Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Meeting of the E60s

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I ordered my 545I from PML sometime in May this year. Salesperson advised me to insist on September manufacture as this is the time that BMW normally includes new stuff into their cars. Mine will be jet black and I have included a few options such as logic 7, sports steering, car phone, etc. Will share with you guys and gals once I have registered my baby sometime end Nov 2004.

I believe I am not the only one who ordered a 545I. Was told by Jasmine (the sales rep) that there was another order on the same day I did mine. Its supposed to be registered next month.

Edlee
Old 08-22-2004, 11:30 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Aug 22 2004, 10:43 PM
Hi. I ordered my 545I from PML sometime in May this year. Salesperson advised me to insist on September manufacture as this is the time that BMW normally includes new stuff into their cars. Mine will be jet black and I have included a few options such as logic 7, sports steering, car phone, etc. Will share with you guys and gals once I have registered my baby sometime end Nov 2004.

I believe I am not the only one who ordered a 545I. Was told by Jasmine (the sales rep) that there was another order on the same day I did mine. Its supposed to be registered next month.

Edlee
Boy, the 545i will be mean on the sg road.
I was wondering though for the price tag, PML should fully load them, sport steering should be standard; logic 7; adaptive xenon; HUD (banned by LTA?)
keep us posted when you get yr ride.. we all will be drooling.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Contributors

Very cool guys!

Here's to the first of many E60 meets!
Attached Images  
Old 08-22-2004, 10:51 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Great meet up! Thanks to all for showing up in such a short notice. Spread the word.. we want to reach out to everyone with e60 be it 520i; 525i; 530i; and soon on the island the 545i.

Edlee... we want taxi ride in your 545i! Did you get SMG with it?
Old 08-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Senior Members

Okay; the following are options I added.

External lights package (for door, etc)
Windscreen green shade band
Side airbags for rear passengers (not standard)
Spare wheel
Logic 7
Sports steering
Car ph professional

Adaptive headlights, dynamic drive, xenon, PDC, etc are all standard eqpt. Got a slight discount from PML as I have been very actively buying their cars for the past few years.

Its a pity I could not include M steering wheel because it is still not in the options list. Another thing; I wanted to change the trimmings to titanium but was turned down because BMW (not PML) feels that this is fitting for the image of the 545.

I have also been thinking about the ACS kit; whether to install the front, rear, side skirts and boot. Will the look of the 545 be spoilt by all these? I really don't have much time left to decide as the ACS offer of 20% ends 31 Aug. Any input from anyone?

Edlee
Old 08-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Senior Members

edlee...why dun u register urself in this forum...its "better" la..

personally i find the ACS kit too loud. wud prefer to wait for the M kit if i m to change...its classier.

as for M steering..if u look thru the thread...there is actually a way of changing it yourself...it costs only usd 36...but first go figure out how to take out the parts in ur steering..

does 545 come with lowered sports sus? maybe u can consider that.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:48 AM
Senior Members

woah Edlee, the 545i is going to be awesome! we'll have to force you to come for our meetups when you get your car, so that you can give us a ride in it

BTW, there is a new rim for the E60, I think it's style 32, y'know differentiate your ride since it's a 545i. It looks a bit like the 745i rims and like the style 124, they are 18 inch with 245 in front and 275 in the rear.

If yours is a Sept build, i.e a 2005 car, perhaps you can ask about some of the Individual options, that Sepia colour looks great!

Check them out here:

http://rust.mine.nu/bmw/showparts.do?model...g=15&x=236&y=88

eggz
Old 08-23-2004, 04:26 AM
Senior Members

I did include the sports suspension initially but removed it from my options list later as I felt the 124 rims being 18" would already give quite a hard ride. If I lowered the suspension, then it would feel really hard. Anyway its too late to add any more options as there is a cut off time which in my case has already passed.

Will surely join you guys once my car arrives. My regret is that I cannot buy the M5. You know, its gonna cost somewhere around SGD 450000.00, a difference of around SGD 140,000.00. Furthermore the insurance premium for such a car will definitely shoot thru the roof, and this is an annual affair.

Still thinking of the ACS kit. Saw the M sports kit picts in one of the other threads; don't really like the look.

Edlee
Old 08-23-2004, 06:44 AM
Senior Members

i think bodykits r very personal...go for it if u like them....btw eggs the new rims look awesome...tho i think the m5s r much better.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:04 AM
Senior Members

Where can I view the new rims?

Edlee

Quick Reply: Meeting of the E60s