Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Had an X5 3.0 for the day-really appreciate my 5er! (Squeeky brake

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was in for some service-had mentioned in another post I had squeeky brakes as did some otherse and sure enough as someone mentioned there was a sensor issue.

Replaced back brakes-pads and sensors on both side I believe. I know pads and sensors were done-not sure if other pieces as well. Anyway problem solved and braking great! I think I drove my car so hard the first 7k I ran my pads down since my braking feels perfect again.

Anyway there is one level before a "recall" here in hte usa on 07 5er brake sensors. Seems to be a problem so if yours is doing it take it in and get the fix.

Anyway was given an X5 3.0 which has the identical engine but weighs about 1500 pounds more. It even has the same gear ratios almost-drives a lot like a car for being an SUV. Pretty sweet ride. Solid acceleration and silky smooth driving, especially with the nex 08 steptroncs-LOVE the shifter (anyaone else have an 08 with that really SMOOTH and cool shifter??" Love the Park button!

Anyway felt good all day and fun to zip around in.

Got my 5er back and man I thought my power steering was screwed up (well actually didnt) but that is how much tighter the steering and just overall ride/suspension was on the sport 5. After cruising the freeways in the X5 and then the 5er-I barely felt like I was moving in the 5 at the same speeds. This grows on you quickly and you forget just how stable the 5 is and how great it feels on the road.

Power was better but when you go from an SUV to a "sporty car" there should be some huge ass difference-well I just continue to think the 530 WAS a very underpowered car. Totally am trading mine in 1.5 years at the end of the lease for a 535.

Anyway appreciqte the 5er nonetheless.

Oh gas mileage for spiritted X5 I6-9.7mph!! Compare same driving in a 5er-15-16mph. Man those tanks suck down gas. I guess that is what weight does!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I could go for the new X5 but with the 3.0d engine.

A small problem is the price, 81,500 ? basic + some 10,000 ? options.

All in all some $125,000
Old 05-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='423657' date='May 12 2007, 09:41 AM
Got my 5er back and man I thought my power steering was screwed up (well actually didnt) but that is how much tighter the steering and just overall ride/suspension was on the sport 5. After cruising the freeways in the X5 and then the 5er-I barely felt like I was moving in the 5 at the same speeds. This grows on you quickly and you forget just how stable the 5 is and how great it feels on the road.

Power was better but when you go from an SUV to a "sporty car" there should be some huge ass difference-well I just continue to think the 530 WAS a very underpowered car. Totally am trading mine in 1.5 years at the end of the lease for a 535.

Anyway appreciqte the 5er nonetheless.

Oh gas mileage for spiritted X5 I6-9.7mph!! Compare same driving in a 5er-15-16mph. Man those tanks suck down gas. I guess that is what weight does!
Yep. Guess it was part of my problem mentioned in another thread. Got out of my 5 and hopped into the X5 and thought it was bloody horrid. This was further exagerated when I got back in my 5. I suppose it's not too bad for a big SUV and just goes to illustrate that now matter how good the engineering you cannot "make a silk purse out of a sows ear" There is still a big diffrence between an SUV and the worlds top tourer. Are you saying the X5 averaged 9.7 MPG?