Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

New X5, WOOF!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzer' post='421321' date='May 5 2007, 11:25 AM
Im interested on everybodys oppinion of the new X5. Have been looking around to see whats going to replace my current x5 which i love to drive with the 20" wheels and mtech suspension. Drive amazingly well for 2.5t car. I really liked driving the q7 too. Drove one last week.
THE NEW X5 is good, I enjoyed driving it, and my wife loved it.

But the seven seat option is only suitable for small children, you can not put a baby seat in them, so very limited, I think if I had two kids aged 8-12 years old I would have it, as mind is 18 months old their is no point, the storage is more useful.

I drive is still crap, do not let any one tell you any different, and new gear stick looks like an after thought, but appears to shift ok, but no huge improvement over standard auto in this car with its 3.0d engine..

Watch the options they do add up, and think twice about running boards they are huge.

But after all that I bought one, a cancelled order, pick it up tomorrow!!!!!!

Will let everyone know about relaibility, I have had three e60s and fine the constant CIP up dates a pain in the arse.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

A friend of mine bought a loaded X5 4.8 with all the tech goodies and he absolutely loves it. Not a single complaint. If your looking for an SUV that handles like a 5series then I think this is the one. Looks pretty damn nice too.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='422314' date='May 8 2007, 03:02 PM
If your looking for an SUV that handles like a 5series then I think this is the one. Looks pretty damn nice too.
I assume you're joking.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.
Originally Posted by maninblack' post='420914' date='May 4 2007, 02:06 AM
Why oh why does this car exist? A real heavy shocker and an embarrassment to the marque. Had my first drive today and could not think of a single redeeming feature.

Drives like any sloppy SUV.
Huge as a tank.
Totally inappropriate car for urban context.
I-drive is worse than ever.
Boring fiddly interior.
3rd row seats are tiny and hard to access.

I cannot tell you how much I disliked this car and anyone who even vaguely compares it to a 5 series for ride comfort or handling is living on another planet. This car does everything as badly as the old X5, only worse.

Why oh why does this car exist? Because suburban mums will love it and BMW will sell millions of them.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

I own a 2004 X5 3.0 with sports pkg. we love this car, great foul weather car, increadably comfortable and just an overall great driving SUV. If I can talk my wife into letting me trade this car I'll get the new X5 when it's available with the turbo 6. J.M.O.