Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news on those hoods? I am interested
Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

so youre employing the "A fool and his money are soon to part..." rule here because this bumper is unique? cant argue with that....its tried and true. i guess it just depends on if you want to or have the capability to sell the bumper in much higher quantities or not.

Originally Posted by project5
It's funny how some say it's to much, but you guys tell me if there is another bumper out there like this! If u guys want the real one then pay for the price! I'm just offering it for peeps that want a different look, than what's out there for e60! This is the price cuz nobody has it! So if you want to stand out from the rest of other e60 this is what it is! If you don't like it then you can move on! It is what it is!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

btw i LOVE this thead! it has a mind of its own now lol....and we still only have 3 damn pictures...
Old 12-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Members

[attachment=164433:048.JPG][attachment=164435:050.JPG][attachment=164434:049.JPG]
here are more pix!!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

nice man but hate how u can see the bumper carrier :thumbsdown:
Old 12-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I think he should just give me one. With how much exposure I have on the forum, I can probably help him sell the other 4, lol.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Senior Members

+1

you def need to send one my way....you can kill two birds with one stone....get exposure to the Mid-West AND the M5 crowd....its a win win.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I think he should just give me one. With how much exposure I have on the forum, I can probably help him sell the other 4, lol.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Thanks for the post and the explanation - we all feel much better, now that you've explained that you're essentially looking for suckers... okay, sorry, I don't like to bust your chops - at least, not as much as it would appear. You are on the right track with it, and I think you're really onto something, in terms of finally adding something new to the E60 modders shopping list

However.
Here's why I would not buy this bumper at ANY price:
You see how the highlight under the headlight is too low, making the visual "bumper" section of the piece appear thin and wimpy.
Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60-post-18494-076926900-1324531199_thumb.jpg

Also, those under-the-headlight highlights are not on the original e92 EA bumper. Their highlight is tiny compared to this, which makes for a MUCH better-looking bumper overall. Also, it doesn't have that conflicting corner that goes nowhere - on the inner side of the highlight, where it terminates at the vertical cut line. The reason you did, I'm guessing, is to keep the original headlight washer covers, but common! Seriously, this makes the whole bumper look like a cheap imitation.

This is self-explanatory, but the visible support is just unprofessional - it doesn't even matter what price you charge - anyone who's a car guy will laugh at me, if I put this on.

And the dead space on the sides of the piece, compared to a visually busy front piece, makes for a distortion of the entire car's proportion. This pic may not show it, but it will make the front overhang look like that of some budget compact FWD car.
Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60-post-18494-047503100-1324531286_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, and how about painting the friggin thing already!

To be completely honest, there are things about this design I absolutely love. The way the lines on the hood line up with the ribs, that form the outer supports for the center air intake. The shape of the center intake is awesome - it looks great on an E60, makes it look so much more aggressive. It does seem to have a pretty decent fit, in terms of gaps between panels. Finally, this piece is much less than the other one that has been mentioned before, that is similar design. Just really wish it was more grown-up in terms of both design and execution.

Last thing (and I'll try not to post into this thread anymore), the reason I've been bitching about this bumper so much on this thread, is because you seem to be at 95% of what I would actually buy. Just a little more finishing of this thing, and it's great. But as it is right now, I would have to buy it, take it to a body shop, that can fuse more plastic to make it more bulky and hide the bumper support out of sight, reposition the peripheral intakes to visually decrease the weight of the front overhang and for better brake venting. Finally, I'd have to find a proper mesh to fit into the intakes. Not to mention, fog light solution would still have to be found, although I'd actually go LED strip for fogs on this, something like this:

And in case you get into this bizz for the long haul, the sides and the rear from the E92/E93 E-A kit would look super hot on E60 too
Old 12-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

I was actually thinking about buying this, but my car is at Motorcepts undergoing some major surgery...
Also, there has been a ton of thread crapping and unnecessary commenting...
That aside, V's last post was informative for potential buyers, being he pointed out some flaws that i wouldn't have noticed until it was on the car.
I'm rather easy going and not as meticulous when it comes to the details...
Especially because pictures are usually deceiving or don't do certain products justice...
For that... Thanks V!!
Old 12-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530i

I found a similar front bumper from CSR that seems to take into consideration the things that a lot of members are talking about. Fog light, width etc.

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en/...03-O-line.html

Quick Reply: Ericsson amuse front bumper for e60