Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

MINI launches an iPhone (and BB) application for roadside assistance

Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You gotta know that they'll eventually do something similar for BMW cars, right?

MINI IS THE FIRST MANUFACTURER TO LAUNCH A MOBILE APPLICATION FOR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
MINI owners can now access roadside assistance with the touch of an icon

Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? August 20, 2008? MINI USA announced today the introduction of a free app to MINI owners that allows access to roadside assistance with the touch of an icon. The new MINI Road Assist mobile application was developed by Allstate Roadside Services and is available for iPhone and select BlackBerry users. The app connects users to roadside assistance while automatically supplying the service provider with all relevant information about the vehicle, most importantly, its exact location.

?MINI owners appreciate technological innovation and will welcome the additional peace of mind that comes from having fast, easy access to the free roadside services provided during their warranty period,? said Jim McDowell, Vice President MINI USA.

Whether it?s for a battery boost or to replace a flat tire, the new MINI Road Assist app for iPhone and BlackBerry users puts control in the driver?s hand ? and handset. Perhaps the best part, it eliminates the need for lengthy conversations about vital vehicle information and location and jumps directly to sending help after a short call.

To begin using the app, MINI owners will need to download it to their iPhone or compatible BlackBerry device. Step-by-step instructions guide users to enter their Vehicle I.D. (VIN), name, address and other details ? even uploading a photo of their MINI. When a MINI owner needs roadside help, they simply launch the app, select their service need and press the ?call? button. Their user information, vehicle location and service need are all transmitted automatically to customer service representatives ? saving valuable time to get them motoring again as quickly as possible.

This feature utilizes global positioning system (GPS) technology, pinpointing a caller?s location to help customer service representatives identify the nearest available service provider and communicating their exact location. Once service is confirmed, the mobile app delivers the driver with the service provider?s name, an estimated time of arrival and an automated service follows up to ensure the issue has been resolved.

?As the exclusive provider of roadside assistance for MINI USA and a number of other prestigious auto brands, Allstate Roadside Services is proud to launch this application designed to enhance the MINI owner?s experience,? said Patrick O?Brien, president of Allstate Roadside Services.

It?s free to MINI owners and can be downloaded here: http://www.allstateroadsideservices.com/mini/

To access a video of the app and how it works, click the link:
http://www.youtube.com/miniusanews

All MINI USA owners have access to roadside assistance free of charge as long as the vehicle remains under warranty. Customers whose warranty has expired may still download the free app and use the roadside assistance for a fee set by the service provider.

MINI in the US
MINI is an independent brand of the BMW Group. In the United States, MINI USA operates as a business unit of BMW of North America, LLC which has been present in the United States since 1975. Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; DesignworksUSA, a strategic design consultancy in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group?s global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 338 BMW passenger car centers, 335 BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 142 BMW motorcycle retailers, 86 MINI passenger car dealers, and 30 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group?s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

That's pretty cool. Hopefully, they will extend the service to include BMW with its own app soon.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

If this were to come out for BMW..wouldn't it directly compete with BMW assist?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='983913' date='Aug 20 2009, 06:00 PM
If this were to come out for BMW..wouldn't it directly compete with BMW assist?
Probably but they might be able to utilize it for older cars that don't have Assist...
Old 08-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='983937' date='Aug 20 2009, 03:23 PM
Probably but they might be able to utilize it for older cars that don't have Assist...
would definitely be easier than a retrofit....