Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

20" IFORGED FABOULOUS MINT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
I noticed you purchased your wheels June 2009, but how can they be used for about 7 months? Just curious...

http://forums.5serie...__1#entry915278
I brought up earlier in this thread with the OP's response:

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
6 months bro? how about closer to 1 year: http://forums.5serie...__1#entry915278

+1 for listing a price
GLWS

Originally Posted by buckwildx22
the rims were only on my car for less than 6 months. ive had them off my car while debating for a new car

for the old timer's, this FS thread might be as epic as westcoast550's TF thread
Old 06-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this thread was actually started by GENEaTALS to teach everyone how to use the search function in people's profiles.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

lol the rims teh reason they are only 7 months old is because they have been sitting in my garage. ive had them for about a year but took them off my car. ill take some pics of each wheel and clean them up. i think the lack of pictures are killing my sale.

pics up soon!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

Im with buckwildx22 on this one. I sold rims off my a4 a couple months back and everyone doesnt understand why I wouldnt drop another 200-400 off my already LOW LISTED SALE PRICE for a custom 3-piece wheel set.

BOTTOM LINE: IF YOU OWN A BMW AND YOU ARE MODDING THE CAR THEN APPERENTLY YOU ARE NOT BROKE, JUST CHEAP... If you are broke and cannot spring for another $300 or so then blame YOURSELF for a BAD financial decision in purchasing a BMW and stretching your money too thin... If people cannot see the UNBELIEVABLE value of purchasing next to new 20" wheels (whether 1yr or 7 months old) then I feel sorry for you and the financial decisions you will continue to make in the future...

STOP LOW BALLING, QUIT HATING A FELLOW MEMBER.

Good luck with your sale bud.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 5e60er
Im with buckwildx22 on this one. I sold rims off my a4 a couple months back and everyone doesnt understand why I wouldnt drop another 200-400 off my already LOW LISTED SALE PRICE for a custom 3-piece wheel set.

BOTTOM LINE: IF YOU OWN A BMW AND YOU ARE MODDING THE CAR THEN APPERENTLY YOU ARE NOT BROKE, JUST CHEAP... If you are broke and cannot spring for another $300 or so then blame YOURSELF for a BAD financial decision in purchasing a BMW and stretching your money too thin... If people cannot see the UNBELIEVABLE value of purchasing next to new 20" wheels (whether 1yr or 7 months old) then I feel sorry for you and the financial decisions you will continue to make in the future...

STOP LOW BALLING, QUIT HATING A FELLOW MEMBER.

Good luck with your sale bud.
good looking bro. im sick of all these people on the forum that DONT EVEN OWN BMW'S telling me y my rims are too much.!!! my price is a great price and i will prove that by posting new pics soon. i understand that this is a buyers markets and not a sellers but that doesnt mean keep bashing on a DOPE set of rims until the price drops. 50% off is a great price on any used item. item will be up for sale till the end of the month. thanks for looking
Old 06-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530 Titanium Silver Sport/Premium PKG OEM Mtech Kit

Posting current pics and your wheels is your best bet. Alot of members here and including myself offered you $2300 for your wheels but you never took it ahile back...and I moved on and bought another set even thought I wanted your wheels. Everyone will still want to bagain with your price because every seller/buyer wants to feel confident that they are both getting the deal they want. You should have just post them for $2500 and sold it for $2400/2300 and both parties would have been happy. Post your AD on craiglist as well....I have called numerous ads on craigslist about wheels for E60 and were sold within a day. GLWS
Old 06-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Contributors

No one is bashing on your wheels or your price. If anything, people are questioning why your wheels have been listed so many times, why numerous people have gone to see them and they still have not been sold. On top of that, we wanted to clarify for any potential buyers the discrepancies of your listing details. Why couldn't you be upfront and say they were USED for 7 months and then stored instead of saying they were 7 months old? At this point it just sounds like you made that up to cover yourself. If you can't even describe the wheels accurately until you're being called out, then what is stopping you from not disclosing anything else? That is where I, and other members have a problem.

If you look at the classifieds, there were a few sets of wheels priced higher and listed waaay after yours but sold fairly quick. Do some research and ask yourself how those listings differ from yours and what you can do to change to get the job done.

Most if not all of the posting members are BMW owners, and active members. Ironically, didn't you sell your BMW and fall under the category of those that "don't even own bmw's?"

If anything, we're rooting for you to sell the wheels, at least I am, but my at this point, I want them to sell because I'm tired of seeing this thread. Good luck, honestly.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

yea i guess i could have written a detailed post but im just not that savy when it comes to those things. i really didnt see any issue regarding the age of the rims. in my head they are 7 months old because thaats how long i had them on my car. looking at my first post when i put these rims are... you're right they are about a year old this month.

p.s i still have my e60
Old 06-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by buckwildx22
yea i guess i could have written a detailed post but im just not that savy when it comes to those things. i really didnt see any issue regarding the age of the rims. in my head they are 7 months old because thaats how long i had them on my car. looking at my first post when i put these rims are... you're right they are about a year old this month.

p.s i still have my e60

The thing about the age is: Even though you're not driving on the rims and tires, they are being stored right? If they are stored standing up the tires can develop flat spots and need replacing, and any way you store them they are subject to dry rot (see the Swiss wheels situation xenonrider went through) the longer they are stored the less likely the tires are to be in good condition.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

Originally Posted by pjinca
The thing about the age is: Even though you're not driving on the rims and tires, they are being stored right? If they are stored standing up the tires can develop flat spots and need replacing, and any way you store them they are subject to dry rot (see the Swiss wheels situation xenonrider went through) the longer they are stored the less likely the tires are to be in good condition.
this is very true....

its all about full disclosure, full transparency

i think you're afraid to list all the details (all of them) about the wheels, offering a paper trail so to speak, which will hinder your selling price...
i just sold iforged wheels with pirelli tires for 1100, i bought them for 1200, that guy priced that way for a reason...its not my place to dupe someone even though they were in great condition, and tires were like new...the bottom line is...i listed every detail possible about the wheels with pictures, had 6 responses, and the first one got the wheels...my pics of each wheel were so big they didnt fit on a 22" screen...

when a buyer sees you have nothing to hide and are saying everything possible, they are LESS LIKELY to object to your price.

you've had your price fluctuate all over the place without a single set of photos showing condition of the wheels and tire tread, i mean...cmon...

Quick Reply: 20" IFORGED FABOULOUS MINT!