Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

SLO Meet OC/ENCINO Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Guys, a member on M5Board who lives in Santa Barbara took the time to plot out a scenic route for the SoCal caravan in case you guys had time and would be interested in doing this drive. I'm pasting the info below. Sounds like a cool drive but you'd have to plan time accordingly if you're to get to SLO by 11AM to meet with us NorCal guys.

Hiya,
I?m a Santa Barbara County native and for anyone with a little extra time on their hands?click link to right to see travel time?..I?ve plotted a route I?d take if I was coming from the south.

It?s historically and scenically packed.
Highway 154 has some nice curves and has the very quaint Cold Springs Tavern if you want to have a beverage and stretch your legs. It?s also on an old stagecoach route?.no dirt roads?.don?t worry. You?ll pass Lake Cachuma and on into the Santa Ynez Valley, through the Danish Village of Solvang, (gas up in Buellton if needed) then more countryside on the way to pass right in front of the La Purisima Mission near Lompoc, head north over Harris Grade (~6 miles of nice twisties!), pass through the old town of Guadalupe on Highway 1, up through the Historic Village of Arroyo Grande (great hand made ice cream at Doc Burnstein?s Ice Cream Lab on the left as you enter the Village), more countryside scenery and passing some of the areas great wineries up through Edna Valley on the way to the final destination of the Marriott.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='941847' date='Jul 14 2009, 09:04 AM
Guys, a member on M5Board who lives in Santa Barbara took the time to plot out a scenic route for the SoCal caravan in case you guys had time and would be interested in doing this drive. I'm pasting the info below. Sounds like a cool drive but you'd have to plan time accordingly if you're to get to SLO by 11AM to meet with us NorCal guys.

Hiya,
I?m a Santa Barbara County native and for anyone with a little extra time on their hands?click link to right to see travel time?..I?ve plotted a route I?d take if I was coming from the south.

It?s historically and scenically packed.
Highway 154 has some nice curves and has the very quaint Cold Springs Tavern if you want to have a beverage and stretch your legs. It?s also on an old stagecoach route?.no dirt roads?.don?t worry. You?ll pass Lake Cachuma and on into the Santa Ynez Valley, through the Danish Village of Solvang, (gas up in Buellton if needed) then more countryside on the way to pass right in front of the La Purisima Mission near Lompoc, head north over Harris Grade (~6 miles of nice twisties!), pass through the old town of Guadalupe on Highway 1, up through the Historic Village of Arroyo Grande (great hand made ice cream at Doc Burnstein?s Ice Cream Lab on the left as you enter the Village), more countryside scenery and passing some of the areas great wineries up through Edna Valley on the way to the final destination of the Marriott.

thanks tony that sound like a fun drive. we might just have to check this out. LOL

Nolan suggested that we have a stop off midway just in case parts of the group fall back.
Here's an address to a gas station at the half way point. From Encino we'll meet at the
address below. From carpenteria we'll be heading directly to the hotel in SLO
thanks nolan

Risdon's 76 Service & Carwash‎
4401 Via Real
Carpinteria, CA‎
(805) 684-7676‎
Old 07-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='941915' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:19 AM
thanks tony that sound like a fun drive. we might just have to check this out. LOL

Nolan suggested that we have a stop off midway just in case parts of the group fall back.
Here's an address to a gas station at the half way point. From Encino we'll meet at the
thanks nolan

4401 Via Real
Carpinteria, CA‎
(805) 684-7676‎
just make sure that scenic route still keeps you guys on schedule
Old 07-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='941918' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:22 AM
just make sure that scenic route still keeps you guys on schedule
that's the only thing that's keeping me from taking the scenic route. I think we'll barely make it on time taking the direct route. LOL
Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Contributors

thanks nolan

4401 Via Real
Carpinteria, CA‎
(805) 684-7676‎

The exit off the 101 is #87 or Santa Monica Road.
We have used this location twice and has worked well for everybody. This is a 'quick' pit stop location
Old 07-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

I'll probably get a carwash too at the pit stop!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

thanks nolan

4401 Via Real
Carpinteria, CA‎
(805) 684-7676‎
Being that I will likely be driving with the top down and wife and baby in tow, I will be falling behind immediately. It doesn't help that I can't afford to get a ticket from CHP.

See you suckers in Encino Saturday morning!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

just put on new front tires yesterday
Old 07-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Contributors

for those of you who are close enough to meet up, a few of us will be caravanning from RPI to Encino.
if you are at all interested please feel free to join us by 7:00 AM. Please don't forget to mention if you'll be meeting able to join us. thanks!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='942884' date='Jul 15 2009, 08:52 AM
just put on new front tires yesterday
hmnnn do i need new front tires?

Quick Reply: SLO Meet OC/ENCINO Caravan