Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

BMW E60 Genuine //M5 M6 mirror

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 530dA' post='766599' date='Jan 13 2009, 10:37 AM
have you autofolding option with your stock mirrros??
regards,
530dA
I dont have autofolding mirrors either. However, I know that I can get the button added and the car reprogrammed to enable the autofolding functionality.

I wanted to check if the side mirror autodim would just work plug and play, or if it also will require reprogramming to work.

Thanks for all your help 530dA - sorry for so many PMs flying around.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by faisaluk' post='766609' date='Jan 13 2009, 12:14 PM
I dont have autofolding mirrors either. However, I know that I can get the button added and the car reprogrammed to enable the autofolding functionality.

I wanted to check if the side mirror autodim would just work plug and play, or if it also will require reprogramming to work.

Thanks for all your help 530dA - sorry for so many PMs flying around.

Thanks for ordering the //M5 mirrors for RHD for post 9-2005 car.

No problem budy

here some information, this guy lives in the UK and he can programm you folding options and dimming option he is very clever. after you recived the //M mirrors i will give you information he would be glad to try to get your mirros to folding and dimming

here guys i am bissy for you guys some info for folding option maybe???.

i look also in the etk everything door module is the same number for usa and europe cars, only the differn't thing is the folding button in the cars all another modullers are the same numbers with opotion SA430 folding/electrochromatic outside/inside mirrors

Yes zegt:
Europe cars with option SA430 have and door window switch with button usa cars didnt have them till i think 2007 models??

Mc zegt:
is retrofitoption in etk?

Yes zegt:
i don't think

Mc zegt:
there adifference for cars before & after 09/2005

Yes zegt:
yes mirrors after 9/2005 have the BUS systeem, that mean one jacket 3 wires

Yes zegt:
pre 9/2005 have 3 jackets and more wires

Yes zegt:
i think the CPU is in the //m mirrors for cars after 9/2005

Yes zegt:
pre 9/2005 cars have it on the door module i think??

Mc zegt:
before 09/05 you have switch block & drivers door module as seperate units, after only have switch block

Yes zegt:
yes that can be

Mc zegt:
only problem i see is cars before 09/05 will need new switch & posibly door module

Mc zegt:
after 09/05 only new switch

Yes zegt:
switch you mean the one withe the folding button

Mc zegt:
yes

Mc zegt:
gateway module & door module will need recoding though

Yes zegt:
the gateway module thats for cars after 9/2005??

Mc zegt:
only way i see is to add SA430 to VIN with NCS software then let PROGMAN recode for you

Yes zegt:
first buy new door switch than go to?? than go to??

Mc zegt:
the early mirrors are fed from the safety module via the door module & switch

Mc zegt:
the later cars are fed direct from gateway module

Mc zegt:
you will need to check if the door modules are same in etk for cars with or without fold option first

Mc zegt:
also USA guys will need to find someone with NCS Expert & SSS PROGMAN to be able to code them to work on car

Yes zegt:
door modules are the same for usa cars and europe cars for sa430 are the door module the same as for usa cars without sa430

Mc zegt:
yes i just checked

Yes zegt:
the only differn't thing is the door switch module with folding option

Yes zegt:
thats standard on cars with sa 430 europe and uk

Mc zegt:
gateway module & door modules are same with or without SA430 so only new parts will be door switch & mirrors

Mc zegt:
all rest done by programming

Yes zegt:
NCS Expert & SSS PROGMAN to be able to code them to work on car

Mc zegt:
yes

Yes zegt:
and that is what ncs expert ......... have usa dealers that type programing options??

Mc zegt:
ncs to add SA430 to VIN

Mc zegt:
PROGman to code modules correctly

Mc zegt:
no NCS is factory engineer software

Mc zegt:
available on net but need interface like OPS

Mc zegt:
dealers WILL NOT know about NCS

Mcl zegt:
& no option in PROGMAN for retrofit folding mirrors

Yes zegt:
you say there is no option in progman to retrofit folding mirrors sa430??

