Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Custom Euro Overlay

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='1071209' date='Dec 9 2009, 10:31 PM
hey Phi! THis is THE ONLY chrome I ever like on the e60!

And instead of writing "add a touch of chrome" since it can be misleading, what about, "add a touch of euro freshness?"
Note taken! LOL Done deal!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='1071209' date='Dec 9 2009, 10:31 PM
hey Phi! THis is THE ONLY chrome I ever like on the e60!

And instead of writing "add a touch of chrome" since it can be misleading, what about, "add a touch of euro freshness?"
I had Lomag edit the sub title.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I am guessing I will get this... hopefully Saturday if it goes out today? Or Monday. I will post pics after install.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='1071527' date='Dec 10 2009, 01:18 PM
I am guessing I will get this... hopefully Saturday if it goes out today? Or Monday. I will post pics after install.
I sent out your order today during lunch. You should get it in 2-3 business days.

Thanks,
Phi
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Contributors

Striping Addition Application Directions:

1. Line up the straight edge of the chrome strip to the inner flat edge of the overlay (Inner flat edge of the overlay is the opposite side from the pointy end of the overlay).

2. Measure how long you need the strip to be. Then, mark the other end of the chrome strip to align it with the curved edge of the Euro overlay.

3. Cut the chrome strip at the marking you made to be aligned with the Euro overlay.

4. Partially peel of the backing, starting from the straight edged side of the chrome strip. DO NOT peel the chrome strip backing all the way off at once.

5. With the strip?s backing partially peeled off (on the straight edge side of chrome strip), align the strips edge to the straight edged end of the Euro Overlay.

6. Work your way across the overlay; slowly peel the backing of the chrome strip off as you apply the chrome strip to the overlay.

7. Repeat steps one through five until you have finished applying your chrome strips.
Enjoy your new Euro look!
Old 12-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Phi thanks for the super fast shipping, got these today. I'm kinda scared to put them on I don't want to mess them up like I messed up my first pair of euro stickers. I should of had bought a new pair of euro stickers.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1072660' date='Dec 12 2009, 04:10 PM
Phi thanks for the super fast shipping, got these today. I'm kinda scared to put them on I don't want to mess them up like I messed up my first pair of euro stickers. I should of had bought a new pair of euro stickers.
Call me if you need anything Phil.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I got them on but the bottom strip looks pretty off, lol I gotta redo that one. I really like they way they look
Old 12-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

the more i see it, the more i like it. DKNewYork, u NEEEEEED this!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1074399' date='Dec 15 2009, 10:39 PM
I got them on but the bottom strip looks pretty off, lol I gotta redo that one. I really like they way they look
Sweet Phil! Now just remember there are more corners now, so when you wash your car, wash with care in that area. Make sure not to peel up the corners. The way I wash mine is from inside the overlays going outwards. This way I don't snag any corners with my soft mit.

Quick Reply: Custom Euro Overlay