Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

///M Coupe Pricing Released!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='265962' date='Apr 7 2006, 07:15 PM
Cayman is GREAT and you can still breathe down there yes. But comming from an avid BMW lover, M Z4 is not going to cut it at all. Unless you literally do cut it
OH come one man! I didn't sit in it but it can't be that bad!!! How much do you weigh and how tall are you?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

PS: does anybody have a car configurator? or an option list?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='266005' date='Apr 7 2006, 01:41 PM
OH come one man! I didn't sit in it but it can't be that bad!!! How much do you weigh and how tall are you?
Yea im 185 and 6', the car is meant for chicks. It looks good though but you certainly need a maxi pad to drive one
Old 04-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

My local dealer had one and i test drove it and it is a fast car and the handling is very stiff and tight. Feels like a little rocket. Not to mention the sound from the exhaust is deep and throaty.. I would wait and by one in the fall at a better price but nice for a 2nd car not a main driver
Old 04-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='266017' date='Apr 7 2006, 08:55 PM
Yea im 185 and 6', the car is meant for chicks. It looks good though but you certainly need a maxi pad to drive one
Yes from your point of view. I dunno it's like saying F1 cars are also for chicks because they can't accomodate a big male. Ok it's out of line that statement since those are ultra performance cars. But you get my point. It's like saying almost anything with 2 doors and 2 seats is a chick car since obviusly most of those cars aren't gonna give u the best confort since that's not what they were ment to. U name it (350z,s2000,Z4 M3 CSL, and the list can go on with more exotic stuff like zondas and ...) They were ment to be as light as possible, small and nimble, to give you excelent lateral support (seats) and big grip, so you can do what the car was ment to do (drive very very fast). Of course as the weight/height increases you feel more and more out of place and unconfortable but that's not enough to say it's a chick car because of that.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='266282' date='Apr 8 2006, 03:18 AM
Yes from your point of view. I dunno it's like saying F1 cars are also for chicks because they can't accomodate a big male. Ok it's out of line that statement since those are ultra performance cars. But you get my point. It's like saying almost anything with 2 doors and 2 seats is a chick car since obviusly most of those cars aren't gonna give u the best confort since that's not what they were ment to. U name it (350z,s2000,Z4 M3 CSL, and the list can go on with more exotic stuff like zondas and ...) They were ment to be as light as possible, small and nimble, to give you excelent lateral support (seats) and big grip, so you can do what the car was ment to do (drive very very fast). Of course as the weight/height increases you feel more and more out of place and unconfortable but that's not enough to say it's a chick car because of that.
Z4 2.5 wasnt meant for ultra performance at all, just meant to be a tiny little roadster. Its definitly not for me. You cant compare a Z4 to a 350z or an M3 and say the design of the Z4 was strictly meant for lightweight performance. All the Z4 M is, is just another Z4 with an old M3 engine in it. Interior looks nice though. If I were going to spend that kinda money I rather have an M3 cab if I wanted to drop the top.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='266339' date='Apr 8 2006, 03:14 PM
Z4 2.5 wasnt meant for ultra performance at all, just meant to be a tiny little roadster. Its definitly not for me. You cant compare a Z4 to a 350z or an M3 and say the design of the Z4 was strictly meant for lightweight performance. All the Z4 M is, is just another Z4 with an old M3 engine in it. Interior looks nice though. If I were going to spend that kinda money I rather have an M3 cab if I wanted to drop the top.
Yeees it wasn't ment for ultra performance, it wasn't ment for real performance as the Z4 M coupe, and that's why they don't have the same seats. The seats on the Z4 are more confort oriented in a way than those on the M. And i drove the z4 3.0i and i didn't find it unconfortable at all. Yes it's a small and a bit claustrophobic place but no way that's a chick car. Simply as the weight drops (that's occurs also when the car gets smaller, obviusly) the car if it's as well ste-uped like the other car models like the 3 series, coupe or cabriolet then that car, the samaller one gets better performance.
The design wasn't stricly ment for lightweight performance,yes, but that's a factor well taken into consideration when they designed the car. The same with the other models. And we were talking about the z4 coupe not the cabrio. Obviusly i would choose the m3 over the z4 coupe/m3 cabrio over the z4 (wait i don't want a cabrio at all) but anyway that's because i love more the 3 series design and it's more practical for me. I didn't reach in any way that financial state to afford a big car and a very small car as a weekender or just to have fun, if i would have reached that then the Z4 M coupe would have been an option for sure. BUT i say again BUT that doesn't mean i can say it's a chick car. I simply can't find the arguements in your statements.
Cheers.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Senior Members

I dont understand your arguement. Z4 roadster is a chick car or guys with small packages. Thanx.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='266422' date='Apr 8 2006, 08:23 PM
I dont understand your arguement. Z4 roadster is a chick car or guys with small packages. Thanx.
Not right...the z4 roadster is a different car to the 3 series convertible...totally different sensation. Go and drive both. 3 series convertible is not a proper roadster.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='266426' date='Apr 8 2006, 01:27 PM
Not right...the z4 roadster is a different car to the 3 series convertible...totally different sensation. Go and drive both. 3 series convertible is not a proper roadster.

I dont know where your getting at here. I owned an E46 cab, that was a convertable. Z4 is a roadster. Where are we going here?

Quick Reply: ///M Coupe Pricing Released!