New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New here... pics of my garage.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been on the forums for a few months now... even before I bought the 530i a month or so ago. I finally got around to taking some pictures. So far, I love the 530i. I got the exact interior that I wanted, but only wish I could've gotten it in white. Anyways, it's such a nice change from my STi... a perfect road trip car. I did have one question though. Is there a way to automatically turn off the headlights when leaving the car? I accidentally forgot to turn off my day lights the other day, and when I got back, they were still on. You would think that there was a way to do it. I won't post too many pics of the 530i since it's stock... but some pics of my other project. Enjoy the pics!

Old 07-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Members

Here are a few more pics for those interested:

Old 07-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Nice. Yout got the 530 in SMG! thats rare... good choice! How do you like it?

As for lights do you mean the main low beam headlights or the parking lamps? The curclular rings (* angele eyes *). I thought they shut off automatically when you shut down the car. That and I know it *BLIGNS* at you... So whenever it blings I always go back and shut it off.

Why dont you leave it in Auto mode. One click to the left and you wont have to worry about them anymore.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Contributors

Very cool ! Congrats!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Members

My friend has that custom exhaust on his sti too, sounds soo good! Loud, but good.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Wow, nice-looking Scooby there
Old 07-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Contributors

Do you have the lights on "Auto" mode (counterclockwise from OFF)? If so they should turn off as soon as you open the driver's door to get out. If you have it in manual mode (clockwise from OFF) then the parking lights and angel eyes will stay on even when you lock the car and walk away.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Members

Oh wow, I did not know that there was an "auto" mode. Does this mean that the lights turn on and off by itself... in terms of the daylight available?

EBMCS03, So far so good... The 530i seems a little underpowered, but sufficient for day to day driving. If I could do it again, I would probably have gone with the steptronic for the 530i. With that being said, I think it looks much better with the SMG shifter and the sports steering wheel and paddles.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by jamolie' post='314459' date='Jul 24 2006, 09:16 AM
Oh wow, I did not know that there was an "auto" mode. Does this mean that the lights turn on and off by itself... in terms of the daylight available?
EBMCS03, So far so good... The 530i seems a little underpowered, but sufficient for day to day driving. If I could do it again, I would probably have gone with the steptronic for the 530i. With that being said, I think it looks much better with the SMG shifter and the sports steering wheel and paddles.
Yes, the lights will go on and off automatically in auto mode. Don't be surprised if they're on in broad daylight when the sun is low in the sky...it is a safety things and actually makes perfect sense.

I'm not sure how long you've had the car or how many miles you've driven it but if it's not much, give the SMG a chance. You might find that you'll really love it once you reprogram your brain on how to use it...
Old 07-24-2006, 05:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='314463' date='Jul 24 2006, 09:53 AM
Yes, the lights will go on and off automatically in auto mode. Don't be surprised if they're on in broad daylight when the sun is low in the sky...it is a safety things and actually makes perfect sense.

I'm not sure how long you've had the car or how many miles you've driven it but if it's not much, give the SMG a chance. You might find that you'll really love it once you reprogram your brain on how to use it...

Well, it's not like I don't like the SMG. I think it's a pretty cool feature. I just don't know if it's worth the effort on a relatively slow car. I'm sure on a 545i/550i/M5, it must be a blast to drive. Well, I'll have to try out the Automode. It's one click to the left of the Off position right?

Quick Reply: New here... pics of my garage.