Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by 08TT335i
technic is there a harness that totally bypasses the factory amp so you can power your speakers with a aftermarket amp? I dont have the logic system just the standard radio.
Take a look at this offering: https://5series.net/forums/topic/116...1#entry1372277

The OEM amp must stay for this configuration so there would be 6 high level channels available at the harness outputs. Then you can add processors, amps or summing devices to your OEM system.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can this harness be used to correct the CIC retrofit in E60 with the 676 HiFi option somehow?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Members

glad I started surfing the web before I let the shop start on a job. Your harness(es) whichever one you decide to meet my needs will save me a couple hours of shop time.

I have the L7 system in my 06 525xi

I'm just used to a lot more clarity in the front stage and mid bass..In my old school car thinking, amp and better front stage speakers. Then and only then would I add a sub or two.

from my brief reading, I'm lucky cause the L7 amp powers the whole system in the trunk and not from the front deck and the high level outputs and speaker runs are easily accessible in the back (again, less shop time)

I want to upgrade the system in stages

1) find the high level outputs on the front speakers and the under seat woofers....add a four channel amp to power them. the rest of the speakers will run off the L7 amp. This is a modest system so I am looking at a Clarion XR2410. it has high level inputs already, but obvious RCA's are easier. Modest power and being an old school AB class amp should sound decent and power the OEM fronts and OEM woofers.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...459740213.html

- do you recommend a summing product like the Audio Control LC6? or will it interfere with the L7 EQ system and all it's speakers and levels to set different cross over points for the front speakers and underseat woofer?

2) change the front 4" speakers to a decent coaxial or custom component set....amp is in place already. I guess I should be changing the centre to the same coaxial/component set up now.

- not understanding the centre channel in the L7 system. I'm old school in my other car (6.25" components and dual subs + 3 channel amp - that's it!) and rarely have heard a system with so many speakers as in the L7 or know what to do.

3) then and only then will I consider a sub with a mono amp and a dual subs in custom enclosure in the wheel well (like my other car).

which harness will I need? please PM me or email me a dixon [at] gsdye [dot] com

thanks
Old 11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by focal
glad I started surfing the web before I let the shop start on a job. Your harness(es) whichever one you decide to meet my needs will save me a couple hours of shop time.

I have the L7 system in my 06 525xi

I'm just used to a lot more clarity in the front stage and mid bass..In my old school car thinking, amp and better front stage speakers. Then and only then would I add a sub or two.

from my brief reading, I'm lucky cause the L7 amp powers the whole system in the trunk and not from the front deck and the high level outputs and speaker runs are easily accessible in the back (again, less shop time)

I want to upgrade the system in stages

1) find the high level outputs on the front speakers and the under seat woofers....add a four channel amp to power them. the rest of the speakers will run off the L7 amp. This is a modest system so I am looking at a Clarion XR2410. it has high level inputs already, but obvious RCA's are easier. Modest power and being an old school AB class amp should sound decent and power the OEM fronts and OEM woofers.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...459740213.html
- do you recommend a summing product like the Audio Control LC6? or will it interfere with the L7 EQ system and all it's speakers and levels to set different cross over points for the front speakers and underseat woofer?
The L7 OEM amp outputs between 40W (front/rear/center) and 70W (woofers) peak so no aftermarket amp with high level inputs is able to handle this high power directly. You need either a LOC or a processor with built-in LOC, all depends on what you want to do with the OEM L7 processing (keep it or defeat it).

2) change the front 4" speakers to a decent coaxial or custom component set....amp is in place already. I guess I should be changing the centre to the same coaxial/component set up now.

- not understanding the centre channel in the L7 system. I'm old school in my other car (6.25" components and dual subs + 3 channel amp - that's it!) and rarely have heard a system with so many speakers as in the L7 or know what to do.
Logic7 speakers are actually quite good with aftermarket amps. My suggestion is to try them with whatever amp/processor/LOC solution you end up doing.

3) then and only then will I consider a sub with a mono amp and a dual subs in custom enclosure in the wheel well (like my other car).

which harness will I need? please PM me or email me a dixon [at] gsdye [dot] com

thanks
What works for most of my L7 customers is a trunk sub and upgraded midbass drivers under the seat, everything else powered by the OEM amp. Again, my suggestion is to add bass to your system and then determine the next upgrade (OEM speakers, aftermarket processor/amps).

Logic7 harness/LOC in on backorder until Dec 8 or so.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Members

545felix in his pics he said he got nut/washer from Home Depot.

Looks like I'm missing a bolt or screw and washer of some sort on 91 & 92? They're just empty. Can I walk into any car audio shop and purchase this or does it have to be purchased by BMW?

If anyone has specific dimension or type of bolt/washer that would help a lot.

I have all the other parts was hoping to finish up this project today but I guess not.

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC-img_0009.jpg

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC-img_0013.jpg
Old 12-05-2011, 05:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by dv8ed
545felix in his pics he said he got nut/washer from Home Depot.

Looks like I'm missing a bolt or screw and washer of some sort on 91 & 92? They're just empty. Can I walk into any car audio shop and purchase this or does it have to be purchased by BMW?

If anyone has specific dimension or type of bolt/washer that would help a lot.

I have all the other parts was hoping to finish up this project today but I guess not.
looks like your fuse block doesn't have the extra terminal. I'd just piggy back onto the wire on #90, or just go directly to the battery (mindful of the safety terminal!)
Old 12-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Contributors

E60 add-a-sub harness is back in stock...
Old 12-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by Technic
E60 add-a-sub harness is back in stock...
Do you have a harness for the front/head unit to add a amplifier? How much for it?
Old 12-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by infin8
Do you have a harness for the front/head unit to add a amplifier? How much for it?
Full harness set is also available: https://5series.net/forums/topic/116...1#entry1372277
Old 12-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by Technic
Full harness set is also available: https://5series.net/forums/topic/116...1#entry1372277
I only need the front harness for the headunit. What is the price for that?

Quick Reply: FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC