Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Are people trust worthy on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525I Titangrau II

Over the weekend I tried to make a purchase on this forum, I agreed on the price with the person and told them I would pay tomorrow when I get paid. He said that was fine, today I get a PM saying sorry I sold it I needed the money. This is really not the way I do business and I hope it isn't the norm here. At the very least I should have received a PM letting me know he had another buyer and giving me the opportunity to come up with the money right away. To make a deal with someone and then have this happen is a little disconcerting. I am sure if the tables were turned he would not have been pleased with me.

So please tell me as a newbie can I trust the senior members of this forum?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Mitch
Old 08-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

That sucks...
Old 08-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

That really sucks and I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

It's probably a good idea to check out this forum, Buyer & Seller Feedback
https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showforum=34, prior to completing any transaction.

Might want to start a thread and post your recent experience
Old 08-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Members

that sucks.. But you might be ended up getting better ones!!
Hope you find what you looking for!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545i 6MT

That sucks but cash talks regardless.

It's like calling dibs. Anyone can call dibs.
W/o showing any money, dibs means nothing.
I'm not saying you are not going to keep your promise to pay him when you get paid.
BUT the seller is taking a chance of loosing possible buyer (w/ CASH) to favor your "word of promise".
Can't really blame the seller because money is money

Use paypal next time charge to your Credit Card to seal the deal then you deal w/ your CC later whenever you get paid so you don't loose the deal. Remember there are many other people w/ CASH that is ready to pay that wants the same item

Better luck next time
Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Well, I don't know what to tell ya. You certainly can't rate or generalize everyone else base on one incident though.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='993892' date='Aug 31 2009, 11:57 AM
Well, I don't know what to tell ya. You certainly can't rate or generalize everyone else base on one incident though.
Oh I am not. I am sure a vast majority of people here are trust worthy but there's always one! As a new member I just wanted to see how people normally deal here. To make matters worse I just got a reply from him after PM'ing him and saying how this wasn't cool and he said that he didn't like my attitude!!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='993867' date='Aug 31 2009, 11:39 AM
That really sucks and I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

It's probably a good idea to check out this forum, Buyer & Seller Feedback
https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showforum=34, prior to completing any transaction.

Might want to start a thread and post your recent experience

Thanks! i was not aware of this section? Can I post about this experience even hough a transaction never took place?

What was really disconcerting was his reply to my concerns he said "That is not the attitude you should have on this forum as that is not how the members here operate, which includes myself. "

So apparently it's OK to go back on a deal but not Ok to tell him that what he did is not cool because I had an attitude and that's not how people on this forum operate.....huh???? does this seem very hypocritical to anyone else??
:thumbsdown:
Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by salaki' post='993888' date='Aug 31 2009, 11:52 AM
That sucks but cash talks regardless.

It's like calling dibs. Anyone can call dibs.
W/o showing any money, dibs means nothing.
I'm not saying you are not going to keep your promise to pay him when you get paid.
BUT the seller is taking a chance of loosing possible buyer (w/ CASH) to favor your "word of promise".
Can't really blame the seller because money is money

Use paypal next time charge to your Credit Card to seal the deal then you deal w/ your CC later whenever you get paid so you don't loose the deal. Remember there are many other people w/ CASH that is ready to pay that wants the same item

Better luck next time
I agree that cash is King, all I am saying is I should have been given a chance to match the cash offer and not have it sold behind my back in that way
Old 08-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)
Thumbs down

A person's word should be enough if an agreement is made. I would think that most every member here would be upstanding and true to their word, those who are not, deserve what they get! I would also suggest you post in the "Buyer/Seller feedback" forum here, even though the transaction never occurred!

Quick Reply: Are people trust worthy on this forum?