Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: 20'' DPE R-08 Variant S Wheels w/ Step Lips

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
I hope I never have to bargain for $1700 wheels when I own an M5..

GL on the sale Ross.

lol ballin on a budget is fine but haggling on a budget when you own a m5 is funny
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: M5

lol, You guys are mouthpeices. I have 3 sets of wheels but just because I like these I would buy them just to throw on once in a while but my "budget" wont let me so I have to "bargain", lol no one is bargaining here bud. I am not looking for a cheap deal, I just would put a offer down if they were in better shape and that was the whole point to my post, period.

I would love to come down to Seattle for a Meet and show you something that I have thats not a M5 and maybe that whole "budget" will clear your head and you might know a little more about what BALLIN really is. You must be young, I have seen some of your immature posts and the attitude isnt so great but I guess when you BALLIN you have attitude like yourself, lol.

To the OP, lovely wheels but I suggest at least polishing them or getting it done and these will be gone quick, so GL.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Contributors

LOL. BALLIN.

How mature is it to tell a kid you are richer than him?

ANYWAYS. Back on topic. Like M5power said, clean them up, post the pictures, and get the wheels sold. Budget or no budget, it's a great price.

If there are comments/questions on the condition or pricing, I'm sure a PM would be more appropriate for any potential buyers. The rest of us, me included, should keep the chatter to a minimal.

Sorry for the clutter Ross.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

No worries guys thanks for the comments .

I figured $1,950 asking price w/ tires or $1,750 without tires was taking into the account the condition and for someone who either wants a set of DPE wheels in good enough to drive on condition that still turns heads or buy them to refinish them to their specs. I also took into account that a seller's asking price is rarely achieved on used car parts. I just didn't want to put the time and effort into refinishing them right now. If I did, I would be afraid I would be highly tempted to just keep them.

I spent 5 hours repolishing the rear lips this past weekend but still need to do a better job polishing to get a deeper shine. The lips are cleaned up really well, I was able to get almost all of the oxidation and brake dust stains off. It's not quite a professional job since I don't have the tools to take apart the wheels (and from research I found that the DPE R series is two piece but the face is welded on). I cleaned up one problem (polished lips) but created another when I dropped a little clear coat remover on the edges of the wheel in 4 spots or so and it took off or warped 1/4 dimed sized areas of powdercoat near the lip... sighhhhhhh.

After all of this trouble I might just refinish the centers and keep them. Or I might just strip the center powdercoat and protect it with synthetic sealant since it almost looks like brushed aluminum underneath.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Some pictures of my polishing job. The job I did on the lips got a lot of the blemishes off (both the before and after wheel pictures show them cleaned and scrubbed) but the polish job I did was not the best. I'll go back over it this weekend and hopefully it will be almost like a mirror .

Before:

After:

Old 04-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Why'd you run 255's in the rear and not 275/30's?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by /\/\5power
lol, You guys are mouthpeices. I have 3 sets of wheels but just because I like these I would buy them just to throw on once in a while but my "budget" wont let me so I have to "bargain", lol no one is bargaining here bud. I am not looking for a cheap deal, I just would put a offer down if they were in better shape and that was the whole point to my post, period.

I would love to come down to Seattle for a Meet and show you something that I have thats not a M5 and maybe that whole "budget" will clear your head and you might know a little more about what BALLIN really is. You must be young, I have seen some of your immature posts and the attitude isnt so great but I guess when you BALLIN you have attitude like yourself, lol.

To the OP, lovely wheels but I suggest at least polishing them or getting it done and these will be gone quick, so GL.
yes please come drive down here with your e-gallardo.....id love to e-see it
Old 04-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
yes please come drive down here with your e-gallardo.....id love to e-see it
Ouch!

Popcorn anyone?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: M5

Lol, Gallardo? After that respond I rather just have you come down here so I can show you how a Canadian holds it down eh? We got lots bro from cars to hoes so make a trip and I am sure you will enjoy.

Oh BTW, I might teach you a thing or two about driving, What would you like "e-gear" or a 6-speed. I got both here waiting for ya pal.

Sorry to the OP this is my last post and again GL to your sale. And Praisetolowered just pm me if you have more to say or when you would like to come down.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

Jeez and I thought my DPE for sale thread was exciting to watch lol

sdg join in:

Quick Reply: FS: 20'' DPE R-08 Variant S Wheels w/ Step Lips