Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Top Gear Survey

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

49th I think is being kind to the E60. It does not surprise me that the E39 is in 30th spot, much better build quality and reliability. I had 3 of them and only ever had them in the shop for routine maintenance, unlike my e60
Old 11-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by markt540i' post='198264' date='Nov 14 2005, 05:51 PM
Is this show available in the USA?
Yes, it's on discovery channel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear

North American Versions
As of May 2005, Top Gear has been shown in North America on the Discovery Channel. The American format is different from the British format, with the news and talk show segments cut to make room for commercials. The show consists of old stories from the British version shown with the studio segments specially recorded for the North American viewers, even though it still is on the same set with the same hosts of the British version.

Currently the North American version is no longer being produced for the Discovery Channel, and the show no longer has a link on the Discovery Channel's website. However, Discovery has recently said that the show was not "taken off the air" but rather ran its pattern. It is being revamped for a U.S. audience and will return later this year. Look for it in December.

For Canadian viewers, BBC Canada has announced that they will soon start broadcasting the original, uncut episodes of the show originally shown on BBC2 in the UK.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Members

BBC Canada are now showing the full hour programmes. Two different editions each week. I record the Saturday and Sunday ones. They have a lot more chat than the half-hour Top Gear programmes shown on BBC World,