New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Soon to be an F10 530d owner!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 04:00 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F10 530d Dynamic, Visibility, Professional Media, Electric doors, boot, 5x heated seats, sport auto, reverse camera, 19" 331, Sapphire Black
Default Soon to be an F10 530d owner!

Hi everyone, I have placed a deposit on a 2010 F10 530d SE with lots of options.

I have been a Mercedes man for the last 7 years since I bought my C Class at the age of 24. I have a C250 CGI Sport Auto currently but the missus wants something more comfortable and hates estates...

So, I have done 3 things I said I never would, a) buy a BMWb) by a saloon (sedan) and c) buy Diesel!

My natural inclination was to buy another merc but the E Class has too much of a staid and mature image and the only other options were 4x4 drivetrains i.e. R Class and M Class with substantial increases in running costs.

So, with Audi not even being considered, I went for a 5 Series, drove an 11 M Sport with non sport auto gearbox on 19" M Sport wheels and was wholly underwhelmed, to the point that I was going to cross this car off my list. Car felt a little lifeless, tramlined on the motorwar and generally felt lazier, heavier and much larger than my C Class, read less sharp to drive.

I mentioned this to another dealer and he suggested I drive a car he had just received on a trade in, it was a black 530d SE with Dynamic Package, Visibility Package, Sport Auto, Professional Media and electric everything, tailgate, all seats heated etc.

I drove it in Sport mode and the seemed far more alive, ride was OK not exceptional but it was comfortable and effortless and was a much sharper drive, the car was immaculate having completed just 18,000 miles and so I placed a deposit on it.

Due to be sorted next week, couple of creaks and trim issues to deal with and they have offered a good part ex value for my merc.

Anyway thanks for hearing me out.

Regards

Jacob