Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

2008 M5 rims only - OEM

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree postings should be civil.
Maybe if the posters stating that seller's price is too high should post links where similar items are priced lower to back up their statements.
That way they wouldnt sound like d1cks and the seller would most likely be motivated to lower his price.
Then again, I do appreciate members questioning seller's price because it gives new guys like myself a ball park figure where the items price should be.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i | Titanium Silver | Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation packages | Style 124 staggered rims | iPod integration | Tinted windows

Agreed. I shouldn't have got involved in this cat fight.
I wish to withdraw my prior comment.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by NextLevel530xi' post='789975' date='Feb 10 2009, 09:49 PM
I just read all pages. The guy might not be the friendliest (if thats how u spell it) But most of you guys are complete D1cks. Seriously even border line retarded. WTF u care about his prices. I dont think people who are selling things need your ppl inputs on their matter. If your not buying or asking a question on the FS stuff then dont write anything. So and so sells if for alot cheaper, or go to ebay. You guys smeared his FS thread into a topic about how people feel about over pricing these days."your a idiot for not listing you price lower cuz we all can buy it cheaper. Wtf do u care about his price being too high. You guys must have no lives. He did Fu*k up because he attacked another seller, but you know it was prolly because he felt cornered. I would have thought someone from ADMIN would have cleaned up his thread for him. Im just saying this cuz one day I might want to sell something and not have you D1ks bash my thread or add your remarks. The first couple posts telling him about other prices is not what i am talking about. Its what you guys did when he didnt care what you guys had to say. The 100+ posts telling everyone how I talked to Gary and... Thats my 0.02 pecos. Jerks
if you start talking about Gary, you probably get some bad comments
Old 02-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by ArchM6' post='785398' date='Feb 4 2009, 09:53 PM
That last line only applied to USE tax, please read carefully. Doesnt matter where you live, you have to pay the state sales tax if you buy from a business that has a tangible place of business / establishment within the state. Gary can not act like www.amazon.com that he can ship out stuff out of state without sales tax. Even Amazon.com who dont have a place of business in most of the states is facing a lot of litigation because they have been denying the states their legitimate revenue....

sales tax and use taxes are two different types of taxes. Right now with almost every state in a budget deficit things can get hairy with this type of business practices....

I haven't been back here in a few days and I must say that this thread has officially become insane. I was very reluctant to post, but I feel I have to in this situation. Here is my example...I purchased my 128 wheels from Gray at BMW of Newport in RI last year. In my discussions with him I asked him about shipping since I live about 40 miles away from the dealership so it is a bit out of the way. After the shipping quote being more than I thought I said to him I would just pick them up some day soon when I was working in my Fall River, MA location since that is only about 10 miles away from Newport. He then said to me well if you have it shipped to Fall River, MA I would not have to pay the sales tax and the shipping would much cheaper. I thought again. I didn't want a 3rd party (UPS) handling my new wheels if I didn't need to and really wanted them that day so I told him that's okay I'll pay the extra $100+ in sales tax since I am impatient and save on not having to pay for shipping. I'll be down today to pick them up.

So anyway, you are wrong in your interpretation of the law. I'm giving you my personal BMW/Gary story as an example, but I could also give you plenty of examples based on my own business. Whenever I am shipping to another state where I have a retail location I have to charge the buyer sales tax. If my company does not have a retail location in that state we do not charge that customer tax. It's a little more complicated than that, but that is the law in the simplest explanation.

Okay, now I'm finished. After this post I refuse to continue this...what was this thread originally about?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='790261' date='Feb 11 2009, 09:42 AM
I haven't been back here in a few days and I must say that this thread has officially become insane. I was very reluctant to post, but I feel I have to in this situation. Here is my example...I purchased my 128 wheels from Gray at BMW of Newport in RI last year. In my discussions with him I asked him about shipping since I live about 40 miles away from the dealership so it is a bit out of the way. After the shipping quote being more than I thought I said to him I would just pick them up some day soon when I was working in my Fall River, MA location since that is only about 10 miles away from Newport. He then said to me well if you have it shipped to Fall River, MA I would not have to pay the sales tax and the shipping would much cheaper. I thought again. I didn't want a 3rd party (UPS) handling my new wheels if I didn't need to and really wanted them that day so I told him that's okay I'll pay the extra $100+ in sales tax since I am impatient and save on not having to pay for shipping. I'll be down today to pick them up.

So anyway, you are wrong in your interpretation of the law. I'm giving you my personal BMW/Gary story as an example, but I could also give you plenty of examples based on my own business. Whenever I am shipping to another state where I have a retail location I have to charge the buyer sales tax. If my company does not have a retail location in that state we do not charge that customer tax. It's a little more complicated than that, but that is the law in the simplest explanation.

Okay, now I'm finished. After this post I refuse to continue this...what was this thread originally about?

buddy, what you are talking about is "only"partially right....you should read more about the concept of Nexus and Public Law 86-272 before understanding any of these state laws..as someone said before "its all in the fine print"......If Gary is selling wheels from his dealership without sales tax, some day he is bound to get audited and you know what happens when people get audited, right?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

You guys are not d1kz...I was just ranting, I am SORRY. It just took someone who wasnt apart of the discussion to see what ppl were doing to his post.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

And: BTT please!

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='790677' date='Feb 11 2009, 05:42 PM
And: BTT please!

Thanks!
BTT?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Back To Topic... the sale...
Wrong place for such discussions.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NextLevel530xi' post='790298' date='Feb 11 2009, 07:42 AM
You guys are not d1kz...I was just ranting, I am SORRY. It just took someone who wasnt apart of the discussion to see what ppl were doing to his post.
Should have read the thread a bit more imo before your rant. Most people didn't really lay into him until he started bad mouthing good people on this board. I could care less what he wanted to sell his rims at.

Bashing people about their offers didn't help his case either....

The guy is an idiot in my book based solely on his own actions....

Glad he sold his wheels. Wish he'd find a new place to kill his time, but I find some entertainment value in him, so no big deal either way.....

Quick Reply: 2008 M5 rims only - OEM