New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Holas

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 05:57 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05' 545i Slow Edition
Default Holas

What's crackalackin' ! So, first post and introin' meself. First BMW ever and figured a 3 series wouln't show what BMW is all about. I'm not into payin' retail for cars so in general my cars are always anywhere between 5 - 7 yo, but in this case I couldn't find a 550 6 speed or w/ navi in Hawaii, so I settled for a 545i Sport and have been gettin' it pretty for the last 6 months. I can say that after ownin' a TT, a 350z, an IS350 and an XK8 amongst others, this is the car I have enjoyed the most so far.

To the point! I just finished swappin' the rear moulding for the backshield and took some photos. Not sure if there is a DIY on it but if not I would be glad to post it up at some point.

Nice meetin' yo all

L.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by slow.motoren.werke

To the point! I just finished swappin' the rear moulding for the backshield and took some photos. Not sure if there is a DIY on it but if not I would be glad to post it up at some point.

L.
There sure is: https://5series.net/forums/frequentl...s-post-135135/

Aloha and
Old 08-24-2015, 07:10 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by JayArras
LOL, no I meant a DIY on the install.. If there is not one around I can share it then.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Opps! Sorry. Misunderstood.

Please do! Here's where to post it. DIY: Do It Yourself - 5Series.net - Forums
Old 08-24-2015, 09:38 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by JayArras
Opps! Sorry. Misunderstood.

Please do! Here's where to post it. DIY: Do It Yourself - 5Series.net - Forums
K then, will post it when I got nothin' else to do LOL!
Old 08-25-2015, 12:32 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 700 and More!

What's crackalackin' ! So, first post and introin' meself. First BMW ever and figured a 3 series wouln't show what BMW is all about. I'm not into payin' retail for cars so in general my cars are always anywhere between 5 - 7 yo, but in this case I couldn't find a 550 6 speed or w/ navi in Hawaii, so I settled for a 545i Sport and have been gettin' it pretty for the last 6 months. I can say that after ownin' a TT, a 350z, an IS350 and an XK8 amongst others, this is the car I have enjoyed the most so far.

Nice meetin' yo all

L.
Welcome! Doesn't Hawaii have some crazy restrictions as far as emissions? I heard they even will fail you if you have too stiff of suspension!
Old 08-25-2015, 02:05 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome! Doesn't Hawaii have some crazy restrictions as far as emissions? I heard they even will fail you if you have too stiff of suspension!
You got that right! It's as retarded as it can possibly get..
Old 08-25-2015, 02:08 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 700 and More!

You got that right! It's as retarded as it can possibly get..
What a nightmare! I heard you have to go in every year too. I remember someone telling me when the new Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ was released that a lot of people in Hawaii were having issues with passing due to the stiff suspension. They were required to bring in proof that they came with that stiff of suspension from factory. Anyways, it is a beautiful place. My aunt lives there. I need to visit again soon.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:06 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
What a nightmare! I heard you have to go in every year too. I remember someone telling me when the new Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ was released that a lot of people in Hawaii were having issues with passing due to the stiff suspension. They were required to bring in proof that they came with that stiff of suspension from factory. Anyways, it is a beautiful place. My aunt lives there. I need to visit again soon.
The islands are the bomb for vacationing yeah. This cat I know wouldn't pass it with a late SRT model, they said it is too loud. Ahhh, he never modified the exhaust at all. Hillarious! Yep
Old 08-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Administrator

My son got stopped for tints on his Honda Accord that were actually lighter than the standard tints on my wife's minivan. Profiling...

Quick Reply: Holas