Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Motive Mods Paddle Shift Retrofit Kit + E60 M5 SMG Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: E61 with all the mods
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54
Default Motive Mods Paddle Shift Retrofit Kit + E60 M5 SMG Steering Wheel

As I am doing a manual transmission swap on my E61 I no longer need this SMG M5 steering wheel and wiring harness.

Honestly this was one of the best mods I have done to my wagon, my wagon is heavily modified so that says something. Having the paddles on the wheel really encourages you to be more engaged while driving and after the paddles were installed I drove in "Manual" all the time. I found reaching down to the gear selector to upshift and downshift very awkward where it is natural and convenient with the paddles. More control over the car is always a good thing and paddles really gave the car a sportier demeanor.

M5 steering wheel is the high quality Nappa leather variant, not the textured leather found on M-sport or lesser wheels. The wheel isn't perfect and has a couple nicks and dents. I am pretty type-A about this stuff like this and the flaws don't bother me much.

Wheel includes illuminated SMG paddles. No heated function, no airbag, not trim, I will be transferring the trim over to my new steering wheel. The M5 has different buttons than non-M cars anyways.

Wiring harness is made by Motiv Mods and the ONLY option for people wanting to run paddle shifters on their 6AT cars. This harness will work with both SSG (push/pull) and SMG (pull/pull) paddles but only on an LCI 2008+ vehicle. Yes, the SMG paddles illuminate with the harness.
BMW E6x (5-Series) LCI Paddle Shift Kit

This is an ideal package for the E6X owners with Sport Package, simply transfer over your air bag + trim and you are ready to go! If you have a non sport steering wheel you will need to purchase a round airbag and the appropriate trim/buttons for the wheel.

$900

Willing to separate if there is interest in both, shipping can be negotiated.

Located in Huntington Beach, CA for local pick up. I can help with install too if needed.

Evan

Old 05-10-2016, 06:25 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: E61 with all the mods
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

sold

Last edited by ucsbwsr; 05-10-2016 at 06:35 AM.