Press Articles & Your Comments Post links to 5 Series related magazine articles along with your commentary.

Bimmer Mag Tests 545 6spd

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 04:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Sorry guys, I did not forget. I can't get it smaller than 2.2mb (7 pages)while making it still legible. Those that have emailed me directly, I have forwarded it to you. I see the limit here is 1mb. If you tell me how to do it I will.
Otherwise email me and I will respond with an attachment.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:05 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe a zip file?
Old 08-19-2004, 05:14 AM
Zipping PDF is ...

mostly worthless.

Regards
Old 08-19-2004, 07:13 AM
Members

Kudos for sharing the article_ surprised at only 5.7 to 60 though ... my old 540 hit that easy
Old 08-19-2004, 07:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

I think they just quoted the BMW brochure numbers because there was not much mention of it in the article.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Senior Members

I was a little disapointed with the article. It did the same old Bangle and iDrive bashing. Car and Driver is still doing it as well, in this months issue they say the control of an iPod is much better than the iDrive and BMW should have hired Apple instead of Microsoft.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...6&page_number=1

I am really getting tired of hearing about it.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Member545' date='Aug 19 2004, 09:24 AM
I was a little disapointed with the article. It did the same old Bangle and iDrive bashing. Car and Driver is still doing it as well, in this months issue they say the control of an iPod is much better than the iDrive and BMW should have hired Apple instead of Microsoft.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...6&page_number=1

I am really getting tired of hearing about it.
At this point I must believe that BMW either cut the ad budget for these mags or did something to upset someone, because after owning and experiencing this car I simply don't agree that Idrive is "confounding" and that the styling is an issue.

Its hard to put into words that haven't been said (or twisted) enough time and time again, but, anyone who has ever seen my car loves it and people on the street do stop and admire. Perhaps these writers have been courted by the competition or just loved the E39 so dang much they are in complete denial??? When will we ever get to the acceptance stage?

I'm thinking we should start our own enthusiasts magazine - there are a few good writers here (I for one have a degree in journalism). Let's start a magazine about detailing, mods, tips and tricks, real world reviews and opinion polls....much of this we accomplish daily on this board...

probably taking this waaaay too seriously but I'm frustrated
Old 08-19-2004, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by joe540' date='Aug 19 2004, 09:59 AM
At this point I must believe that BMW either cut the ad budget for these mags or did something to upset someone, because after owning and experiencing this car I simply don't agree that Idrive is "confounding" and that the styling is an issue.
Haha, yeah, I tend to agree.. I was actually quite intimidated the first time I experienced I-drive as a result of all the media bashing of BMW's system...

any more conspiracy theories? haha.. j/k..

I just think the testers should be give a bit more time to fiddle with it perhaps.....

And should anyone decide to start a magazine, I am willing to be a freelance writer.....
Old 08-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Initialdl' date='Aug 19 2004, 10:24 AM
[quote name='joe540' date='Aug 19 2004, 09:59 AM'] At this point I must believe that BMW either cut the ad budget for these mags or did something to upset someone, because after owning and experiencing this car I simply don't agree that Idrive is "confounding" and that the styling is an issue.
Haha, yeah, I tend to agree.. I was actually quite intimidated the first time I experienced I-drive as a result of all the media bashing of BMW's system...

any more conspiracy theories? haha.. j/k..

I just think the testers should be give a bit more time to fiddle with it perhaps.....

And should anyone decide to start a magazine, I am willing to be a freelance writer..... [/quote]
I'd love to start-up a rag, but I don't have access to large capital (not sure what the costs would be or the real benefits). I do think that the rags that are out now do not have enough good info for folks like us who like detailing and fiddling...You could probably get plenty of advertisers form the car detailing arena to bite at something like this.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Contributors

Please, anyone asking for the article to be email to them, include your email address. When you send an email through this forum it does not include your email address.

Quick Reply: Bimmer Mag Tests 545 6spd