Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Are people trust worthy on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='993997' date='Aug 31 2009, 12:03 PM
I disagree. If the seller agreed to wait, then he should have waited. If he's not comfortable with it then he should have noted that if another buyer came up then there's a chance he would sell it.

Agreed, money is always king, but if you committed to holding the item for someone, you have to hold it or at minimum give him the chance to make a counteroffer. Selling before speaking to someone you had an agreement with is not quite ethical. I understand if you need the $$$, but maybe the buyer would be able to find a way to get the $$$ quicker if he really wanted the item. You just have to give him a chance.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='993915
+2

On internet forums, all you really have is someone's word and if an agreement is made then I feel it would be binding. In this case, if he agreed to let you wait till payday then he should have stuck with his commitments.

Who is it?
+3

i know money is 'king' but i dont forget when someone gives me their word and do not come through.
i've made friends on this forum and actually met members in person during meets and outside of them.
i dont think any of them are the type to go back on their word.

a few months back, i did experience something like this with another senior member here(not in SoCal).
long story short, i had the money, he backed out cuz sold to someone else for more, and i kept it cool since i'm was new.

Basically it comes down to the seller clearly communicating his intentions in the beginning, 'i can wait for your payment, but if someone drops cash in my face i will be sell it to him regardless of our agreement'. Yes it sounds douche-bag-ish but hes honest and clear of his intentions.

And to answer the OP's question, i believe most people in this forum are trustworthy.
Just to ask the right questions next time, most sales in this forum go without a hitch.
If they clearly still lie to you and break their word, theres always the 'sellers feedback' threads.
btw, start going to the meets in your area so you can experience the 'trustworthiness' first hand.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Sounds like you had a verbal agreement with the seller that was broken. Sorry to hear. I'd like to think that this behavior is very rare here. The buyer/seller feedback section was created just for instances like this....

Please stop using the "money talks" phrase. It's completely not what this forum is about. Sounds like we have a bunch of money hungry scavengers here. If you cannot hold yourself to/respect a verbable/typed/pm'd agreement....peddle/seek your goods somewhere else.

IMO, "dibs" or "you have pm" is an additional way to let the seller know one is interested and wants to purchase the product. For another member to see that, reply with "money talks", or "dibs don't mean sh!t"and go ahead and still try bypass the original offer is just plain shady. I'd rather not do business with anyone that practices in this manner.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='993983' date='Aug 31 2009, 01:45 PM
Have the money ready if you're going to make a purchase. We don't offer layaway plans on this forum. If you didn't get your allowance from your parents yet, don't tell the seller to hold onto it for you until you do.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='993997
Please stop using the "money talks" phrase. It's completely not what this forum is about. Sounds like we have a bunch of money hungry scavengers here. If you cannot hold yourself to/respect a verbable/typed/pm'd agreement....peddle/seek your goods somewhere else.

IMO, "dibs" or "you have pm" is an additional way to let the seller know one is interested and wants to purchase the product. For another member to see that, reply with "money talks", or "dibs don't mean sh!t"and go ahead and still try bypass the original offer is just plain shady. I'd rather not do business with anyone that practices in this manner.
+1 Agreed -- this forum is more than just about $.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='993983' date='Aug 31 2009, 11:45 AM
Have the money ready if you're going to make a purchase. We don't offer layaway plans on this forum. If you didn't get your allowance from your parents yet, don't tell the seller to hold onto it for you until you do.
See that's harsh, and actually comes off as having an attitude to me. "Allowance from parents"? What is this?!

In case you didn't read the original post, the guy said he would pay him the "NEXT" day. This wasn't a unclear, maybe sort of thing. They agreed upon next day, and the seller goes and sell it to someone else without any notification. That's just wack.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='994030' date='Aug 31 2009, 12:54 PM
See that's harsh, and actually comes off as having an attitude to me. "Allowance from parents"? What is this?!

In case you didn't read the original post, the guy said he would pay him the "NEXT" day. This wasn't a unclear, maybe sort of thing. They agreed upon next day, and the seller goes and sell it to someone else without any notification. That's just wack.
Don't worry about him. He probably didn't get his allowance from his parents this week either.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='994035' date='Aug 31 2009, 02:59 PM
Don't worry about him. He probably didn't get his allowance from his parents this week either.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='994026' date='Aug 31 2009, 03:52 PM
+1

+1 Agreed -- this forum is more than just about $.
+1

Old 08-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='994035' date='Aug 31 2009, 02:59 PM
EuroCarHam can be rude at times.....

I think if he said he would hold it over night and then made a deal that night without saying anything that is trash. Getting the money 12 hours later wasnt going to hurt him. Oh well though, thats life. Some people think differently than others and im sure the seller will say money talks....because clearly to him it did.

Quick Reply: Are people trust worthy on this forum?