Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

BRAND NEW- Tag Heuer Men's Link Watch w/ Diamonds

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi

$1700 -- $1000 TAG's BELOW SUGGESTED RETAIL
Old 05-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

I don't mean to crap on your thread, but you might want to look at this. It may affect the price that you are asking.

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by ENstig8or
I don't mean to crap on your thread, but you might want to look at this. It may affect the price that you are asking.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001YOK8I/...SIN=B0001YOK8I
!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Members

I don't think you're "crapping on my thread" at all ... I did my research before deciding to purchase my watch from an Authorized Retailer vs. purchasing a gray market watch from a variety of discount websites such as Amazon, eBay, Authentic Watches, etc. This is why the third sentence of my post reads, "This is an authentic watch unlike the similar listings online, THIS IS NOT A GRAY MARKET WATCH."

You are comparing apples to oranges; these sites are not authorized TAG Heuer E-tailers and the watches they claim are authentic and/or new are not honored by TAG's International Guarantee and are not acknowledged by TAG. I went so far as contacting a certain online vendor claiming the TAGs they sell are "Authentic." They explained why their timepieces are not covered by TAG's warranty, but stopped responding to my e-mails when I asked the source of their timepieces. This is why I was not willing to risk thousands buying one of these questionable watches to save a couple hundred dollars, but that's just me.

The TAG Heuer website warns, "Only the authorized TAG Heuer retailers may offer the TAG Heuer range of Watches & Chronographs and can guarantee that your watch is authentic.

Buying your TAG Heuer watch from an authorized TAG Heuer retailer ensures that you get the full value for your investment. TAG Heuer does not sell authentic TAG Heuer watches on the Web. Therefore, a watch purchased on the Web from any other retailer may be counterfeit, damaged, tampered with, or contain inferior parts."

According to the TAG Heuer website, the only authorized E-tailers are: http://www.tagheuer....dex.lbl?lang=en

I don't see Amazon on this list. However, Jared is on TAG's list and I had my WJ1114 appraised and the authenticity reconfirmed this weekend. I can provide this information. The watches on the links you sent cannot say the same. I suggest requesting the serial number (assuming watch in question still has a serial number) and calling TAG Customer Service (1-866-260-0460) to confirm the watch is authentic and covered by TAG's International Guarantee.

I saw the website you sent before I posted my thread and it has not bearing on what I paid for my watch or what the timepiece is worth, however, I will entertain serious offers for an authentic timepiece. If you want a gray market watch, then I too recommend:
http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B0001YOK8I"><span style=http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B0001YOK8I" /> http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B0001YOK8I">http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B0001YOK8I
!!!

GOOD LUCK
Old 05-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Contributors

Tag's warranty only stay with the original buyer so your piece is just as much a gamble

plus you wont tell us who you bought it from

just because you listed a serial number doesnt mean its not grey market
Old 05-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Members

Either YOU ARE MISTAKEN or you have more knowledge about The TAG International Guarantee than the Manager at the Authorized Retailer where the watch was purchased. I will gladly put a seriously interested party in touch with this manager to alleviate any and all concerns. I reconfirmed last week that there would be no issue registering with piece with a new owner and I belive the response is posted in the thread. The example she gave me is that people buy watches as gifts all the time - the store provides TAG with the buyer's information, but the warranty transfers to the recipient / owner of the watch. She said like a car warranty, it follows the watch until it expires. I don't know that it matters, but I have not yet registered this watch with TAG; I think the store does so at the time of purchase, but I have not called TAG Customer Service to confirm the status.

What is your source of information and I will present this to the manager?!?

You are correct in that, out of professional courtesy I am not going to post the store number in the thread so they can answer a bunch of unnecessary questions for window shoppers. However, the TAG customer service number is posted several times - they too can address any questions regarding warranty AND confirm it is not gray market, based on the serial number. If you have any other requestes that I can do to eliminate any concerns, let me know and I will try to address them - I have nothing to hide. I am only selling this watch to replace it with another TAG that is less like my black diamond LINK.

This is a link to the watch in black that I already own. The link is from Jared (a TAG authorized E-tailer) ... they don't show the pearl version on the website. There is Jared contact info posted at the bottom of the website. I am sure their customer service departmant could also confirm that in this context, that TAG's warranty will apply to the new/second owner.
http://www.jared.com...065.19440.21548
Old 05-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Joesph530
I reconfirmed last week

I think the store does so at the time of purchase, but I have not called TAG Customer Service to confirm the status.
1. U r not revealing where you purchased the watch THREE weeks ago (maybe you bought it from Ebay or Amazon & lucky to be able to get whatever International card the seller threw at you

2. you have time and effort to take it to stores multiple time to reconfirm, but no time & effort to CALL CS to confirm the status while you mentioned the phone number twice? (You also wanted to know if the watch is authentic multimple times meaning you bought somewhere in between of white and black.)

Ummm.....I think I've seen something similar to this...when King of Nigeria kindly sent me an email to ask to buy gold from him
Old 05-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Members

Let me know how that thing works out with the King of Nigeria -- I received a similar email.

As far as my TAG goes ... I hadn't call TAG CS because I would not expect you to take my word for it, thus, I provided ALL the necessary information. Again, don't just take my word for it, but I called and confirmed - so long as the new owner has the International Guarantee Card with numbers that correspond to those on the watch, the warranty will be honored without issue.

I also sent an email to the Authorized Retailer where the watch was purchased to confirm this in writing and will post the responce when it arrives.

What else can I do to ease your concerns? Sometimes, a good deal is just that!

FYI - I have only physically been to the store once (Saturday, May 8). The watch was a phone order and the rest of your questions I presented verbally or via email. I will attach a copy of the Jared replacement evaluation when I have access to my PC.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Contributors

You want to fix this?

Tell us the authorized retailer you bought it from

you have every excuse why you wont so you wont sell it
Old 05-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Members

I doubt the Timepiece Manager at Jared typically appraise "gray market" pieces -- attached is last page of the appraisal summary. Since they did not have a mother-of-pearl link in stock, they used the Jared price of the black version for the retail value ($2600).

I'm still waiting on the e-mail confirmation about the International Guarantee, but proof that the information was requested and is forthcoming ...

To: JDD
Sent: Wed, May 12, 2010 11:48:11 AM
Subject: Re: Attn: Natalie -- Joesph Dykes - Calibre S -

Good Morning Joesph! :-)

Hope you are having a GREAT day!

I just left a message with Corporate to confirm the transfer of the International Guarantee.
Once I have confirmed the answer, I will let you know.

Glad to hear you loved the LINK Claibre S! It really is a great timepiece.
Also, I am going to mail you your manual today via FedEx. No signature is required, I just do not
want it to arrive bent. Should I send to your home address?

Thank you and talk to you soon.

:-) Natalie

Tag Heuer

JDD 05/12/2010 10:14 AM

To
Houston US
cc
Subject
Re: Attn: Natalie -- Joesph Dykes - Calibre S -

Hello Natalie,

As we discussed, please reconfirm that the TAG International Guarantee will transfer to a new owner (in the sale of my WJ1114). There has been some additional concern expressed since we last spoke. I would appreciate it if you would confirm with corporate and respond.

I did try on the LINK Calibre S - and liked it! Once the WJ is gone, the white Calibre S LINK might make a nice addition.

Thanks for everything,

Joesph

Sent from my iPhone
Attached Thumbnails BRAND NEW- Tag Heuer Men&#39;s Link Watch w/ Diamonds-jared-appraisal.jpg  

Quick Reply: BRAND NEW- Tag Heuer Men's Link Watch w/ Diamonds