced my worn-out runflats with Exclaim UHPs. So far, I really like them - they soften the ride and reduce road noise considerably.

Quick question: has everyone been ok running these at 38/40 or 38/42 psi? Doesn't the higher psi setting make you more vulnerable to damage?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Senior Members

I might be doing it wrong but, because of ride comfort, I ran mine at 33/36 PSI. I have tried the recommended 38/42 but I just find it too hard ride. Please take note I have Bilstein sports shocks/ eibach springs and of'course running on 19" rims
Old 11-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Members

My Ride: Lana Taylor

i am convinced that the 29 or 29sf will be my next glock

it will complement my 19 quite nicely...my 19 will be for work and my 29 will be for ccw

has the 29sf had any of the 30sf type of slide issues with ftf and such?? i have not read of any issues with it at all