Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

What is BMW Individual?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. This may be a dumb newbie question, but I've had my 5er for all of two days, so forgive my ignorance. What exactly is BMW Individual? Can anyone order a car with BMW Individual options and paint/trim schemes? Is this only available for non-US market? Thanks for any info you have!
Old 02-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Senior Members

if you are in the us of a, no luck .
Old 02-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Feb 6 2005, 11:13 PM
if you are in the us of a, no luck .
[snapback]87447[/snapback]
What's the reason for the shut out on the American market?
Old 02-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sanjuro' date='Feb 7 2005, 03:43 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Feb 6 2005, 11:13 PM']if you are in the us of a, no luck .
[snapback]87459[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm not really sure, but I've heard a couple of things . . .
- It's one more f***-up by BMWNA
- US consumer protection laws allow customers to break a car deal at any time before delivery, and since these are custom build cars, dealers don't want to be stuck with a one-off car.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Senior Members

I think hinckley has hit the nail on the head with the US consumer protection laws issue. You can order some outlandish colour combinations with Individual and no dealer is going to want to be stuck with a very personalised car.

You can see a taste of what Individual can offer here at BMW Individual website

Individual cannot be retrofitted and is only available on new factory order cars. It is sold in 3 levels - Equipment packages 1, 2 & 3. Eq 1 is the highest level and includes all interior surfaces (dashboard, doors, seat backs and facings, sunvisors etc) trimmed in leather with special dash trim options such as Piano gloss black. It also includes an alcantara headliner and BMW Individual alloy wheels. You can also specify an Individual exterior paint colour at additional cost. The other 2 packages reduce the content and cost of the options progressively. Eq 3 is basically a choice of different leather colours over the standard factory options for example.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Feb 8 2005, 09:06 PM
I think hinckley has hit the nail on the head with the US consumer protection laws issue. You can order some outlandish colour combinations with Individual and no dealer is going to want to be stuck with a very personalised car.

You can see a taste of what Individual can offer here at BMW Individual website

Individual cannot be retrofitted and is only available on new factory order cars. It is sold in 3 levels - Equipment packages 1, 2 & 3. Eq 1 is the highest level and includes all interior surfaces (dashboard, doors, seat backs and facings, sunvisors etc) trimmed in leather with special dash trim options such as Piano gloss black. It also includes an alcantara headliner and BMW Individual alloy wheels. You can also specify an Individual exterior paint colour at additional cost. The other 2 packages reduce the content and cost of the options progressively. Eq 3 is basically a choice of different leather colours over the standard factory options for example.
[snapback]87904[/snapback]
AND, they do whatever you want apart of the packages - but, booooooy that is pricey!
Old 02-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Feb 7 2005, 07:04 PM
[quote name='Sanjuro' date='Feb 7 2005, 03:43 AM'][quote name='alohalc' date='Feb 6 2005, 11:13 PM']if you are in the us of a, no luck .
[snapback]87459[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm not really sure, but I've heard a couple of things . . .
- It's one more f***-up by BMWNA
- US consumer protection laws allow customers to break a car deal at any time before delivery, and since these are custom build cars, dealers don't want to be stuck with a one-off car.
[snapback]87711[/snapback]
[/quote]

Porsche has a similar program call Porsche Exclusive, and it's not available in the US for the same reason.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Members

Damn, being an American sucks.

Thanks for the answers, guys. It makes total sense that they wouldn't want to bother with US consumer protections laws. It makes me wonder what happens in the Europe when someone purchases a car that's pretty "individualized" and then backs out of the sale? Is the dealer then left holding the bag?
Old 02-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Sanjuro' date='Feb 13 2005, 05:38 AM

Thanks for the answers, guys.? It makes total sense that they wouldn't want to bother with US consumer protections laws.? It makes me wonder what happens in the Europe when someone purchases a car that's pretty "individualized" and then backs out of the sale?? Is the dealer then left holding the bag?
[snapback]89605[/snapback]
You can't just back out of the sale.
In the moment you sign the contract, it is a valid contract and you have to take the car.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sanjuro' date='Feb 12 2005, 06:38 PM
[snapback]89605[/snapback]
not when you see the prices of gasoline and cars in europe .

Quick Reply: What is BMW Individual?