Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: 20'' DPE R-08 Variant S Wheels w/ Step Lips

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Your question should be directed to Michael of Acute Performance since he was the previous owner. Maybe he can chime in. It could be that he just wanted the stretched looked or the DPE's have a custom low offset which would require 255's.

Does this mean you are considering buying the wheels now?

Nothing personal about my comment about on your "bargaining" so hopefully we can move past that. Have a hug buddy.

C said he got his Rad R10's for a great deal at less than half the cost, from a friend, but since you and Takman aren't friends the situation doesn't necessarily apply. I would be willing to sell at a lower price to a friend, but that doesn't necessarily apply to a stranger you know?

I did sell an extra set of wheels for my other car last night, and I did actually give the buyer a good deal from my firm asking price.. but then she flashed me when she bent over to inspect the wheels.. so I'm good. Wonder if there was any boobage involved with C's transaction. HAHA!
Haha Melvin, at first I was like woahh you sold one of your sets so you can get the Rads or 20'' LMs now?!

Thanks for helping me hold up the fort in here. I actually bought these from a different person, Michael's DPE's that were on the car beforehand were way too baller.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Haha Melvin, at first I was like woahh you sold one of your sets so you can get the Rads or 20'' LMs now?!

Thanks for helping me hold up the fort in here. I actually bought these from a different person, Michael's DPE's that were on the car beforehand were way too baller.

No problem Ross. I'll take my commission in hundreds ok? Make sure they are new bills too.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530 Titanium Silver Sport/Premium PKG OEM Mtech Kit

I have personally seen these wheels live before they were polish and they look awesome.....
Ross, Let me know if you would consider my offer. I would take em right away.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by svtla
I have personally seen these wheels live before they were polish and they look awesome.....
Ross, Let me know if you would consider my offer. I would take em right away.
Thanks for the positive comments! I'll let you know if I decide to change my mind but if I can't get anything around what I'm asking I'll probably just keep them.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: AW E46 M3 Vert

What is the current asking price and please post recent pics of them after cleaning and polishing. Are those tires going to rub on my car since I'm dropped on h&r sports? Also what's up with that dent? Has it been fixed? Also hard to tell in the pics but is the center color like gray of some sort, I'd love it if they matched my car color.

I think I want these wheels but need to confirm all the details first. Please post or email updated pics after cleaning. My email is rmayrap@gmail.com

also if these tires are going to rub I think I'll buy the wheels without them. Please provide a shipped price to 63021 with and without tires.

Paypal ready.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60 545i SPORT
What is the current asking price and please post recent pics of them after cleaning and polishing. Are those tires going to rub on my car since I'm dropped on h&r sports? Also what's up with that dent? Has it been fixed? Also hard to tell in the pics but is the center color like gray of some sort, I'd love it if they matched my car color.

I think I want these wheels but need to confirm all the details first. Please post or email updated pics after cleaning. My email is rmayrap@gmail.com

also if these tires are going to rub I think I'll buy the wheels without them. Please provide a shipped price to 63021 with and without tires.

Paypal ready.
Email sent with details! Let me know if you didn't get it, I think I sent you one before but it might not have gone through.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: AW E46 M3 Vert

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Email sent with details! Let me know if you didn't get it, I think I sent you one before but it might not have gone through.
got your email about the pics but didnt get any pics....

please send again with as many pics as possible.

i need to figure out why a 255 rear was rubbing....sidewall too tall or what? im planning on putting a 285/25 on these if i buy them and dont want them to rub. any way to figure out the offset since DPE doesnt list them?
Old 04-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Contributors

i need to figure out why a 255 rear was rubbing....sidewall too tall or what? im planning on putting a 285/25 on these if i buy them and dont want them to rub. any way to figure out the offset since DPE doesnt list them?
Keep in mind even if its the same tire size, each brand is different so that comes into play as well. I think Nitto Invo's tend to be a meatier tire.

This may be a guess, but I think Takman may have purchased his wheels from a 3 series/M car, which explains the 255.

Also, wont a 285 be too wide? The shoulders may rub, especially since you are lowered.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Keep in mind even if its the same tire size, each brand is different so that comes into play as well. I think Nitto Invo's tend to be a meatier tire.

This may be a guess, but I think Takman may have purchased his wheels from a 3 series/M car, which explains the 255.

Also, wont a 285 be too wide? The shoulders may rub, especially since you are lowered.
Not really Melvin, I run 285/30/20 on my car and after the fenders were rolled it only rubs on the deepest freeway dips I may even switch to 295/25/20 next time I need rears - I am running Falken 452's
Old 04-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Senior Members

The rear offsets are pretty aggressive on these I think. No idea why 255 was put on, I bought them like that and the tires were pretty much new so I didn't want to swap it out. I would guess that 285 would rub but I wouldn't know for sure. You will be best off getting your rear fenders rolled though.

I must be trying to send too many pics, there's about 16 total and I had to shrink them all when I sent them to other people which they probably didn't get either. I'll go back and resend.

Quick Reply: FS: 20'' DPE R-08 Variant S Wheels w/ Step Lips