Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

20" IFORGED FABOULOUS MINT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
I think everyone is getting confused about how to discount. A value on used items cannot be based on the retail "new" price. As soon as wheels are mounted they are used and cannot be resold for anywhere near the new price. They only decrease in price with every mile, nick, scuff, scratch and bend.
true. good thing my rims are still in mint condition
Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

used=used

unless it's a rare/limited style and/or wheel like BBS LM champ editions, mint or not there is still some depreciation to factor in as well as looking at the current market...

did you sell the rims?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

can i ask an honest question...
is that 300 really worth THAT much to you?
at the end of the day, is that 300 the reason why you would keep your car?
you wouldnt sell your car and wheels and move on because of $300?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

^^every dollar counts, he has already discounted them heavily from his original price, another 300 is a big jump from the original price. I hope the seller stays firm at $2300 as that is a veryyyy fair price
Old 06-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

best thread EVER lol

i call it 'a man and his rims'
Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

lol wsup guys wow i cant believe i havent sold these rims yet. lets clear some things up here. yes my price is FIRM. it isnt the fact that its only 300 bucks. its the fact that im going to buy rims again and i need all the cash when i get my new car. i know the value of these rims. yes they are used for about 7 months but they are MINT! now i understand this is a buyers and not a sellers market dont get me wrong, but 2300 is a fair price. stop pm'ing me people asking me if there are any bends or scratches or dings because there isnt! this is telling me that people think theres something wrong with my rims because the price is so LOW. they are MINTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. ne ways just wanted to get my thoughts out. now stop low balling =)
Old 06-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Contributors

5,258 views and the rims havent been sold!
Awesome thread.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530 Titanium Silver Sport/Premium PKG OEM Mtech Kit

Originally Posted by buckwildx22
lol wsup guys wow i cant believe i havent sold these rims yet. lets clear some things up here. yes my price is FIRM. it isnt the fact that its only 300 bucks. its the fact that im going to buy rims again and i need all the cash when i get my new car. i know the value of these rims. yes they are used for about 7 months but they are MINT! now i understand this is a buyers and not a sellers market dont get me wrong, but 2300 is a fair price. stop pm'ing me people asking me if there are any bends or scratches or dings because there isnt! this is telling me that people think theres something wrong with my rims because the price is so LOW. they are MINTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. ne ways just wanted to get my thoughts out. now stop low balling =)
Start a new Ad and maybe people will have the confidence of pucrhasing your wheels...There is alot of confusion in here, good and bad and you might want to post actual pics. I myself was sceptical on wanting ur wheels and moved on to another set after reading all the post and replies but it is a great deal only if you make your buyers confident enought to shell out $2300. Just helping out....GLWS
Old 06-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by buckwildx22
I noticed you purchased your wheels June 2009, but how can they be used for about 7 months? Just curious...

https://5series.net/forums/topic/793..._1#entry915278

Originally Posted by svtla
Start a new Ad and maybe people will have the confidence of pucrhasing your wheels...There is alot of confusion in here, good and bad and you might want to post actual pics. I myself was sceptical on wanting ur wheels and moved on to another set after reading all the post and replies but it is a great deal only if you make your buyers confident enought to shell out $2300. Just helping out....GLWS
I think it will hurt him even more if he starts ANOTHER FS thread. I think 1 feeler and 4 separate FS threads is enough for 1 set of wheels.

A better approach would be to take individual photos of each wheel, as well as close ups of ANY minor or major defects. GL.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

So what happened with the buyer that went to see them last Friday? Didn't we have our fingers crossed (mainly so we stop seeing this thread), seems there is something wrong if all these people have been to see them and they haven't sold yet.

+1 on what redEYE said, seems like the FS threads for these wheels have been around like 10 years now

Quick Reply: 20" IFORGED FABOULOUS MINT!