Mc zegt:
i did see mirror package under conversion but no retrofit folding mirrors

Mc zegt:
next time i connect e60 i will check for you

Yes zegt:
i think there is not an retrofit available for folding mirrors

Yes zegt:
but it muss be to do if you take the same stuf from cars with sa430 that muss be to get work do you think??

Yes zegt:
thanks for helping if you have another solutions you can write me thanks russell

Mc zegt:
yes as long as the modules have folding activated through coding

Mc zegt:
same as e39

Mc zegt:
folding option has to be active in door modules for it to work

Yes zegt:
ive got an e39 my was pretty simple folding button, door modulle passenger side cabele for autodimming from my rear mirror to my //m5 mirrors and everything works easy

Guys hope you can get out more info here

Any Time 530dA
Old 01-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 530dA' post='766621' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:50 AM
here some information, this guy lives in the UK and he can programm you folding options and dimming option he is very clever. after you recived the //M mirrors i will give you information he would be glad to try to get your mirros to folding and dimming
Thanks, that would be appreciated.

I have the number for another guy who also does this based in London. He's not sure about autodim functionality, but can enable autofold.

He said to me over the phone I need to make sure the mirrors are wired into the door module and that I need the switch and module fitted. Question is - I've read some stuff about these door modules, and it seems to me that the post Sep-05 cars have the modules in the mirrors ?? Or the post Sep-05 cars already have the modules fitted, and therefore only need the switch fitted ?

Does anyone know for definite what I'd need to buy on top of the mirrors to get this to work ?

Edit - scrap that. Apparently only US cars dont have the modules fitted. All I should need is the switch (which is about ?80 apprently !)
Old 01-13-2009, 05:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by faisaluk' post='766645' date='Jan 13 2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks, that would be appreciated.

I have the number for another guy who also does this based in London. He's not sure about autodim functionality, but can enable autofold.

He said to me over the phone I need to make sure the mirrors are wired into the door module and that I need the switch and module fitted. Question is - I've read some stuff about these door modules, and it seems to me that the post Sep-05 cars have the modules in the mirrors ?? Or the post Sep-05 cars already have the modules fitted, and therefore only need the switch fitted ?

Does anyone know for definite what I'd need to buy on top of the mirrors to get this to work ?

post sep 2005 cars have the module already in the mirrors thats right, i think you need only buy a new window switch with button to fold, and programm it with: add SA430 to VIN with NCS Expert & SSS PROGMAN to be able to code them to work on car.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Members

530dA:

My dealer here in U.S are dumb and have no clue to enable the autofold function. Do you think it would work if you can get me a set of door modules that have the autofold function already enable?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Phatisfy' post='766722' date='Jan 13 2009, 04:56 PM
530dA:

My dealer here in U.S are dumb and have no clue to enable the autofold function. Do you think it would work if you can get me a set of door modules that have the autofold function already enable?
NO, Only what you need is a brandnew windowswitch, and program it with, what I earlier say:

new window switch with button to fold, and programm it with: add SA430 to VIN with NCS Expert & SSS PROGMAN to be able to code them to work on car. You muss programmed it on the car go look on the Internet for NCS Expert and read topics, you need the OPS with SSS Progman and NCS Expert to programm it, the experts told me that.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Members

I have the switch already ever since I got the mirrors from you . I ask all the BMW service advisors around here,and they said they have no clue. They even emailed BMW direct,and even they had no clue?

If you can ask the expert to give specific step-by-step instructions.I can then take a print out to BMW again and show them again to see if they can try it.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Members

I saw the quote for shipping to america. Whats the price if it was delivered to u.k instead since it should be closer. My spec is RHD silver grey pre 2005 525. shipped to london....primed not painted
Old 01-14-2009, 05:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

M5 mirrors now installed on my E61! Pics included!

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=68842

Thanks again to Seydi for helping make this happen.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='767582' date='Jan 14 2009, 03:00 PM
M5 mirrors now installed on my E61! Pics included!

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=68842

Thanks again to Seydi for helping make this happen.
Hello Patrick,

No thanks buddy, mirrors make the car a absolutly nice look good luck with those mirrors.

Quick Reply: BMW E60 Genuine //M5 M6 mirror