Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Are people trust worthy on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by heelsmj' post='993853' date='Aug 31 2009, 12:25 PM
Over the weekend I tried to make a purchase on this forum, I agreed on the price with the person and told them I would pay tomorrow when I get paid. He said that was fine, today I get a PM saying sorry I sold it I needed the money. This is really not the way I do business and I hope it isn't the norm here. At the very least I should have received a PM letting me know he had another buyer and giving me the opportunity to come up with the money right away. To make a deal with someone and then have this happen is a little disconcerting. I am sure if the tables were turned he would not have been pleased with me.

So please tell me as a newbie can I trust the senior members of this forum?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Mitch
The other side to this story.....

The buyer made an offer to purchase initially that was very low. He then came back to a more reasonable amount and we agreed upon it. It was only after the fact that we agreed to a price that I was informed I would have to wait till "pay day." Of which as I did not a have any other buyers interested at the time, I agreed too. However another buyer came through with cash and hand. Of which I should have but did not notify the other buyer that this individual had cash in hand. This was my bad and I apologized as such. It is to my personal opinion that if you want to make an offer to buy something, you should let the seller know such stipulations as "I can't pay you till xx day" upfront rather than subsequent to the agreement.

Either way it is what it is.
ooops...
Attached Thumbnails Are people trust worthy on this forum?-popcorn_spill_147484.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Originally Posted by Frank5er' post='994878' date='Sep 1 2009, 11:38 AM
ooops...
that's a small @$$ popcorn!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mk4' post='994417' date='Aug 31 2009, 09:55 PM

The buyer made an offer to purchase initially that was very low. He then came back to a more reasonable amount and we agreed upon it. It was only after the fact that we agreed to a price that I was informed I would have to wait till "pay day." Of which as I did not a have any other buyers interested at the time, I agreed too. However another buyer came through with cash and hand. Of which I should have but did not notify the other buyer that this individual had cash in hand. This was my bad and I apologized as such. It is to my personal opinion that if you want to make an offer to buy something, you should let the seller know such stipulations as "I can't pay you till xx day" upfront rather than subsequent to the agreement.

Five pages of comments. This is like a grand jury investigation.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

"The Inquisition, what a show - The Inquisition, whaddaya know"

"Send in the nuns!!!!"
Old 09-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by radzM550i' post='994892' date='Sep 1 2009, 11:46 AM
that's a small @$$ popcorn!
I prefer "MANI"
Old 09-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='994902' date='Sep 1 2009, 08:55 AM
Five pages of comments. This is like a grand jury investigation.
there's no reason he had to tell you "you'll have to wait till payday" up front before negotiating the price, after you negotiate the price and he sprung that on you all you shoulda said was "unless someone offers more between now and then" bam! simple problem solved.. it's kinda like having to say "i searched and searched and i couldnt find the answer" disclaimer you need to include in a post to get other senior members to do your searching for you... haha
Old 09-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by mk4' post='994417' date='Aug 31 2009, 10:55 PM

I believe seller has the right to protect his/her interest and to make a sale. But in this case, a little sellers' etiquette would go a long way to avoid problem like this. Nonetheless, a valuable lesson learned for both parties.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman' post='994980' date='Sep 1 2009, 01:07 PM
I believe seller has the right to protect his/her interest and to make a sale. But in this case, a little sellers' etiquette would go a long way to avoid problem like this. Nonetheless, a valuable lesson learned for both parties.
spoken like a true scholar
Old 09-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Contributors

how about next time you give the seller a deposit so he will be more inclined to hold it for you.

that way you know it will be yours and the seller knows you are actually going to buy it

a yes some class on the sellers part would have made this a much easier transaction
Old 09-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Contributors

ok lets settle this the tina turner/ gibson way

two men enter.....one man leave

you know the laws auntie

Quick Reply: Are people trust worthy on this forum?