Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

M5 Mirrors Pre 09/05

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='608940' date='Jun 24 2008, 04:25 AM
I had mirrors from Quad_M before too, before I sold it TO DELJE08

Good luck you two.
Nice catch MacFly

congrats naks.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Contributors

tanks!

go and get that X5 ready for the road trip!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Contributors

If your M5 mirrors dont have the autofold option, then there is no motor in the mirror, and if there is no motor in the mirror, then there is no wire from the motor to the ECU, which means your m5 ecu has 2 wires less. Now you put your LCI ecu into the m5 mirror - even though oyu have the potential to connect 11 cables (because you have auto fold), there are only 9 cables that you can connect to in the mirror. The two that you wont be connecting are the auto fold cables..
Old 06-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='609573' date='Jun 25 2008, 01:23 AM
If your M5 mirrors dont have the autofold option, then there is no motor in the mirror, and if there is no motor in the mirror, then there is no wire from the motor to the ECU, which means your m5 ecu has 2 wires less. Now you put your LCI ecu into the m5 mirror - even though oyu have the potential to connect 11 cables (because you have auto fold), there are only 9 cables that you can connect to in the mirror. The two that you wont be connecting are the auto fold cables..
ok, i'm catchin' on. could i not transfer my original auto fold motor into the M5 mirrors?

what's the easiest way to tell if these mirrors have auto fold without takin' it apart?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Contributors

You need 3 mins to open the mirror and you already know what the ECU of the m5 mirror looks like.

just get some sleep now and you will see things straighter tomorrow morning
Old 06-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='609575' date='Jun 25 2008, 01:31 AM
You need 3 mins to open the mirror and you already know what the ECU of the m5 mirror looks like.

just get some sleep now and you will see things straighter tomorrow morning
lol.....i won't get any sleep, cuz' i don't even know if the mirrors shipped yet!

can't sleep......thinkin' of my next mod!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Contributors

Whatever you do with your mirrors when you get them, dont forget to disconnect the battery otherwise you will be driving with an airbag error. Just as a fyi - you should get away without disconnecting the airbag. But again, make sure the battery is disconnected, otherwise it can be really very very messy...
Old 06-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Contributors

thanks for the heads up! EuroRev will be doing the install, i'll remind them.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Senior Members

Hai john,

The mirror what you have buyd don't have the function autodimming, it is the blue glasses one, and i don't think that the motor from the //M5 mirror have the function auto folding it is the cheap version not full loaded i think.

My mirrors have all function auto dimming, autofolding and, puddele LED lights, auto dip, heated.

I ordered for you in the color space grau just like your car, fabric painted high quality painted. and the mirror have all functions just like your car. for you was it almost plug and play, only retrofit the wiring with the DIY from RSYED and everything muss be working.

Now you muss go to the paintshop, no auto dimming glass,maybe no auto folding function.

In USD including express shipped was it approximate 1200 USD, okay it was les expensiver but the mirror are brandnew, and in your car color, and with full loaded functions.

Only the ec glass is approximate 450 USD for one pieces, and you muss go to the paintshop ;-) and maybe not auto folding

You spent 350USD but you don't have the functions auto dimming EC glass, autofolding and not in the color from your ride, and not new.

But i wisch you good luck with these mirrors, and hope for you that everything works.

And somebody intrestted in the post 9/2005 mirrors FULL LOADED in the collor space grey please pm me.
and also for another colors and types even m6 is available.

Regards from me,
530dA
Old 06-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Contributors

<div align='left'></div>
Originally Posted by 530dA' post='612823' date='Jun 30 2008, 07:05 AM
Hai john,

The mirror what you have buyd don't have the function autodimming, it is the blue glasses one, and i don't think that the motor from the //M5 mirror have the function auto folding it is the cheap version not full loaded i think.

My mirrors have all function auto dimming, autofolding and, puddele LED lights, auto dip, heated.

I ordered for you in the color space grau just like your car, fabric painted high quality painted. and the mirror have all functions just like your car. for you was it almost plug and play, only retrofit the wiring with the DIY from RSYED and everything muss be working.

Now you muss go to the paintshop, no auto dimming glass,maybe no auto folding function.

In USD including express shipped was it approximate 1200 USD, okay it was les expensiver but the mirror are brandnew, and in your car color, and with full loaded functions.

Only the ec glass is approximate 450 USD for one pieces, and you muss go to the paintshop ;-) and maybe not auto folding

You spent 350USD but you don't have the functions auto dimming EC glass, autofolding and not in the color from your ride, and not new.

But i wisch you good luck with these mirrors, and hope for you that everything works.

And somebody intrestted in the post 9/2005 mirrors FULL LOADED in the collor space grey please pm me.
and also for another colors and types even m6 is available.

Regards from me,
530dA
PM sent. sorry for the inconvenience.

Quick Reply: M5 Mirrors Pre 09/05