Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Featured Car spreads

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='929003' date='Jun 30 2009, 04:55 PM
Don't worry... we're following this discussion...

any shot of this actually happening?

Seems to be fairly popular and very common amongst other sites

brings in a lot of new participation
Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think we're going to have to wait for Lomag to chime in since he'd likely be the one doing all the work setting up the new pages, etc.

I realize many of you would want to see this feature added but before anyone gets his/her hopes up, keep in mind that this site is not commercial, doesn't make money, and is run by normal people who have busy lives outside of this forum. What makes this forum great is the quality of the people and the quality of the message content. I'm guessing that many of the other sites that have this sort of "featured car" thing are either more commercial and have more resources to throw at this type of thing or they don't have much in the way of quality content so they add things like this to keep people coming back, etc.

From my perspective, adding this type of thing just creates more work for guys like Lomag who may or may not have the kind of free time available to devote to such a task...
Old 06-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='929161' date='Jun 30 2009, 09:03 PM
I think we're going to have to wait for Lomag to chime in since he'd likely be the one doing all the work setting up the new pages, etc.

I realize many of you would want to see this feature added but before anyone gets his/her hopes up, keep in mind that this site is not commercial, doesn't make money, and is run by normal people who have busy lives outside of this forum. What makes this forum great is the quality of the people and the quality of the message content. I'm guessing that many of the other sites that have this sort of "featured car" thing are either more commercial and have more resources to throw at this type of thing or they don't have much in the way of quality content so they add things like this to keep people coming back, etc.

From my perspective, adding this type of thing just creates more work for guys like Lomag who may or may not have the kind of free time available to devote to such a task...
this is a good point, and there are more sponsors on the other sites that have this add

i just thought it would be a great way to pool our efforts and cars to show people not only was is possible but what it looks like when completed

the thing for me was i took a big risk in a lot of mods, never seeing them on an e60 before, now people can see that all the mods i have not only work, but also look good and it would great to advertise something like that on the forum on something more then just a thread

i do understand however that it may be a lot of work and hence why it was merely an idea that popped into my head

i would love to see it but understand if its just not realistic for the people that run this forum
Old 06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='929167' date='Jun 30 2009, 09:17 PM
this is a good point, and there are more sponsors on the other sites that have this add

i just thought it would be a great way to pool our efforts and cars to show people not only was is possible but what it looks like when completed

the thing for me was i took a big risk in a lot of mods, never seeing them on an e60 before, now people can see that all the mods i have not only work, but also look good and it would great to advertise something like that on the forum on something more then just a thread

i do understand however that it may be a lot of work and hence why it was merely an idea that popped into my head

i would love to see it but understand if its just not realistic for the people that run this forum

PTL, it may be realistic, I think what Rudy was saying is that we may just have to wait longer for it to happen. Lomag is busy, that's fine, maybe when he gets around to it we can have this feature (especially if the noobs contribute as well)?
Either way it is a good idea, and if the Admins can find time to dedicate to it, it would be fun. No rush, just let us know if it's possible.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You guys might want to try and find a way to utilize the gallery for something similar...

I don't think you can vote directly in the gallery but maybe there's a way to post all the pictures in the gallery (where comments from any member can be added to individual photos) and maybe there's a way to do some sort of poll in the forums where people could vote?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='929179' date='Jun 30 2009, 09:31 PM
You guys might want to try and find a way to utilize the gallery for something similar...

I don't think you can vote directly in the gallery but maybe there's a way to post all the pictures in the gallery (where comments from any member can be added to individual photos) and maybe there's a way to do some sort of poll in the forums where people could vote?
Hey, it's a start. I think a lot of members have albums anyway, so it can be a good idea (not that I have that much to show yet, but hey)
Old 06-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Contributors

Hey Rudy/Iceman,

Thanks for chiming in for us. What you say does make sense, it does take lots of time and $$$. The sites that I see it on are very commercialized.

Can the mods help us with a sticky? I was thinking maybe every month we'll set up a thread with polls. After the voting is done, we can post it on the sticky monthly...
Old 07-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I don't think we'll have the time for this, plus, we are a forum for everyone, not just people who mod.

We'll have to wait until Lomag has thought about it. Be patient, he'll chime in.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='929368' date='Jul 1 2009, 04:11 AM
I don't think we'll have the time for this, plus, we are a forum for everyone, not just people who mod.

We'll have to wait until Lomag has thought about it. Be patient, he'll chime in.
Well the idea was for anyone to be able to submit entries with a story about their car and the members vote. It doesn't have to be a modded car.

Then again, it seems like the more active members on this board are mostly the ones who are into modding so I would guess that the majority of votes would go to modified rides. But who knows.....
Old 07-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='929429' date='Jul 1 2009, 07:01 AM
Well the idea was for anyone to be able to submit entries with a story about their car and the members vote. It doesn't have to be a modded car.

Then again, it seems like the more active members on this board are mostly the ones who are into modding so I would guess that the majority of votes would go to modified rides. But who knows.....

there are some active members that have bone stock cars but detail the hell out of them

i think that is probably second best to a heavily modded car