Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Phatisfy
Would this harness work on my 05 E64?
If your amplifier has a 20-pin connector like the one pictured in the photo it may work.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nelson29
Technic,

You should post a new thread on the group buy section.
Thanks!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i 6mt, Titanium Silver, Sport Package, Winter Package

Just something to share and a question I guess. I installed a Kenwood Mono-amp in my car. My set up was very simple.
Things I needed:

1. Amp with speaker level inputs for ex. a Kenwood KAC-8105D Mono amp with speaker level inputs <--- what I used
2. 10" Subwoofer and Box for the trunk. <-- what I used
3. Wire tap like these. http://www.midterminc.com/en-us/dept_52.html <--- to make the speaker level connection
4. Power Cable with fuse and Ground cable. <--- to power the amp

All I needed to figure out was which wires on the harness powered the subwoofers. I used this diagram

Then I tapped the Speaker level input harness that came with the amp into the wires that feed the Stock Subs.In particular, On the left side (+R/W and -Br/y) and right side (+R/Blue and -Br/W). These wires you will notice are thicker that the rest.

Next, I Connected the power and ground to the Amp and the Sub box with Sub and plugged in the speaker level input harness.
Note no remote wire is needed because the amp's speaker level input sensitivity automatically turns on and off the amp.

Then I turned on the car and the amp turned on and it all worked.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Members

Now my question is. I also replaced one of my stock cabin subwoofers with the SWS-8 and I am a bit disappointed with the sound from it. It doesn't sound like the oem subwoofer. I think that the SWS-8 needs more power than the stock L-7 amp can give and thats why the oem sub sounds better than the SWS-8 sub.
So my question, the harness that your selling, does it power the interior subwoofers or is it made just for an external subwoofer like the one in my trunk already.

Basically I would like a simple solution that can send extra power to the interior subs.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Technic
I can discount $10 per harness if 10 people join the group buy...
Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmerchop69
Now my question is. I also replaced one of my stock cabin subwoofers with the SWS-8 and I am a bit disappointed with the sound from it. It doesn't sound like the oem subwoofer. I think that the SWS-8 needs more power than the stock L-7 amp can give and thats why the oem sub sounds better than the SWS-8 sub.
So my question, the harness that your selling, does it power the interior subwoofers or is it made just for an external subwoofer like the one in my trunk already.

Basically I would like a simple solution that can send extra power to the interior subs.
My harness is designed to add an amp/sub to the OEM system, while leaving the OEM amp driving the OEM speakers. However, the harness can be modified to add a separate amp (or use a 4-channel amp in 3-channel mode for a single sub and two woofers) to power the underseat woofers as well. You can do the mod or I can sell you the harness with the mod already made for an extra charge.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Members

Technic can you be a little more specific how you can get the SWS-8 speakers to be powered by an external amp while maintaining the OEM amp in place to power the other speakers. I see that you can just disconnect the 4 oem bass speaker wires from the oem harness and essentially splice an external amp to the OEM harness.
- As a clarification you have the following (OEM Amp Sub Speaker wires out ---> Spliced in to your product---> Connect RCA to amp to give signal ----> then splice amp output to oem harness's sub wires out to the SWS-8 speakers inside.

Please see the Below Diagram.

My question is. When we do this aren't we going to lose the ability to adjust the amount of bass using the I-drive.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmerchop69
Technic can you be a little more specific how you can get the SWS-8 speakers to be powered by an external amp while maintaining the OEM amp in place to power the other speakers. I see that you can just disconnect the 4 oem bass speaker wires from the oem harness and essentially splice an external amp to the OEM harness.
- As a clarification you have the following (OEM Amp Sub Speaker wires out ---> Spliced in to your product---> Connect RCA to amp to give signal ----> then splice amp output to oem harness's sub wires out to the SWS-8 speakers inside.

Please see the Below Diagram.

My question is. When we do this aren't we going to lose the ability to adjust the amount of bass using the I-drive.
Your diagram is fundamentally correct, although it is missing wires. But those are not relevant to the issue in question.

The iDrive bass/treble or EQ adjustments are not affected by adding a sub or/and amplifying the underseat woofers. However, you will be adjusting the bass to both the underseat woofers and the sub.

My recommendation is to look for a 4-channel amp that has a bridge mode with a bass boost/EQ or a separate bass knob adjustment in this mode. So you can increase or decrease the sub bass independently from the underseat woofers bass setting (the iDrive bass setting); that will give you a much better control (and better sound) than adjusting the bass thru the iDrive to both the sub and the underseat woofers.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Contributors

Finish...My first car audio system I done myself. I always had an aftermarket system in all my cars except for the past 5yrs. This was out of my old car 2001 MB S500 that I had back in my high school ya thats right I had a big body back in high school. Trust me I was pimipn anyways I had it done up all by diamond audio spent $20 racks on my system this was when T.V's were pretty new in Canada I had the flip out with xbox and PS2 hooked up with a tv tuner nobody had that in my hood.So that was in 2003 now 2010 the stuff been sitting there for 5yrs. I would not of attempt this if I didnt live next to a home depot. Sub box getting put in when somebody comes home later.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:50 AM
Members

1.TEAM M
2.god_003
3.allenzo
4. gameloader

Quick Reply: FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC