Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Bumping Threads Banned

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I am a private seller. How is something going to sell if no one can see it? Even using "bumping" or moving my post to the top, no one has purchased my items. If it is 20 pages back it will never get views. When people view an item that has not had a post in weeks or months they assume it is sold or no longer available. When the threads owner posts to it it shows the item is still available.

In my post can I request people viewing it to leave a comment?

The classified section on your site will be garbage with this rule in effect.

Best regards,
Chad

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='719442' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:48 PM
To all Classifieds Posters:

As of today, if you "bump" your thread here in the classifieds sub-forum, the entire thread will be deleted. By bumping your thread we mean your typical "bump" post, in addition to "PM Sent/Replied/Answered" type posts, and any unnecessary "thank you" type postings all of which serve no purpose other than to move the thread in question up. This type of activity clutters up the forum and quickly moves items from private sellers from public view.

In addition, due to the large amount activity as of late, we're thinking to possibly split up the classifieds sub-forum into private sales which would continue to be posted on the main classifieds sub-forum page and create a new "Vendor Sales" related sub-forum for those type of postings. What do you all think?

Finally, by the end of this year, we're thinking of instituting some very basic rules here to hopefully eliminate some of the recent complaints we've been getting.

What do you all think about these issues?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Chad

What do you have posted for sale right now? It may be that there really is no interest in your item or the price is not aggressive enough.

Michael

Originally Posted by CJS545i' post='744032' date='Dec 12 2008, 12:13 PM
Hello,

I am a private seller. How is something going to sell if no one can see it? Even using "bumping" or moving my post to the top, no one has purchased my items. If it is 20 pages back it will never get views. When people view an item that has not had a post in weeks or months they assume it is sold or no longer available. When the threads owner posts to it it shows the item is still available.

In my post can I request people viewing it to leave a comment?

Best regards,
Chad
Old 12-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by myfootsmells' post='744045' date='Dec 12 2008, 09:25 PM
Chad

What do you have posted for sale right now? It may be that there really is no interest in your item or the price is not aggressive enough.

Michael

+1
Old 12-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by CJS545i' post='744032' date='Dec 12 2008, 09:13 PM

Best regards,
Chad

We are NOT a selling platform!

We are a forum for car enthusiasts, where they can discuss everything related to their cars.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Contributors

hehe +1

although, I believe 1 bump per week should be allowed though
Old 01-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Had not been here for a while and wasn't familiar with the new rule. Not sure that I agree with it, but respect it. Anyway, I had a wanted post deleted...so heed warning!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor

Oops, just saw this!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530i 87 325is 85 VW GTI

I thought the spirit of this rule was to stop jbspeed, eurorev, and trinity from having a bump war, not to penalize private sellers.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 1995 M3

I think it's about time this stupid rule is either taken away or modified. What's the point of posting something for sale if it will be lost 10-20 pages back? My only recourse is to re-post the same thing. How is this better then bumping it? One bump every other day is the norm on most other forums I frequent. I cannot see why you can't implement the same rule here. If someone abuses the rule BAN them but don't let a few bad apples ruin the bushel!

BP
Old 06-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Bad Bimr
I think it's about time this stupid rule is either taken away or modified. What's the point of posting something for sale if it will be lost 10-20 pages back? My only recourse is to re-post the same thing. How is this better then bumping it? One bump every other day is the norm on most other forums I frequent. I cannot see why you can't implement the same rule here. If someone abuses the rule BAN them but don't let a few bad apples ruin the bushel!

BP
I agree. With items such as OEM chrome grilles, where the demand is low, it's pretty lucky if you find someone to buy it right away. It might take a bit of time for the right buyer to show up...and then the OEM grilles are already way back...

Quick Reply: Bumping Threads Banned