Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Custom Euro Overlay

Old 12-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,
Red face

I was experimenting with some overlay material and came up with this solution to get a more updated look from the overlays. I did not want to use full chrome as I wanted to keep the base material soft. In most cases, the softer the vinyl the longer the life of the overlay.

My solution to get a shine from the soft vinyl with out using full chrome was to layer my original overlays with a touch of chrome. This way I get the shine of the Euro look with out sacrificing the evenness of the soft vinyl overlay.

First, I applied my Euro Overlays.

Next, I measured and cut out chrome overlay material in long strips for my chrome pin striping. I measured with one straight end of the chrome material aligned to the inner edge of my overlays ( The flat side) with out actually applying it yet to see the angle that it needs to be cut in for the pointy side of the overlays. I then marked the angle that it needs to be cut in to match up with the printed detailed lines of the Euro Overlay.

After measuring and cutting the stripes to the desired length and angle, I applied the pin striping. I made sure to allow the edges of the black lines in the Euro Overlay to show. This will give it more depth.

Here is a link to the Euro Overlays: https://5series.net/forums/index.php...opic=59898&hl=
These are the overlays that the above mentioned is applied on top of.

These were my results.

Custom Euro Overlay-es1.jpg

Custom Euro Overlay-es2.jpg

Custom Euro Overlay-es3.jpg

Custom Euro Overlay-es4.jpg

Custom Euro Overlay-es5.jpg

Custom Euro Overlay-es6.jpg

I will be offering this service and material to interested members on request. Of course it will not be free, as it takes more time to precut and measure the pin stripes.

I will charge $10.00 for the addition if you like to have this sent with your orders.

It will be pre cut in long strips and you will need to determine how long you need them for your overlays.
The only thing you will need to do is cut the angle of the strips and apply it. The reason why I do this is because you may need more or less depending on how you install it.

I will update this thread later once I get better pics.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I'm intrested in a pair. In fact I need to remove the old ones to sand my headlights and polish them so this would work out.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1070883' date='Dec 9 2009, 11:51 AM
I'm intrested in a pair. In fact I need to remove the old ones to sand my headlights and polish them so this would work out.
Send me a pm with your email addy Phil. Thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Oh how interesting. I would be interested in getting this.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc' post='1070885' date='Dec 9 2009, 11:54 AM
Oh how interesting. I would be interested in getting this.
You can just add this on top of your existing set. No need to get a fresh pair unless you want to have everything new.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

I cant tell how I feel about these, I think i need to see more pics
Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMWPower06' post='1070903' date='Dec 9 2009, 12:21 PM
I cant tell how I feel about these, I think i need to see more pics
Yeah, I assume that this will not be for everyone. This is one way to get closer to the euro look. This is only a option that may be added to the overlays. You can always get it with out.

I will post more pic tonight. These pics were taken from my iPhone. I'll break out my point and shoot Canon tonight.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

they look great, definitely closer to oem euro look.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='1070887' date='Dec 9 2009, 09:56 AM
You can just add this on top of your existing set. No need to get a fresh pair unless you want to have everything new.
Okie dokie.

PM me for invoice? And it's $10, correct?
Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Looks good, matches the chrome in the eyebrow

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Euro Overlay