Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i Alpine White

Originally Posted by sheldor535i
actually the 5 bumpers have been sold.. i know because i know him n have bought stuff from him in the past n spoke with him today and voiced out everyones oponion as well as mine.. and as you can see he was willing to lower the price down, but he can only bring it down so much plus this has to be the best looking front for our e60 hands down... so when i have the funds i will be putting it on my ride.. too bad he lives close by so i wont be the only one with this bumper haha jk... let the real modding begin! n lets step up the e60 game!

Ok I'm curious what ur going to do about ur PDC? And I agree that chicken wire mesh grill has to be better quality. Can u or the seller provide info on the first 5 that have been sold as to their experience with this bumper and photos of them painted and installed? A lot of people are waiting to see how the finished bumper turned out.

And does this bumper fit both LCI and Pre-LCI cars?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I see. Honestly I am quite surprised that any of them sold because most people seem to share my sentiments: good looking, but overpriced for fiberglass. Where are the installed pics? I imagine it would drive stronger interest if people see it painted and installed.

Sup SIMON!! I agree and thats why I will try to meet up with him soon and see for myself how the fitment and quality of the bumper...I wanted to do this mod a while ago but got side tracked dealing with rub issues with my aggressive offset 20s and bought custom quads even though I dont have a quad rear bumper hahaha and remote controlled license plate holder and gloss black grills COMPULSIVE MODDER =( ... He told me the bumpers are currently installed on his ride but not painted due to other parts are coming in and he rather paint them all at once...and from my understanding its not all Fiberglass and theres parts that are carbon fiber so maybe thats why price is a little higher than expected? but yeah i will try to get in touch with him and see for myself and maybe take a couple of pics to show everyone. Also I heard some bad ass stuff might be on the way as well
Old 12-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

Originally Posted by bimmerboyali
Ok I'm curious what ur going to do about ur PDC? And I agree that chicken wire mesh grill has to be better quality. Can u or the seller provide info on the first 5 that have been sold as to their experience with this bumper and photos of them painted and installed? A lot of people are waiting to see how the finished bumper turned out.

And does this bumper fit both LCI and Pre-LCI cars?

Thanks
Speaking of gloss black grills and license plate holder.. thanks for the great deal! thats why im going to check it out myself to see if it will be a good fit for us with LCI and pdc....Ill keep everyone updated
Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Hmmmm seems like theres alot of interest on these bumpers... I want one myself.... why dont we try to convince the OP to do a group buy? Whos really down??

1. Sheldor535i
LOL GB for those who have too much money?

I'd buy it for 350, without all that fake carbon fibre crap on it either. And if the intakes could be repositioned slightly lower - it looks too caricature as it is. Not chunky enough. At least CSR bumper does not lack in that dept, AND uses original bumper grilles on the sides, so that's two points.

The PDC holes shouldn't be too hard to cut out.

actually the 5 bumpers have been sold.. i know because i know him n have bought stuff from him in the past n spoke with him today and voiced out everyones oponion as well as mine.. and as you can see he was willing to lower the price down, but he can only bring it down so much plus this has to be the best looking front for our e60 hands down... so when i have the funds i will be putting it on my ride.. too bad he lives close by so i wont be the only one with this bumper haha jk... let the real modding begin! n lets step up the e60 game!
Yeah, it is a great-looking bumper, but it is cheaply made. It's a great design, but to my eye it has some major flaws, like placement of the intakes. And don't even get me started on the grilles. I'm not saying the guy didn't put any work into it - it's a GREAT looking bumper. But I think that 1. it should be cheaper, and 2. there are a couple of things that should be improved to make it worth the investment (even after a significant reduction).

Otherwise, only hardcore modders will buy it. Which is cool too, I guess
Old 12-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
I like it a lot, $1000 seems a lot for the material used, $500-$600 seems more reasonable for a front bumper which is essentially fiberglass.

Ehh....I'm going to have to pass on this. I don't want a bumper that is prone to crack if I just happen to be unlucky.

You can pick up them up for an E90 for between $500 and $750. I understand they're more available for the E90 though. Even then, most people with nicer cars are steering away from fiberglass bumpers. Who knows though.

There are just too many things that don't sit well. I mean, if you're going to be charging $1k, at least use real CF....and I'm with the Russian on the grills. That's just my opinion. I do wish the OP good luck with his endeavors. I always like seeing people being successful.

Maybe in a few months or a year we'll be buying a higher quality version of this for a better price!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Elvis T
Ehh....I'm going to have to pass on this. I don't want a bumper that is prone to crack if I just happen to be unlucky.

You can pick up them up for an E90 for between $500 and $750. I understand they're more available for the E90 though. Even then, most people with nicer cars are steering away from fiberglass bumpers. Who knows though.

There are just too many things that don't sit well. I mean, if you're going to be charging $1k, at least use real CF....and I'm with the Russian on the grills. That's just my opinion. I do wish the OP good luck with his endeavors. I always like seeing people being successful.

Maybe in a few months or a year we'll be buying a higher quality version of this for a better price!
Umm the OP said $800 shipped... but thats cool its not for everyone.. just trying to help out
Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
LOL GB for those who have too much money?

I'd buy it for 350, without all that fake carbon fibre crap on it either. And if the intakes could be repositioned slightly lower - it looks too caricature as it is. Not chunky enough. At least CSR bumper does not lack in that dept, AND uses original bumper grilles on the sides, so that's two points.

The PDC holes shouldn't be too hard to cut out.

Yeah, it is a great-looking bumper, but it is cheaply made. It's a great design, but to my eye it has some major flaws, like placement of the intakes. And don't even get me started on the grilles. I'm not saying the guy didn't put any work into it - it's a GREAT looking bumper. But I think that 1. it should be cheaper, and 2. there are a couple of things that should be improved to make it worth the investment (even after a significant reduction).

Otherwise, only hardcore modders will buy it. Which is cool too, I guess

Hey VRussian Im just trying to help out the fellow members to get a better price ... and I agree you make some good points... I guess it all depends how bad you want the bumper.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Hey VRussian Im just trying to help out the fellow members to get a better price ... and I agree you make some good points... I guess it all depends how bad you want the bumper.
I mean, if I had to choose between this and Alpina, I'd DEFINITELY choose this on design. But the problem is, I have to drive the car in the Northeast... I go skiing occasionally, I mean, I need this bumper to be robust enough to be AT LEAST as good as the original. Otherwise, I wouldn't even consider it, because the pain of having to replace it is worse.

I'm not trying to knock anyone down, I love the design. I really do.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i

wow!!! nice bumper!!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Members

My Ride: AP2 S2000 E60 545i

Great design + questionable quality = high price ??

Quick Reply: Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60