Press Articles & Your Comments Post links to 5 Series related magazine articles along with your commentary.

E60 - Number 8 in U.K. Customer Satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 530d Touring, May 2004

My experience is the BMW dealer has been less helpful and less effective than any previous marque - other owners have also reported problems often driving some distance to find an acceptable service
Old 12-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by new-kid' post='214611' date='Dec 22 2005, 10:01 PM
My experience is the BMW dealer has been less helpful and less effective than any previous marque - other owners have also reported problems often driving some distance to find an acceptable service
Indeed. They aren't 'clued-up' enough in this 21st century technology! It appears to me they are still trying to appeal to the customer with too much money that just takes things lying down... (Sir, would you like a coffee? doesn't cut it for me!)

It frustrates me that I know more than they do! (Ok, this forum helps...)
Old 12-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by swajames' post='214456
Originally Posted by Markymark' post='214449' date='Dec 22 2005, 06:22 PM

Sorry, but you Brits also loved your Austins etc. other shitty cars,
so you do not really have quality cars in your blood (especially German ones).

In the Scandinavian countries BMW is number one in Customer Satisfactory.
Good point - I'd forgotten about the strong history, traditions and quality cars produced by the Finnish car industry
[/quote]

You are of course correct you do have a strong history and tradition for building complete crap, uh lets see anything by British Leyland, how about the allegro, the princess or how about those quality cars like the MG Maestro or the Ital. It took the japanese to come in and show you how to half build cars and even then you guy's managed to screw it up! Any manufacterer today that build cars in the UK have mamoth quality issues, Peugeot, Mini, Nissan and even Toyota. However some nice designs just build them elsewhere.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Markymark' post='214449' date='Dec 22 2005, 11:22 AM
I love mine; that's all that counts to me. But, it would be nice if BMW did well/better in all the satisfaction type rankings.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by mr_grinche' post='214678' date='Dec 22 2005, 04:26 PM
You are of course correct you do have a strong history and tradition for building complete crap, uh lets see anything by British Leyland, how about the allegro, the princess or how about those quality cars like the MG Maestro or the Ital. It took the japanese to come in and show you how to half build cars and even then you guy's managed to screw it up! Any manufacterer today that build cars in the UK have mamoth quality issues, Peugeot, Mini, Nissan and even Toyota. However some nice designs just build them elsewhere.

Back on topic, the E60 did very well here - 8th out of 100 cars listed, and the top car in class. The 3 series came in 40th. I think this was a very positive result for the E60.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

I bet you think Bentley, Rolls, Aston Martin, Mclaren, Noble, Ascari etc etc etc are all crap too?

We still make some of the best cars in the world and tbh Aston Martin alone should be a giant flaw in your arguement.

Designed and built in britain.... by british people and it is the prettiest and classiest car in the world.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Originally Posted by JayJay' post='215043' date='Dec 23 2005, 03:29 PM
I bet you think Bentley, Rolls, Aston Martin, Mclaren, Noble, Ascari etc etc etc are all crap too?

We still make some of the best cars in the world and tbh Aston Martin alone should be a giant flaw in your arguement.

Designed and built in britain.... by british people and it is the prettiest and classiest car in the world.

Spot on JayJay. Also add Jaguar, Caterham, Morgan and Lotus to the list as well!

Old 12-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

And rangerover / landrover

and i stupidly forgot TVR
Old 12-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by JayJay' post='215043' date='Dec 23 2005, 11:29 PM

Bentley -- VW Germany; Rolls -- BMW Germany; Aston Martin - Ford USA; McClaren -- Mer Germany; Noble -- Switzerland; Ascari -- Italy

if you had said TVR you would have right, great design, great power completely unreliable

Range Rover -- Ford and unreliable even still; Jag -- Ford USA; Caterham jap engined; Lotus -- Malaysia arent they owned by hyundai now

Morgan great car!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Contributors

Apart from stating the obvious about who ultimately NOW owns these companies, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. These are primarily UK designed and UK built, and remain essentially British in soul and spirit. It's not like the industry in Ireland is any better. This is a feature of the global economy, and international investment or cross-investment. Does anyone seriously suggest that Lamborghini aren't Italian despite being owned by VW? I for one am glad that the major US and German companies invested in the UK industry, and by and large the cars are much better as a result. FWIW TVR is now owned by a (young) guy from Russia. And Morgan are using the BMW 4.4L V8 in the Aero 8.

Also, take a look at how many top F1 teams are based in the UK, with cars engineered and designed in the UK.

Quick Reply: E60 - Number 8 in U.K. Customer Satisfaction