New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Just wanted to say "Hi"

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

COngrats!! U should get the JB+ or JB3 to mazimize the potential of the beast!!! DOnt forget about the lighting upgrades too. Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay! 5K miles IS A BRAND NEW CAR!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice car! nice color! its good to see another member from seattle.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Hi! And

I've commented on your post in lines below. Congrats on the car - she's definitely a beauty!

Originally Posted by Ben_XI
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say "Hi". I recently purchased an used, but "new" to me, 2009 535xi. I traded in a 2008 335xi. I would have been happy with the 3, but my wife has complained about its lack of room/space. So, I was fortunate to find this lightly used 5 (only 5K miles) which had a lot more amenities than I initially required.

Here are the specifics:
- Space Gray metallic
- Black dakota leather
- Bamboo Anthracite trim
- Cold-weather package
- Premium package
- Sport package w/staggered wheel set-up
- Navigation
- Comfort Access
- HUD
- Logic7 sound system
- PDC
- HD and SAT radio
- iPod/USB adapter
- Heated rear seats

===> Looks like it is pretty much FULLY loaded

My first impression was "Wow". The space gray exterior looks awesome. (My three previous vehicles were silver, so this is a nice change.) The staggered wheel set-up sounds more aggressive than it looks, but that's due to the offset of the wheels (I'm not complaining). The HUD is not only cool, but very convenient. The iDrive is intuitive, unlike what I've read and heard.

Of course, the drive and feel of the 5 is heavier and softer than the 3. But, for a good-sized sedan, this 5 handles nicely because it is so well balanced. It is not entirely nose-heavy, like other mid-sized sedans. I know it's not an M5 and I'm not looking for something that aggressive in the handling department. It could use a few more HP and torque, but the stock performance will do for now.

===> I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you take her through some curves at a nice pace

A couple of questions (I did a search and did not find any answers):
- Is there an oil temperature gauge/indicator somewhere? I looked within iDrive and the user manual, but no luck in finding anything related to oil temperature. In my previous cars, I usually don't hammer the accelerator until the engine is warmed up to normal levels.

===> AFAIK there's only one indicator of engine's readiness to rev - that the rotating "redline" - the outer bezel of the tachometer rotates according to oil temperature and moves the red line higher as oil warms up, when you start the car

- Does the E60 have rear fog lights? The 3 (E9x) rear fogs were disabled, but only required a change in the light control dial module to be swapped out for the european control to activate them. Does the E60 have this option?

- Anyone upgrade their E60 with Dinan software? If so, how was/is the experience?

===> Dinan is definitely the best s/w for longevity/warranty, but there are options out there that can give you more bang for your buck.

Glad to join the 5-series gang. Looking to stay permanently. Thanks in advance.

Almost forgot the pics:
Attachment 111427

Attachment 111428

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
COngrats!! U should get the JB+ or JB3 to mazimize the potential of the beast!!! DOnt forget about the lighting upgrades too. Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay! 5K miles IS A BRAND NEW CAR!!!
+1000