Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: 20'' DPE R-08 Variant S Wheels w/ Step Lips

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
I hope I never have to bargain for $1700 wheels when I own an M5..
Why shouldn't he bargain? Why does owning an M5 exclude him from being allowed to do that? I have an M5 and work bargains for all my mods, on all my cars, all the time.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Why shouldn't he bargain? Why does owning an M5 exclude him from being allowed to do that? I have an M5 and work bargains for all my mods, on all my cars, all the time.
Hustler!!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Contributors

Nothing wrong with trying to get a good deal. We all do that.

Question though. Are any of those mods you bargained for already priced less than half of the original price?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Contributors

I wonder when someone who actually wants the wheels replies to this thread. HAHA.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Question though. Are any of those mods you bargained for already priced less than half of the original price?
Do you know where my Radenergie R10 wheels, on my M5, came from? I'm not sure if you were a member yet, but I bought them off another member on this board. He also happens to be a good friend whom I see often when I visit SF every month for business. And we still did some bargaining back and forth, before agreeing on a final price. I think he wanted more than half (not 100% certain of that though), but I ended up getting them for much less. Even from the first price he quoted me, which was still a good deal, I still worked him -- friend or not. In the end, neither of us lost any sleep over it. It's the art of the deal and we both moved on...and are still friends -- I think...

I also had the Supersprint Exhaust and Evosport High Flow Race Cats on my M5 (used), prior to buying my RPi setup(new). Both of those items were negotiated for much less than half of what it originally cost (This was done through another M5board member that's not a member on here).

Maybe it's me running my own business and running a sales organization or maybe I'm just old...Yeah, it's probably the latter. Hahaha!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Contributors

Do you know where my Radenergie R10 wheels, on my M5, came from? I'm not sure if you were a member yet, but I bought them off another member on this board. He also happens to be a good friend whom I see often when I visit SF every month for business. And we still did some bargaining back and forth, before agreeing on a final price. I think he wanted more than half (not 100% certain of that though), but I ended up getting them for much less. Even from the first price he quoted me, which was still a good deal, I still worked him -- friend or not. In the end, neither of us lost any sleep over it. It's the art of the deal and we both moved on...and are still friends -- I think...

I also had the Supersprint Exhaust and Evosport High Flow Race Cats on my M5 (used), prior to buying my RPi setup(new). Both of those items were negotiated for much less than half of what it originally cost (This was done through another M5board member that's not a member on here).

Maybe it's me running my own business and running a sales organization or maybe I'm just old...Yeah, it's probably the latter. Hahaha!

Old Fart. HAHA!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Haha crazy thread! Ok so I will need to either sell these or my new DPEs since I need to free up some cash within the next month or two (for selfless reasons I assure you). I will post a separate one for them but whichever I sell first will have to go but if anyone is interested in those the specs are in my sig and they are matte black faces with polished lips brand spankin' new!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: M5

Thanks C, I would rather save a buck or two even if I had endlesss amount of money. Now back to the wheels, I also am wondering why you used a 255 rear?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by /\/\5power
Thanks C, I would rather save a buck or two even if I had endlesss amount of money. Now back to the wheels, I also am wondering why you used a 255 rear?
No idea to be honest, I bought them fitted with 255s in the rear. Since the tires were almost new at the time, I didn't want to buy a new set for the rears.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by /\/\5power

Your question should be directed to Michael of Acute Performance since he was the previous owner. Maybe he can chime in. It could be that he just wanted the stretched looked or the DPE's have a custom low offset which would require 255's.

Does this mean you are considering buying the wheels now?

Nothing personal about my comment about on your "bargaining" so hopefully we can move past that. Have a hug buddy.

C said he got his Rad R10's for a great deal at less than half the cost, from a friend, but since you and Takman aren't friends the situation doesn't necessarily apply. I would be willing to sell at a lower price to a friend, but that doesn't necessarily apply to a stranger you know?

I did sell an extra set of wheels for my other car last night, and I did actually give the buyer a good deal from my firm asking price.. but then she flashed me when she bent over to inspect the wheels.. so I'm good. Wonder if there was any boobage involved with C's transaction. HAHA!

Quick Reply: FS: 20'' DPE R-08 Variant S Wheels w/ Step Lips