Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

first encounter...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Wow...originally I thought an X6 may be an alternative to a 335xi but now after seeing next to the e60, mabe a very nice alternative to 535xi???? I need to see in person.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='583445' date='May 19 2008, 06:50 AM
Your joking right

I am not the only one saying it. Just about every review. The automobile has no purpose.

A 5000+ lbs lifted wagon that only seats 4 people, no utility, less room than a X5. Plus it cost more than the X5, your right what a deal.

BMW doesn't do everything right.
I'm telling you: EVERYBODY DOES IT. Look at Porsche GT3 RS vs GT3. The GT3 RS is only marginally faster, has even less creature comforts, has the same bhp, has no rear bench but it costs 30K more.

You say just about every review, but i wonder how many reviewers tested the Xdrive 50i!? How many of them were really honest about the looks and more important (time will tell) how many will change hearts in time? Remember when the first Bangle car came out? OMG what a stirr and what a scandal, i've personally read titles "BMW is going down" yet now everything is fine, everybody got used to the design and there are no problems what so ever, and the sales speak for it.

Please read again my comments, charging more for less isn't really a bad thing. Not everybody needs 5 seats, not everybody uses all the time the full trunk. It is the same with the CLS vs the E Klass. Which would you rather buy??? If i had to choose i would for sure go for the CLS (ps: it costs more )

About the weight for sure it's not lightweight but nor is the competition. In fact the car weighs less than the Porsche Cayenne (according to the international sites). Also bare in mind that it has a larger trunk than the Cayenne, the latter being more spacious only when the back seats are folded down.

So sorry man! You're not bringing very valid arguments....but to each of it's own
Old 05-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

The freakin' thing looks HUGE!!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

That that thing looks like a big bug!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

its overpriced for what you get IMHO............but to each his own.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='583568' date='May 19 2008, 04:49 AM
You say just about every review, but i wonder how many reviewers tested the Xdrive 50i!?

About the weight for sure it's not lightweight but nor is the competition. In fact the car weighs less than the Porsche Cayenne (according to the international sites). Also bare in mind that it has a larger trunk than the Cayenne, the latter being more spacious only when the back seats are folded down.

So sorry man! You're not bringing very valid arguments....but to each of it's own
I am bringing up arguments that many others have been making.

Edmunds X6 50i review.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=125474

And it does weigh more than a Cayenne, 319 pounds more. ITS A PIG!

Quotes from review:
"Yeah, that's no typo. The xDrive50i, as it's known in BMW-speak, weighs in at 5,269 pounds. That's 319 pounds more than the Porsche Cayenne S, an SUV that has never once been called light on its feet."

"the overall rearseat space feels cramped. Maybe it's the fact that if you're over 6 feet you can rest your head on the roof, or the slightly reduced shoulder room."

"Is More Agility Worth Less Utility?
When the drive is done, we're still scratching our heads. An extra $8 grand for a little more motor, fewer seats with less room and an all-wheel-drive system you'll hardly ever know is there?"

"But the compromises in utility leave us wondering if BMW has just created a very heavy small car at a very big price. No amount of tumblehome is going to change that."

I am sorry this car/suv makes no sense. But to each of its own.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Senior Members

Agree - the X6 has no reason to exist except for people who are willing to pay a lot for something different (albeit not better). :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 05-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i CPO

Interestingly enough, it doesn't that big from the side in a photo or in person. But step behind it, especially in person and "baby's got back
!" I still like the profile though.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 525i (not LCI) - Alpine white, M sport package, Comfort seats, Logic 7, Bluetooth, Xenon adaptive headlights, PDC, sunroof, A/C with extended features, etc.

I dont understand why people are fussing over the fact that the X6 doesn't have this and that. From the start of the production of this concept, BMW have always said that this vehicle was going to be unconventional and something that does not exist in the market yet. IMO, the X6 is not aimed at buyers who want to buy an SUV for its utility; they would never do that as it would take away all the sales from the X5. There is no point having two vehicles of the same category. Instead, it is aimed at buyers who want something more than a car but not really an SUV. Buyers who are looking to buy the 6 series or M3 would definitely consider getting the X6; i was skeptical at first about this vehicle, but now i totally understand where BMW is heading at and it makes complete sense. The X6 will be a huge success; just wait and the figures will speak for themselves...
Old 05-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by trojan.525i' post='584250' date='May 20 2008, 01:51 PM
I dont understand why people are fussing over the fact that the X6 doesn't have this and that. From the start of the production of this concept, BMW have always said that this vehicle was going to be unconventional and something that does not exist in the market yet. IMO, the X6 is not aimed at buyers who want to buy an SUV for its utility; they would never do that as it would take away all the sales from the X5. There is no point having two vehicles of the same category. Instead, it is aimed at buyers who want something more than a car but not really an SUV. Buyers who are looking to buy the 6 series or M3 would definitely consider getting the X6; i was skeptical at first about this vehicle, but now i totally understand where BMW is heading at and it makes complete sense. The X6 will be a huge success; just wait and the figures will speak for themselves...

You are going through a syndrome commonly known as BMW LOVE syndrome where you loose all your abilities to criticize any BMW product, dont worry it happened to all of us, ....lol I am just kidding, you are probably right , the M3 drivers with probably no family and kids and very limited friends (according to Jeremy Clarkson lol ) would buy this car. I just simply do not find any reason for it to exist. If I want a sports coupe I buy the 335i or M3 , I want a bigger Suv I buy the X5, I do not need anything that big I buy the X3, Everything seems too slow, I buy the M5. Now Maybe to compete with the Porsche Cayenne X6 is here....but then again I was never a big fan of the big smiley guy , its all comes down to personal choice. And I do think X6 will sell well, it just not a vehicle which came from passion, its probably made by a group of analyst who figured out chopping the X5 here and there they will have a X6 which according to their data will sell x amount of numbers in y number of years with z number of profits......thats the same as our cars but our cars were made as an e60, this thing is a by product of the x5. Maybe I will like it more when I drive it....or see it in person.....but thats a big MAYBE!