New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New member from Belgium

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d M Sport Touring (born November 22nd, 2006) Carbon Black (metallic), Black Dakota Leather, 18" M135 L/Alloy Wheels with 245/40 R18 93Y Goodyear NCT5 tyres (Run-flats), Manual Transmission, Xenon headlamps, Headlamp-washer system, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Navigation-system Professional, Hi-Fi loudspeaker system, M Sport Package, Roof Rails, M-Sports Suspension, Sun Protection Glass, High Gloss Shadow Line, M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, Anthracite Headlining, Cup Holders, Auto-Dim Interior Mirror, DVD Prep in rear, Side Blinds (manual), Automatic Air Conditioning, M Steering Wheel, Aluminium "Cube Pure" interior trim, Sports Seats, ISOFIX Child Seat System (front passenger seat), Park Distance Control

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='482118' date='Oct 16 2007, 07:14 AM
I see that you have not driven a Japanese car???
Dont you like them?
Nope don't like Japanese cars at all. Sorry !

Japanese cars are decent, but for some people (like most people on this forum I guess) other thing are taken into account too when choosing a car : love for the design, engine power/sound, reputation of the car manufacturer.... I don't mean to insult Japanese car owners, but most Japanese/Korean cars lack just that : the image they have. It sucks big time

Anyways, I see you drive a Beemer too, so, guess you're not into Japanese/Korean cars yourself eh ?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d M Sport Touring (born November 22nd, 2006) Carbon Black (metallic), Black Dakota Leather, 18" M135 L/Alloy Wheels with 245/40 R18 93Y Goodyear NCT5 tyres (Run-flats), Manual Transmission, Xenon headlamps, Headlamp-washer system, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Navigation-system Professional, Hi-Fi loudspeaker system, M Sport Package, Roof Rails, M-Sports Suspension, Sun Protection Glass, High Gloss Shadow Line, M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, Anthracite Headlining, Cup Holders, Auto-Dim Interior Mirror, DVD Prep in rear, Side Blinds (manual), Automatic Air Conditioning, M Steering Wheel, Aluminium "Cube Pure" interior trim, Sports Seats, ISOFIX Child Seat System (front passenger seat), Park Distance Control

Originally Posted by BMW ///M 525xi' post='482166' date='Oct 16 2007, 01:24 PM
Hi,

to be honest i can believe you love your car since it has a lot of nice options. I also say this because my father also bought an E60 520d a few months ago and it has already a lot of punch. i'm a little dissapointed in the 218 hp engine i have since it doesn't have that much torque and you feel that in the acceleration. My previous car was a E39 530d with 193 hp and because it was a diesel + had less weight, i have the impression it accelerated better than mine now. But this car is absolutely the most beautifull car i've owned. I love the looks of it and i'm satisfied about my four wheel drive. It really sticks to the road even on rainy surfaces.

All by all, enjoy your car!

Mvg,

B
B.,

have you added me to the "Benelux member list" yet ?

Was there a specific reason for you to choose the non-diesel engine ? (sorry, couldn't remember the correct English word for "benzine" anymore )

Have you considered having it remapped yet ? I believe the gain in power/torque won't be as big as would be the case for a diesel, but it may be worth considering ?

Haven't seen a lot of 4-wheel drive BMW's yet. Pretty unique in Belgium I guess ?

Greetz,
T. (Belgian BMW Fan)
Old 10-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='482195' date='Oct 16 2007, 03:21 PM
welcome and enjoy fellow member

lots of mpg in that 520d then?

Thanks mate !

Well, the current fuel consumption is (that is when I watch the throttle ):
7.2 l/100km
39.2 MPG (UK)
32.6 MPG (US)

The travel computer (which hasn't been reset for +/- 8.500 Km now) gives an average fuel consumption of 7.4 l/100 km.

I always put in fuel of excellent quality (TOTAL Excellium Diesel).

CU,
T.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Belgian BMW Fan' post='482365' date='Oct 17 2007, 04:06 AM
Nope don't like Japanese cars at all. Sorry !

Japanese cars are decent, but for some people (like most people on this forum I guess) other thing are taken into account too when choosing a car : love for the design, engine power/sound, reputation of the car manufacturer.... I don't mean to insult Japanese car owners, but most Japanese/Korean cars lack just that : the image they have. It sucks big time

Anyways, I see you drive a Beemer too, so, guess you're not into Japanese/Korean cars yourself eh ?
nonono I am into Jap cars.
I dont care what make itis as long as itis fun to drive.
there is a very good japanese car out there right now and it will out run a M5 on the road in HK or in town but not on track.
Itis the S2000. with the 95000rpm old engine. A guy has mod it to over 400hp in HK
you should test drive 1 and put your foot down itis much more fun than a Z4.
I do have 2 japanese cars Honda S2000 and Honda Stepwgn 2.4 and 1 Smart42.

