Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Z4 M at Top Gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by endeavour_uk' post='291443
He's just an old cock full of preconceptions imo.
His column in the Times doesn't really bear this out, he does really quite like the Z4M.

"The thing is, though: it did work with the Z4. This was a car that, quite simply, came too soon. Because now, when I see one, I think it's a striking crisp and modern effort; much nicer to behold than the Mercedes SLK and a million times better than the push-me-pull-you Porsche Boxster."

"And that's what this car is all about, actually. Contrary to what I'd been expecting, it's not a balls out, hunkered down M3. It's not a Patriot missile built to bring down the AMG Scud. It's a fast and comfortable cruiser; closer in spirit and character to the Jaguar XK. On that basis I think the price is good, the looks are good, the hood is good, the engine is good. My complaints are few and small. As usual with BMW, I loathed the idiotic sat nav system, the fuel tank is far too small, and there's a bit too much buffeting when you put the roof down and go really fast. This car, then, is not vodka and cranberry juice. And nor is it Baileys and lime juice. It's a well made, carefully prepared, slow and very comfortable screw up against the wall."
Old 06-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='291606' date='Jun 2 2006, 07:29 PM
His column in the Times doesn't really bear this out, he does really quite like the Z4M.

"The thing is, though: it did work with the Z4. This was a car that, quite simply, came too soon. Because now, when I see one, I think it's a striking crisp and modern effort; much nicer to behold than the Mercedes SLK and a million times better than the push-me-pull-you Porsche Boxster."

"And that's what this car is all about, actually. Contrary to what I'd been expecting, it's not a balls out, hunkered down M3. It's not a Patriot missile built to bring down the AMG Scud. It's a fast and comfortable cruiser; closer in spirit and character to the Jaguar XK. On that basis I think the price is good, the looks are good, the hood is good, the engine is good. My complaints are few and small. As usual with BMW, I loathed the idiotic sat nav system, the fuel tank is far too small, and there's a bit too much buffeting when you put the roof down and go really fast. This car, then, is not vodka and cranberry juice. And nor is it Baileys and lime juice. It's a well made, carefully prepared, slow and very comfortable screw up against the wall."
Yes exactly. Even he doesn't know what he thinks or say...on one hand he thinks it's good lokking, crisp, modern, on the other it's very ugly. And the review he had about the performance parts...lol...how much different can you get from what Richard Hammond said about it (as being row, untamed,beastly chilli like and so on...)
Old 06-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Originally Posted by heezy545i' post='291394' date='Jun 2 2006, 12:55 AM
If you don't want to download the whole episode, you can watch it here
http://youtube.com/watch?v=L5mFe3cLL...rch=top%20gear

All the other segments from that episode should be on youtube as well.

Impressive car
Old 07-03-2006, 11:14 AM
GPS
Contributors

an impressive car and great value for money