Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Need recommendations for 19" all-season performance tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

anyone know a better place to buy Generals then the Tirerack.com? Anyone worked out a discount there for forum users?

thanks.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='647846' date='Aug 15 2008, 11:59 PM
anyone know a better place to buy Generals then the Tirerack.com? Anyone worked out a discount there for forum users?

thanks.

honestly why generals? they are very noisy and not as good as in quality. I wouldnt put that tire on bimmer honestly. go for either nt555 or falken.. yokohama is good also but general... i wouldnt risk putting them on for just being so cheap.

and for all season performance tires go for bridgestone 960as pol position one.. they are all season one with good rating but make sure to get it either from tirerack or bridgestone since they are cheaper than getting them from sears or ntb or whatever other store.... but when i was getting tires with same size i couldnt get them because rear tires were back ordered nationwide.. but that was like 6 month old story so they might be available...
Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Members

I'm sure some of you will disagree with me (because we all seem to have our own opinion on the matter..

I would NEVER buy any tires except MICHELIN Pilot Sport A/S (or the summer performance version)!!!
After going nearly 50K miles (no joke) on my Mich's, I had the STUPID idea to try Toyo T1R's instead (just to change it up a bit). Biggest mistake of my life!! Spent the next six months tryin to convince Les Schnob to give my money back. The tires shook so badly (to put it simply) that my car felt like it was on a railroad track on an old school train.

Anyway, any tire other than Mich's on 19/20 inch rims will NOT feel as smooth as the Bimmer you should have! I've tried em all and read EVERYONE'S opinion.. nothing was even CLOSE to as smooth and performed as well.

YES THEY'RE EXPENSIVE but when you're finished dinking around with junk, you'll pay DOUBLE just to get something that works the way it should.

Just my two pennies.

Cheers.

-J
Old 08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Originally Posted by monsterj34' post='648084' date='Aug 16 2008, 09:42 AM
honestly why generals? they are very noisy and not as good as in quality. I wouldnt put that tire on bimmer honestly. go for either nt555 or falken.. yokohama is good also but general... i wouldnt risk putting them on for just being so cheap.

and for all season performance tires go for bridgestone 960as pol position one.. they are all season one with good rating but make sure to get it either from tirerack or bridgestone since they are cheaper than getting them from sears or ntb or whatever other store.... but when i was getting tires with same size i couldnt get them because rear tires were back ordered nationwide.. but that was like 6 month old story so they might be available...
There's nothing wrong with General's they are made by Continetal which come factory on lots of bimmers. Just because they are priced well doesn't mean they are cheap. Tons of e46 drivers use them with no problems, and unless you are tracking you vehicle all the time or driving very hard I don't think it is necessary to have soem of the more pricey tires. Also tirerack highly reccommends the generals and they are rated very well on tireracks website, and have lots of good reviews from people who have used them.