New member from Belgium-s2000_1.jpg

New member from Belgium-s2000_2.jpg

New member from Belgium-015_19_new_honda_stpwgn_no.jpg

New member from Belgium-022_19_new_honda_stpwgn_no.jpg

New member from Belgium-smart1.jpg

New member from Belgium-smart_2.jpg
Old 10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the wisdom from these knowledgeable folks.

Pingu: nice collection of Honda cars there.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

Originally Posted by Belgian BMW Fan' post='482368' date='Oct 16 2007, 10:15 PM
B.,

have you added me to the "Benelux member list" yet ?

Was there a specific reason for you to choose the non-diesel engine ? (sorry, couldn't remember the correct English word for "benzine" anymore )

Have you considered having it remapped yet ? I believe the gain in power/torque won't be as big as would be the case for a diesel, but it may be worth considering ?

Haven't seen a lot of 4-wheel drive BMW's yet. Pretty unique in Belgium I guess ?

Greetz,
T. (Belgian BMW Fan)
Nope i didn't because for some reason i don't get any reply notifications anymore for that topic...

A specific reason no but thought about the lovely sound i had with my E39 (non facelift) 528i + taxes here in Belgium. (you know ).

I absolutely thought about remapping but like you say the gain isn't really worth it. They quoted me 500 ? for just + 10 hp and that on 218 bhp, hmmm isn't really worth it.
Did you consider a remap for yours already??

And yes, 4 wheel drive here in Belgium is pretty unique but it is really lovely. My next one may be a 330xd coup? (and i hope that this could come in convertible too).
And then one remap on it and it shall be my bom .

Greetings,

Beno?t
Old 10-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMW ///M 525xi' post='482591' date='Oct 17 2007, 11:25 AM
Nope i didn't because for some reason i don't get any reply notifications anymore for that topic...

A specific reason no but thought about the lovely sound i had with my E39 (non facelift) 528i + taxes here in Belgium. (you know ).

I absolutely thought about remapping but like you say the gain isn't really worth it. They quoted me 500 ? for just + 10 hp and that on 218 bhp, hmmm isn't really worth it.
Did you consider a remap for yours already??

And yes, 4 wheel drive here in Belgium is pretty unique but it is really lovely. My next one may be a 330xd coup? (and i hope that this could come in convertible too).
And then one remap on it and it shall be my bom .

Greetings,

Beno?t
Beno?t,

Had my 520d remapped +/- 5 months ago by Auto Tune Heinz in Moorsele (Aalst) who seem to have a good reputation.

Horsepower went from initial 162.7 HP (@ 3849 1/min) to 203.2 HP (@ 3983 1/min)
Torque went from 347 Nm (@ 2884 1/min) to 423 Nm (@ 2952 1/min)

Remapping was tested before and after on their power-bench.

Initially I was thrilled by the result, but as with many things after some time you come back "down to earth"

Basically my critic/experience on the remapping is the following:
1) I asked them if it was possibly to be present during the whole remapping process and initially they said it was OK, but in reality they had the remap done by their engineer while they kept me waiting for 1 hour and then presented me with the bill. Not really what I expected to "see".
2) since the remapping I learned that when ordering one you basically need to decide if you are going for the extra torque in the low revs OR for the extra HP in the higher revs. In my case I guess I am after some extra torque in the lower revs, below 2000 1/min that is, which is actually what you benefit most of in our current traffic anyways, where average speed is getting pretty low (check out your travel computer via the I-drive) when driving a realistic mix of city-traffic and autobahn...

Had no problems at all with the car since the remap. The only thing I am considering is should I have a second oppinion or have a new curve taken by Auto Tune Heinz to see if something can be altered to go for the extra torque instead of extra HP.

Greetz,
Tom
Belgian BMW Fan
Old 10-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

. Post pictures of your ride soon.
Originally Posted by Rudy' post='359078
Pingu: nice collection of Honda cars there.
+1
Old 10-22-2007, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

welcome and congrats

Old 10-22-2007, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='482195
welcome and congrats

How many welcomes are you going to give him?