Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Feedback Required: The E60 Information Network

Old 07-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

LOL -- yeah right.

You mentioned the engine section. So we've got kW listed and hp (sae) in parenthesis. Check it out and see if all is well. I need to update the individual pages but the engines index page is fully updated now. I'm glad that's taken care of. Thank you for mentioning it. bhp did _not_ need to be there at all.

I think that takes are of the engines section.

Any other comments?
Old 07-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Jul 26 2004, 11:34 PM
Any other comments?

FAQ:

When was the E60 first produced?

Official release / public introduction / appearance at the German delerships:
July 5th 2003.

Gallery index:

Next to the M5 pic it still says 507 bhp... That may cause confusion.

Old 07-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Lomag,
I've just sent two emails with *.pdf's to admin -at- e60 -dot- net.
Maybe you want to add them to the site.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Thanks!! Both great additions. I've fixed the FAQ entry and the M5 entry on the gallery index page.

I need something else in regards to the engines. With the new i6 engines comming up soon I need to differentiate between the old and the new to keep an accurate record.

Does anyone know BMW's internal engine codes for the various engines in the E60 lineup? I believe the 3.0L i6 is the M54 for example. That'll help out.

TIA
Old 07-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Great looking site! Well Done!

I agree with the previous poster... I think we need to have a "punch list" with documentation, comments, models affected... etc for the E60.

e.g. :

- Software upgrade to 12.2
- what it fixes, doesnt... etc
- Cracked headlamp bracket
- description
- appropriate bulletin
- and on and on.....

Basically, something we can have to make sure we have our autos are in tip top shape, and drive our dealers insane! A moderated list, with a submission policy... etc. Besides, I think we see some bulletins here before dealers do!

Fact is, I feel WAY more informed than my dealer contacts seem to be, and I have this forum to thank for it.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

The 520i and the 525i also uses the M54 engine block

I believe that e.g. the M54 in the 525i is named M54B25, where 25 represents the cylinder volume. I haven't really found any good overviews of such codes anywhere on the net.

-paasan
Old 07-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't really found any good overviews of such codes anywhere on the net.
Same here.
Haven't find the codes yet... still searching...
I think we see some bulletins here before dealers do!
Fact is, I feel WAY more informed than my dealer contacts seem to be, and I have this forum to thank for it.
I totally agree. We are allready better informed than the dealers and even the most BMW employees.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Jul 26 2004, 05:27 PM
Thanks!! Both great additions. I've fixed the FAQ entry and the M5 entry on the gallery index page.

I need something else in regards to the engines. With the new i6 engines comming up soon I need to differentiate between the old and the new to keep an accurate record.

Does anyone know BMW's internal engine codes for the various engines in the E60 lineup? I believe the 3.0L i6 is the M54 for example. That'll help out.

TIA
Mark,

The little ditty on the new I6's on germancarfans.com says that the new motor is the "R6."

-Matthew

p.s. the new site looks stellar. I like that it's not too complicated and unnecessarily fancy w.r.t. special effects, scripting, etc.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Jul 26 2004, 09:22 AM
Hello Everyone,

After a couple months we're finally ready to lauch our new E60 Information Network web site. Before we do so i'd like to ask for your feedback in regards to the site that has been created. das has given his seal of approval but I'm looking for feedback here from forum members before we shift the forum over to the new domain.

So without further ado, the new URL will be: http://www.e60.net

We're looking for your feedback in regards to:

Any modifications?
Any additions/deletions?
Any typos? Misinformation to correct?
Does the site look okay on the monitor resolution you're using?
Any other comments?

We're also missing a few pictures in the photo gallery, namely:
525d & 535d engine pictures
Beige leather + titanium interior
Beige leather + anthracite interior
Beige leatherette + titanium interior
Truffle brown leather + titanium interior

If your car matches any of those critera and you can provide some quality 800x600 photos please send me a private message or email.

Please note now that the site is not yet fully complete. For example in the FAQ section I've put links back to forum postings to get more information but the forum posting don't yet exist -- they will soon. The DIY section will eventually be improved too as time goes on and more DIY things become available.

We're waiting for version 2.0 of the boards software. This will be a huge improvement but also allow us to integrate the forums with IP's gallery script so members can create their own photo galleries. Also, I've been thinking to offer free web-based email @e60.net for forum members. As with the gallery, it will be integrated with the forums so the same login/password will work for all the various functions. Do you think offering e-mail with forum registration is a good idea? Would you use it?

The actual forum will inccur some changes aswell. Categories and sub-forum categories will be shifted around and possibly new one's created based on some suggestions I saw in another thread. Everyone here has gotten used to posting in this one sub-forum regardless of the topic. The issue now is, as I said, that everyone posts here in this main sub-forum and the majority of members only check/read this sub-forum and not others. Case in point the E60 M5 and E61 Touring sub-forums have nearly no action but there has been a few posts in regards to them here in the main sub-forum. We're going to try and organize that a little bit more by creating sub-forums and moving some postings around. Eventually members will create new posts in the proper sub-forum whe they see other sub-forums getting some action from members. What do you guys think of these ideas?

Finally, don't expect any sponsor banners or any of that kind of stuff to start appearing on the site or the forums. Although we'll probably create a seperate links page for all that kind of stuff since many people/companies email us for links but you won't be forced to look at that page.

That's all for now folks -- what do you think?
Lomag, great job! Really appreciate it. COuld not have been better!
Old 07-26-2004, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

First of all -- looks great Lomag!! I'm honored to have my car featured as the exterior example of Alpine White. I have more exterior shots if you want them -- just say the word and I'll send them to you for resizing, etc.

I might have the engine codes you're looking for. Here's what I can come up with so far:

545i=N62/B44
530i=M54/B30
530d=M57TU/?
525i=M54/B25
525d=M57TU/?
520i=M54/B22

The "Bxx" numbers refer to the displacement approximation. Let me know if you need further specifications on each of these engines.

Keep up the good work! Thursday will be great when the forums move!!

(I assume you'll redirect the "doit" address for some time, right?)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feedback Required: The E60 Information Network