Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

2008 M5 rims only - OEM

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rhode Island's sales tax rate is 7 percent.
Rhode Island joined a national coalition of states in conforming the Rhode Island Sales and Use Tax Law to the provisions of the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement (SSUTA). The SSUTA was developed over the course of several years through the joint effort of over 40 states participating in the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Project. The underlying purpose of the agreement is to simplify and modernize the administration of the sales and use tax laws of the member states in order to facilitate multi-state tax administration and compliance. The provisions of the new law took effect Jan. 1, 2007.
Rhode Island also collects a corresponding use tax at the same rate. When you make a purchase of tangible personal property outside of Rhode Island's taxing jurisdiction and the purchase is destined for storage, use or consumption in Rhode Island, it is subject to the use tax.
===

If gary is not charging sales tax (as someone mentioned on this thread before) on these sales then he might just be in trouble. The RI department of revenue will not be very happy with this...
Old 02-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

[quote name='ArchM6' date='Feb 4 2009, 07:46 PM' post='785255']
Rhode Island joined a national coalition of states in conforming the Rhode Island Sales and Use Tax Law to the provisions of the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement (SSUTA). The SSUTA was developed over the course of several years through the joint effort of over 40 states participating in the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Project. The underlying purpose of the agreement is to simplify and modernize the administration of the sales and use tax laws of the member states in order to facilitate multi-state tax administration and compliance. The provisions of the new law took effect Jan. 1, 2007.
Rhode Island also collects a corresponding use tax at the same rate. When you make a purchase of tangible personal property outside of Rhode Island's taxing jurisdiction and the purchase is destined for storage, use or consumption in Rhode Island, it is subject to the use tax.
===

are you charging tax also?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by ArchM6' post='785255' date='Feb 4 2009, 06:46 PM
===

If gary is not charging sales tax (as someone mentioned on this thread before) on these sales then he might just be in trouble. The RI department of revenue will not be very happy with this...
Hey buddy I live in RI. I know the law since I make out of state purchases all the time. (I live 5 miles away from the MA border) This law only applies if you live in RI. I have purchased many cars in Massachusetts and since their sales tax is 5% I have to pay the extra 2% sales tax. Same thing if I buy a TV at Best Buy in MA and have it delivered to my house in RI then I have to pay RI sales tax. You should read your quote of a law before you post it to make your point...

Old 02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='785320' date='Feb 4 2009, 08:07 PM
Hey buddy I live in RI. I know the law since I make out of state purchases all the time. (I live 5 miles away from the MA border) This law only applies if you live in RI. I have purchased many cars in Massachusetts and since their sales tax is 5% I have to pay the extra 2% sales tax. Same thing if I buy a TV at Best Buy in MA and have it delivered to my house in RI then I have to pay RI sales tax. You should read your quote of a law before you post it to make your point...

That last line only applied to USE tax, please read carefully. Doesnt matter where you live, you have to pay the state sales tax if you buy from a business that has a tangible place of business / establishment within the state. Gary can not act like www.amazon.com that he can ship out stuff out of state without sales tax. Even Amazon.com who dont have a place of business in most of the states is facing a lot of litigation because they have been denying the states their legitimate revenue....

sales tax and use taxes are two different types of taxes. Right now with almost every state in a budget deficit things can get hairy with this type of business practices....
Old 02-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by ArchM6' post='785398' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:53 PM
That last line only applied to USE tax, please read carefully. Doesnt matter where you live, you have to pay the state sales tax if you buy from a business that has a tangible place of business / establishment within the state. Gary can not act like www.amazon.com that he can ship out stuff out of state without sales tax. Even Amazon.com who dont have a place of business in most of the states is facing a lot of litigation because they have been denying the states their legitimate revenue....

sales tax and use taxes are two different types of taxes. Right now with almost every state in a budget deficit things can get hairy with this type of business practices....
if he does or doesn't whats the point man? this is the classifieds section anyone can ask prices, compared etc etc. for what I seen you are not Contributing to this Forum, only selling, you need to be on the vendors section dude
Old 02-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

why is even RI tax being argued in this thread....

and on top of it...why is Gary's business practices being questioned? He's been a member here since 2005 providing countless members with great service and prices. Obliviously he's doing something right....don't be the guy to even try and take that away or jeopardize that.....

as stated by other members, your price is a bit high....you can either

A) hold out and hope someone gives you your asking price

drop your price a bit to be more competitive

again...GL with your sale ArchM6....I'm done bumping your thread

should follow my own advice here:

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='781828' date='Jan 31 2009, 09:44 AM
like another wheel thread where members seem to continue to bash the seller for high prices....

the flaming continues to bump the sellers there which is really counter productive IMO, we've all said his price is already too high...let this thread sit for a week or 2, get buried in the classified section, and hopefully the OP will come realize the wheels are overpriced and have to bump his own thread via price drop...
)
Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Senior Members

well i thought if buyer is from outside of state, state tax does not apply....

doesnt matter...

i guess he really doesnt want to sell them quickly...

and dont worry i already have m166 and if i really want them i will buy it from seller that dont rebutt whatever other members said
Old 02-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ArchM6' post='785255' date='Feb 4 2009, 03:46 PM
===

You're an idiot....

That's my free bump for you. good luck with your sale...
Old 02-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Fugs' post='785524' date='Feb 5 2009, 12:36 AM
You're an idiot....

That's my free bump for you. good luck with your sale...

No Sh**....! ha ha...I dont really care if I sell the rims so yes, the price will not be lowered.....

for the person who doesnt understand why RI's sales tax law is argued here is to make the point that purchasing the rims new from Gary will be 1590 + shipping + RI Sales tax = 1850 approx, my price $1500 and they are yes, not in box but new.....

Gary has been providing great service if you say so, I have never dealt with him....but he is definitely not doing it the right way...IFF he is not charging sales tax.....so yes, you cant avoid sales taxes, no matter where you are buying from ......

and thank you all for the free bumps and the kind words (see the quote above) ..keep truckin!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Fugs' post='785524
No Sh**....! ha ha...I dont really care if I sell the rims so yes, the price will not be lowered.....

for the person who doesnt understand why RI's sales tax law is argued here is to make the point that purchasing the rims new from Gary will be 1590 + shipping + RI Sales tax = 1850 approx, my price $1500 and they are yes, not in box but new.....

Gary has been providing great service if you say so, I have never dealt with him....but he is definitely not doing it the right way...IFF he is not charging sales tax.....so yes, you cant avoid sales taxes, no matter where you are buying from ......

and thank you all for the free bumps and the kind words (see the quote above) ..keep truckin!
Garry has been providing 100% true BMW parts and accessories to the forum members. For you to argue the RI sales tax shows your "incompetence" in a) sales and b) customer service and satisfaction.

What Fugs said... I hope you get stuck with the wheels.

Quick Reply: 2008 M5 rims only - OEM