Press Articles & Your Comments Post links to 5 Series related magazine articles along with your commentary.

E60 - Number 8 in U.K. Customer Satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Titanium Silver 2004 525i, style 116 alloys,

Warning large (88 Mb) file:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/website/?ae_d...riverpower2005/
Old 12-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Markymark' post='214449' date='Dec 22 2005, 06:22 PM

Sorry, but you Brits also loved your Austins etc. other shitty cars,
so you do not really have quality cars in your blood (especially German ones).

In the Scandinavian countries BMW is number one in Customer Satisfactory.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='214455

Sorry, but you Brits also loved your Austins etc. other shitty cars,
so you do not really have quality cars in your blood (especially German ones).

In the Scandinavian countries BMW is number one in Customer Satisfactory.
[/quote]

Good point - I'd forgotten about the strong history, traditions and quality cars produced by the Finnish car industry
Old 12-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Markymark' post='214449' date='Dec 22 2005, 04:22 PM
Pretty annoyed with my local dealership at the moment. Well, actually the 'stupid' people that have to greet you as you walk in - I'm quite capable of walking 2 metres to the service desk on my own! (And NO I don't want a coffee as I'm booking my car in for a service or another warranty fix!!!)
Old 12-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by colejl' post='214492
Pretty annoyed with my local dealership at the moment. Well, actually the 'stupid' people that have to greet you as you walk in - I'm quite capable of walking 2 metres to the service desk on my own! (And NO I don't want a coffee as I'm booking my car in for a service or another warranty fix!!!)
[/quote]

Of course you want coffee - thats how you get something back from them for free. I also love the bmw cups with ergonmically angled handle. Must steal one next visit
Old 12-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

[/quote]
Good point - I'd forgotten about the strong history, traditions and quality cars produced by the Finnish car industry
[/quote]

I'll give you the Saab 900 Turbo Cabriolet, Porsche Boxter and now all the Porsche Cayman's
All manufactured in Uusikaupunki, Finland.

Well, we know that the one cannot be satisfied if the dealer is not up to their task,
and that happens a lot.

I know for a fact, that BMW is now transfering more and more of the responsibility to
the dealers, both economical and service...
Old 12-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='214498' date='Dec 22 2005, 10:35 AM

I'll give you the Saab 900 Turbo Cabriolet, Porsche Boxter and now all the Porsche Cayman's
All manufactured in Uusikaupunki, Finland.
OK - but they're not exactly Finnish companies (or even originally Finnish companies) though!
Old 12-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Contributors

[/quote]
OK - but they're not exactly Finnish companies (or even originally Finnish companies) though!
[/quote]

Of course not, "only" assembly, but still good a job.

We had such a handful to keep the USSR (the Russians) from invading the Scandinavia in the early
part of the 20th century that nobody had time to build anything but guns...

But anyway...
Old 12-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d

Originally Posted by Markymark' post='214449' date='Dec 22 2005, 05:22 PM
And Number 1 in France... Who do you believe now !!!!! And MB is last.... Well, that's a bit strange.... Maybe linked to recent problems with E series....??? Anyway, who cares ????

http://www.journalauto.com/infos/article.a...1920&idchaine=5
Old 12-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='214496
Originally Posted by Markymark' post='214449' date='Dec 22 2005, 04:22 PM
Of course you want coffee - thats how you get something back from them for free. I also love the bmw cups with ergonmically angled handle. Must steal one next visit
[/quote]
Some people love this sort of treatment. But I'm not 58, have a cap on my parcel-shelf and smoke a pipe!

It's actually even worse if you phone in. You ask for servicing and they always say, "Is it to book an appointment sir?". Now what's the difference? One service desk manned with 3 people (on a very good day!)... Whatever I answer seems to make no noticeable difference anyway!

Then there was the time I had an argument with the 'receptionist' over the phone. I'd left the dealership and got home but needed to ring in. I phoned and asked for 'Mark' and they insisted he had never been in! "Look I was sitting in front of him 10 minutes ago!!!!!!!" The goon was sitting at the wrong desk! (All the desks have name tags with silly titles, like "Senior Servicing Executive" and "New Car Senior Sales Co-ordinator")

Quick Reply: E60 - Number 8 in U.K. Customer Satisfaction