Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by crypto
I think you should try re-reading what I said before you get your panties in a wad. I am supporting you and your pricing and laughing at the 6 pages of people that keep complaining. Think of my reply as satirical in nature.
Way to go, buddy

But until you actually BUY this bumper and install it on your car, you should maybe take it easy, no?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

OP, I am fairly certain everyone likes the design of the bumper. And if you're only going to produce 5 pieces, I'm sure you'll find enough buyers even at the current price point. But for people to really embrace this bumper, it needs to be better quality - and that's what everyone has their panties in a bunch about, more than money. I paid this kind of money for my Alpina - price is not what scares me.

Either way, we should all commend you on bringing out something original for a change! All these M5techs and M-techs are so regular, it doesn't seem special at all anymore. This is a great design! And if someday it becomes a solid-enough construction, that it's actually a structural improvement over the original - not just a paper-thin veil with a pretty pattern - I'll buy one and be very happy with it.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Members

My Ride: AP2 S2000 E60 545i

Originally Posted by umichchris

just wanted to drop this on ya: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

the market seems to be fearful of the current price-point....causing demand to soften....adjusting price downward may stimulate a greater amount of sales/interest. either way it goes, im sure you thought all that out and have a grander plan beyond our forum so.....good luck with sales homie!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

Originally Posted by Vlad1

lol i have given up, no point teaching someone simple economics
Old 12-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like he's doing fine though, so not sure what economics lesson there is to be learned. There's a mystery price at which people are willing to buy.. apparently $500 has been thrown out a few times now. The price is currently at $800. How many people on here actually showing "interest" would actually buy the bumper is unknown. A few people on the forum have also indicated that the $1k or $800 price was acceptable.

According to Sheldor the guy has sold out of his initial 5 bumpers, so it doesn't seem it's stopped people from buying them despite the naysayers. I of course don't know what they sold for but.. 5 bumpers @ $1000 is a shit ton better deal for him than 10 bumpers at $500 and probably still better/more profitable than 15 of them @ $500. The economics seem to support the higher price right now, but the reality is it doesn't matter much to me. Just arguing with the pricing doesn't seem to make sense, especially if he's successfully selling them. I think the bumper looks nice but I am not in the market for it right now so it doesn't much matter to me. This thread has both amused and bemused me, so I've enjoyed it as a result.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Members

My Ride: AP2 S2000 E60 545i

He sold 5 already and none of those 5 have photos? Seems odd, but if I was selling a new style bumper I'd have photos of the finished product.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

+1
He sold 5 already and none of those 5 have photos? Seems odd, but if I was selling a new style bumper I'd have photos of the finished product.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

all of the issues with the price stemmed from the materials used in the production process. for a fiberglass option....the price should be lower than $800-$1000....that seems plain and simple to understand. if it were fiberglass and $500 i would order one f#ck it why not, ill give it a shot and if it doesnt hold up quality wise, im not into it for too much so its ok.

but at $1,000 i become much more selective/demanding....especially when the OEM option is only $600 ish from tisher.

much of successful marketing is finding the right mixture of product benefits and correct pricing....i was just offering my opinion as most of us are prone to do on here lol

either way it goes, lets get more info on the production process, materials used and most importantly more pics....i want to do something different with my M5...so i am chomping at the bit to learn more. otherwise all of this is just conjecture until more images and details start flowing

Originally Posted by crypto
Sounds like he's doing fine though, so not sure what economics lesson there is to be learned. There's a mystery price at which people are willing to buy.. apparently $500 has been thrown out a few times now. The price is currently at $800. How many people on here actually showing "interest" would actually buy the bumper is unknown. A few people on the forum have also indicated that the $1k or $800 price was acceptable.

According to Sheldor the guy has sold out of his initial 5 bumpers, so it doesn't seem it's stopped people from buying them despite the naysayers. I of course don't know what they sold for but.. 5 bumpers @ $1000 is a shit ton better deal for him than 10 bumpers at $500 and probably still better/more profitable than 15 of them @ $500. The economics seem to support the higher price right now, but the reality is it doesn't matter much to me. Just arguing with the pricing doesn't seem to make sense, especially if he's successfully selling them. I think the bumper looks nice but I am not in the market for it right now so it doesn't much matter to me. This thread has both amused and bemused me, so I've enjoyed it as a result.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Heh, I basically implied this earlier.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Members

Its about fitment really, if the price was justified by fitment people wouldn't really care. Hell last Feb I was ready to order the CSR automotive bumper regardless of price.
However after doing research through a fellow forum member, ive found that it didn't sit right at all and required fixing to make do that's a few more hundred bucks the bodyshop would charge me for labor. I opted for the M5 front instead. Also not sure if everyone here already knows this but most kits that come from japan although this is a replica is made of either fiberglass or F.R.P. = fiber reinforced plastic for racing applications, in order to save weight. Anyway i would love to get this bumper cuz Im one of those tuners that would pay for something like this.
But, i would prolly end up spending $1,700 for the bumper, paint and install.

Quick Reply: Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60