Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Meeting of the E60s

Old 08-21-2004, 04:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sure was fun . How often would you have the opportunity to share and compare the specifications of your ride against those who got theirs earlier and those later.

A meet up like this provides plenty of questions like "mine is like this , what about yours" and "did PML short-change us" and such.

Although the meetup have only five of us (Totoseow, Eggz, Zag, Tategoi, and myself) we had a hearty dialogue that started with Kent Ridge Park and ended up at Labrador Park after Totoseow's car got "bombed" by some birds.

I think we should try to meet on a more regular basis . BMWorld & Guest Kiasu-king, you guys miss this one eh? BMW-SG forum's members (consisting of mostly E46 owners) meet up regularly on a particular weekend of the month. I am sure we can garner more support from PML if we have the mass.
Attached Thumbnails Meeting of the E60s-padsc01636.jpg  
Old 08-21-2004, 05:08 AM
Senior Members

Just before we adjourned to Labrador Park, we stopped for a chat . It was certainly blazing hot (34 degrees Celcius on the instrument cluster) and we can see Tategoi, Totoseow, Zag and Eggz taking cover .
Attached Thumbnails Meeting of the E60s-padsc01629.jpg  
Old 08-21-2004, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Kewl!
How were the ppl looking at ya guys ?
Old 08-21-2004, 06:16 AM
JDN
Contributors

I'm jealous. I don't even have a personal relationship with one E60 owner. <_<
Old 08-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

Its great meeting you guys. We now know more about our cars after the meet-up, and at the same time having more questions on our ride. Why is the label on the seat belt has the word Airbag on it? Why your rear A/C vent had a slot and mine is a wood cover?

And I did notice that cars had slowed down to gawk at the row of E60s
Old 08-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Olivin530i, Totoseow, Eggz, Zag, Tategoi,

Guys, great pictures!!!
Any chance your next meeting be end of September? Planning to be on holiday in Singapore then. Maybe I can meet up with you all when I'm there and see your E60s in the flesh and also have a ride to experience the Dynamic Drive. Unfortunately I won't be able to bring mine over but will post a photo of my car soon.

Totoseow if I remember correctly you said you'll be happy to meet up in the other post a few weeks ago. Any news on the BFD over there in Singapore?

Anyway guys will keep you posted once I've confirmed plans. Hope to see you then.

BMW530
Old 08-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

wow! did u guys remember passing the E-class on the other side of the road? He had to let us go first...I saw him pointing us out to his wife...hehe...that was fun.

BMW530..just drop me a note on the big singapore thread...i will meet u for sure...u will get to feel my DD...but coffee is on u....

nice pics olivin..zags silver grey n yours looks alike in the pics...
Old 08-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Aug 21 2004, 08:16 AM
I'm jealous. I don't even have a personal relationship with one E60 owner. <_<
I am envious too JDN, I don't know one with a 545 !

Heard that a 545i was ordered locally, wondering who this chap is? 4.4 litres and V8, phew!
Old 08-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

It was fantastic finally meeting up with you guys. Learned lots of suff, I lots all track of time until the wife called

Hopefuilly we can get more folks to come along next time. make sure it's a real big train of E60s! . This time, noticed quite a of people doing double takes at the sight of so many E60s together!

BMW530, it'll be great if you can join us next time!

eggz
Old 08-22-2004, 03:14 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

totoseow,

Coffee on me is fine. Maybe u can pick me up at the hotel too
Yes lets hope there will be more owners present during the next meet. I've been to Singapore so many times, I've never been to PML, maybe I'll pay them a visit this time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meeting of the E60s