Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

(Replica) M5 Mirrors w/ Puddle Lights Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

im down, however the problem of installation will still remain for you. i think your car is a 2004 like mine correct? well, when you take off your old mirror, you have to remove the glass from the mirror motor, remove the three screws securing the mirror motor in place....pull the motor off the entire assembly then you are able to unplug the ECU wire running through the entire assembly. then and only then will your OEM mirror fully dislodge from the door.

so ultimately you have to take the mirror apart pretty much to get it all back together. its not too hard....just time consuming and a bit cumbersome. but for me, i enjoy little challenges like that lol.

so...if he sends me the mirror motors then that does solve part of the issue but not your installation issue. i think youre looking for a simple "remove a few screws, unplug one mirror and plug in the new mirror option" but our cars arent designed like that. i believe once LCI models rolled around it became a lot more simple thought. my wiring harness for my mirrors has 13 different wires! the LCI mirrors now come with a simple 3 wire plug...now thats what i call evolution/optimization!

im open to suggestions tho!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im confused...why would you dis lodge the mirror that way? Cant I just remove the mirror by taking off the door panel?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

im sorry for the confusion....i wish i had pictures to help out....but there are three main screws that hold the entire mirror assembly onto the door itself. unscrew those and the only thing connecting the mirror assembly to the car is a single thick black wire. but there is no direct way to simply unplug that wire....it runs from the mirror motor...thru the entire assembly....through the door and then through the wiring harness that runs through the door conduit into the interior of the vehicle. in order to access the end of the wire (the aqua plug-in connector) you need to remove the mirror glass....then unplug that connector from the mirror motor. now for me, i could not snake the wire out/through the assembly successfully so i removed the pins one-by-one from the connector then snaked it out....again, sounds complex but its really easy i swear! some of this is covered in the official DIY on our forum.

does that help? if not i can try to take some pics i guess...

Originally Posted by wi8123
Im confused...why would you dis lodge the mirror that way? Cant I just remove the mirror by taking off the door panel?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
im sorry for the confusion....i wish i had pictures to help out....but there are three main screws that hold the entire mirror assembly onto the door itself. unscrew those and the only thing connecting the mirror assembly to the car is a single thick black wire. but there is no direct way to simply unplug that wire....it runs from the mirror motor...thru the entire assembly....through the door and then through the wiring harness that runs through the door conduit into the interior of the vehicle. in order to access the end of the wire (the aqua plug-in connector) you need to remove the mirror glass....then unplug that connector from the mirror motor. now for me, i could not snake the wire out/through the assembly successfully so i removed the pins one-by-one from the connector then snaked it out....again, sounds complex but its really easy i swear! some of this is covered in the official DIY on our forum.

does that help? if not i can try to take some pics i guess...
Ok I think its becoming more clear to me now.....So if you do sell me your nvd mirrors and leave the motkrs in for me then the only mirror that will have to be taken semi apart is the oem stock mirrors that I have currently....and thats just to get them off the car but once my oem ones are off then it should essentially be a plug and play with ur nvd mirrors because they already have the motors and puddle light correct?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

well.... god_003 would have to send me his motors first because i need my original motors for my OEM M5 mirror install...but after i get those i could put them in. but honestly since you have to take the wire out...possibly remove the pins from the connector...snake it and the wires back through the assembly...etc....then you might as well save your money and re-purpose your old mirror motors. with all that you would have to do...its only removing three more screws at that point. im just sayin lol

Originally Posted by wi8123
Ok I think its becoming more clear to me now.....So if you do sell me your nvd mirrors and leave the motkrs in for me then the only mirror that will have to be taken semi apart is the oem stock mirrors that I have currently....and thats just to get them off the car but once my oem ones are off then it should essentially be a plug and play with ur nvd mirrors because they already have the motors and puddle light correct?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: e60

I got no problem sending mine first

Will be the motors and the thing that holds it in place.

I wanna use the puddle like on my e39 project so those will not be included.

Lets say $160 shipped

I can have em out today if paid before 3pm central time
Old 10-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

OEM mirrors are being offered up for $1100 on here....and seriously no movement on these replicas? i want em gone...my other OEM mirror showed up today and its time to wrap my install and move on to the next project...

PRICE DROP: $380 shipped in the US (buyer pays PayPal fees)....straight up sale...

sidenote: i think whoever buys these will want to have them painted....my local shop did an "ok" job on them with the Silver Gray A08 paint code....its a spot-on match but the clear coat could have been better. still a steal when you consider the OEM alternative cost wise....
Old 10-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

PRICE DROP: $370 shipped in the US (buyer pays PayPal fees)....
Old 10-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i N52
Engine: n52

so the glass is heat and dip?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

the glass is heated....the auto dip (in reverse) is up to your current mirrors/mirror motor....if your car has it now....it will retain it when you install everything.

Quick Reply: (Replica) M5 Mirrors w/ Puddle Lights Installed