Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be interested in this if the price was lower and was pre-painted. Please update us if this is still available.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sang
any plans on making the trunk? ahahaha... no really.
+1
Old 12-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

This bumper is friggin sick. While it doesnt look exactly like the new M5 bumper, it has a stunning resemblence. Someone said it looks more like the new M3 bumper which i agree with. Check out these pics and tell me if you agree that it resembles the new m5 bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60-bumper-copy.jpg   Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60-bumper.jpg  
Old 12-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by epilithic
This bumper is friggin sick. While it doesnt look exactly like the new M5 bumper, it has a stunning resemblence. Someone said it looks more like the new M3 bumper which i agree with. Check out these pics and tell me if you agree that it resembles the new m5 bumper.
Naw, man, you're a bit off there on "stunning resemblance" the CSR bumper has a stunning resemblance to the new M5 bumper.

And agreed - if this was 500 I'd have bought one by now

And you could probably sell a whole crapload more than 5...
Old 12-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by project5
Ya...but to make this is not cheap, plus the real one is hella expensive. also, the front bumper is not common, at least not on the e60....
Forgive me if you've already posted, but what are these made out of? Fiberglass?
Old 12-15-2011, 03:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

You know, guys, I've been looking at this bumper for a while now, and I feel I should share my opinion. I just feel like I'm noticing some things about this bumper, that nobody seems to have pointed out yet.

First and foremost, I do think it looks great. But... the attention to detail in the design itself is not what I would expect for a grand. It's barely on par with a 300-dollar replica, as far as I can tell. And I'm not trying to knock on the manufacturer, or anything - I'm just trying to be fair to others on this forum. Maybe this also explains why more of these have not been sold yet. I don't know what the fitment is like - assuming it takes a little finesse to make it sit properly, but okay - this can be done by a good body shop anywhere. What is missing is a good, high-quality set of bumper grilles. The ones that are on the pics show the windshield washer reservoir visible through the left intake - which means, anything larger than a lug nut on the highway will likely puncture right through it. Fog lights aren't even accounted for, but okay - something can be retrofitted. Basically, it's a big project - and I feel that for a price like a grand, it should be friggin unbelievable quality. Alpina lip is 979 MSRP from KSK - and this is Alpina, overpriced as all heck! Not to mention, Alpina fits like it was made BY BMW and accommodates all the original accessories from the get-go - like PDC sensors, fogs, etc etc. It is also my experience that Alpina can take a serious beating. I regularly scrape it after I've dropped the car, and it does not show ANY signs of wear. All I have to do is occasionally repaint the bottom of the lip - and even that I do because I want to, because I'm a perfectionist.

So hopefully, this can get a productive discussion going, because this design really is a great-looking design. I just wish it were high quality (or at least cheap, if it's lower quality). Just to make sure, I'm NOT saying this is "bad quality" - this is probably in the top 15% of what I've seen for E60. I just think that if you're charging a premium price, premium quality should come as standard.

Best wishes!
V.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Gotta admit, I agree with you Vladdy. I have been looking at front bumpers lately and high quality REAL versions are around this price, for example: Prior Design, Kerscher, Rieger, even Hamann are all around $1k. Kind of hard to justify $1k for a replica bumper.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by pjinca
Gotta admit, I agree with you Vladdy. I have been looking at front bumpers lately and high quality REAL versions are around this price, for example: Prior Design, Kerscher, Rieger, even Hamann are all around $1k. Kind of hard to justify $1k for a replica bumper.
That's what I'v been saying, lol
Old 12-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Members

same reason why i didnt get the csr bumper, Why pay over $900+ just for a bumper that prolly wont sit right
Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

Hmmmm seems like theres alot of interest on these bumpers... I want one myself.... why dont we try to convince the OP to do a group buy? Whos really down??

1. Sheldor535i

Quick Reply: Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60